Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero wallet? - page 2. (Read 17585 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
January 12, 2017, 09:52:58 PM
The problem with Monero wallets is that as far as I am aware there is no SPV wallets because there are massive technical hindrances to this.
At this point I am not sure if developers already figured out a a way to create some sort of SPV framework that doesn't compromise your privacy.
Also current hard fork is not helping, some wallets, i.e. Light Wallet will stop working after the fork.
I guess the best option is Monero Core...

The fork was Tuesday and LightWallet did indeed stop working. The developer recommended using the official GUI. MyMonero is down for updates needed after the fork. The Jaxx wallet guys claim they have Monero finished and will roll it out in a few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
January 12, 2017, 09:36:26 PM
The problem with Monero wallets is that as far as I am aware there is no SPV wallets because there are massive technical hindrances to this.
At this point I am not sure if developers already figured out a a way to create some sort of SPV framework that doesn't compromise your privacy.
Also current hard fork is not helping, some wallets, i.e. Light Wallet will stop working after the fork.
I guess the best option is Monero Core...
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
January 12, 2017, 08:12:18 PM
You can download the official beta of the Monero Core GUI wallet now. Let it sync completely before you attempt to send or receive, should take about 24 hours.

Thanks for the imput,

Any web wallet you know of?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
January 12, 2017, 08:06:39 PM
You can download the official beta of the Monero Core GUI wallet now. Let it sync completely before you attempt to send or receive, should take about 24 hours.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
January 12, 2017, 07:50:41 PM
Hey guys.
Right, i had a wallet at mymonero.com.. after trying to log on for about 2 days now.. its been offline ever since " we will be back online within a few hours" its been nearly 2 days and no sign of anything..

So, my question to you is.. any other good monero wallets i should know of?
I read about jaxx wallet.. multi crypto wallet.. i heard they were going to implement XMR, but i guess it's all talk so far as nothing has been added.

Any other valuable XMR wallet i could use?

Your imput is always appreciated.
Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: