Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero wallets - page 2. (Read 405 times)

copper member
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
December 09, 2017, 08:52:50 AM
Checking out the Graphical user interface wallet (gui) now,  Not entirely sure whether you need to run the daemon (monerod.exe) and sync it to the blockchain before you run the wallet exe itself before it can be used to receive and send transactions....

I know this is the case with the command line interface (cli) version of the same wallet available from the same downloads page.

The Gui wallet might start the Daemon automatically in the background and sort itself out though.   Can anyone confirm this?  

I'm more familiar with the Cli version of simplewallet.  I've not really used the GUI version as I've not had the need to...
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
December 09, 2017, 08:51:14 AM
I want to buy and hold Monero.
can anyone suggest me user friendly, secure wallet for Monero ?
You can used online wallet from offical web site! You seed from this wallet can import to PC wallet.
You need used protect virut software for your PC to check key log and other way to hack your key!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
crypto revolution
December 09, 2017, 08:46:22 AM
if you use the Monero desktop wallet, I experienced a few bugs and it takes a good while to sync the entire chain.
copper member
December 09, 2017, 08:42:17 AM
Oh here's a good link on how to make the safest cold wallet for long term storage of funds.  It's linked to from the official sites downloads page (you can confirm that yourself,  you should go there and use that link as you should never trust a forum link completely).  So should be safe.

https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/3239/is-there-a-tool-for-making-secure-cold-wallets/3240#3240

Activity: 228
Merit: 10
December 09, 2017, 08:38:35 AM
Simplewallet is a good simple wallet.    It's pretty self explaining and it walks you through the process of making a wallet.

It's pretty much the official monero wallet,  you can download it at the official website.

https://getmonero.org/downloads/

You want the Current Version: 0.11.1.0 Helium Hydra
pick the one for your operating system

Once it's downloaded run the monerod.exe    and let it synchronise itself to the blockchain.  this might take a long time,  best part of a day or more.

Once that's done,  it will tell you that it is synched and will let you know that you can start the monero-wallet-cli.exe   which is where you make your wallet (it walks you through when you start the exe,  good if you're new)

Once you make your wallet,  it will refresh the blockchain which shouldn't take all that long,  no where as long as synching the Daemon did.

Once it's finished you can then use your wallet.   type     help     into the wallet and hit enter.   It will display all the commands and how they are used.  basically a manual inside the wallet.  Easy enough to use even without prior experience.

If you run into trouble just pop back here and explain your problem and someone will do their best to help ya out :-)

Thank for details.I have already downloaded today and from getmonero.org, but couldn't understand how to use now will try Smiley
copper member
December 09, 2017, 08:36:40 AM
Gimme a sec,  All I've typed above is for the Command line interface wallet.  Looks like there is a Gui wallet available.  I'm taking a look at it now.

Course if you want to use the "Command line tools only" version....  All what I've said will line up and work fine.
December 09, 2017, 08:34:23 AM
How can i make paper wallet for monero? (e.g I made paper wallet for ethereum on myetherwallet.com )
copper member
December 09, 2017, 08:33:12 AM
Simplewallet is a good simple wallet.    It's pretty self explaining and it walks you through the process of making a wallet.

It's pretty much the official monero wallet,  you can download it at the official website.

https://getmonero.org/downloads/

You want the Current Version: 0.11.1.0 Helium Hydra
pick the one for your operating system

Once it's downloaded run the monerod.exe    and let it synchronise itself to the blockchain.  this might take a long time,  best part of a day or more.

Once that's done,  it will tell you that it is synched and will let you know that you can start the monero-wallet-cli.exe   which is where you make your wallet (it walks you through when you start the exe,  good if you're new)

Once you make your wallet,  it will refresh the blockchain which shouldn't take all that long,  no where as long as synching the Daemon did.

Once it's finished you can then use your wallet.   type     help     into the wallet and hit enter.   It will display all the commands and how they are used.  basically a manual inside the wallet.  Easy enough to use even without prior experience.

If you run into trouble just pop back here and explain your problem and someone will do their best to help ya out :-)

Activity: 149
December 09, 2017, 08:26:22 AM
put it on a paper wallet if u want to hold longterm
safest option imo
December 09, 2017, 08:16:04 AM
I want to buy and hold Monero.
can anyone suggest me user friendly, secure wallet for Monero ?
Pages:
Jump to: