Pages:
Author

Topic: Monitoring cypto movements larger than USD/EUR 1000 - page 2. (Read 276 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 127
If you are going to track a wallet then it goes to a mixer then every trace will be lost. So it's better to track someone rather than tracking a wallet since it's pretty easy to make so many wallets for only one user. Its only fair for those who are not into money laundering and making a decent income over cryptocurrency so there is no need to fear about FATF.

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
1000 is a really small number they will need a lot of time and resources to track every small payment.

I don't think this is reasonable both from the point of view of the authorities and us users. What are they going to do? Ask every account holder where they are spending every $1000? Maybe it's a new TV or a washing machine Cheesy
Activity: 255
Merit: 3
I would imagine the number to be higher but 1k seems fair especially if it's from the same person
Activity: 300
Merit: 5
I just came across these responses from CipherTrace in regards to FATF Regulation and found this point in particular quite interesting esp in regards to tracking the customer rather than just one address/wallet

Do you think this is fair?

https://ciphertrace.com/response-to-fatf-on-vasp-regulation/
Pages:
Jump to: