Pages:
Author

Topic: More crap to deal with - Dwolla Reverses TradeHill Transactions - page 5. (Read 12188 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
So from a bank's perspective - if they have what appears to be a valid legal claim (affidavit?) that a transaction was fraudulent, I guess they work on the basis that the merchant will have the relevant information as to who actually initiated the transaction and so is best positioned to follow it up.
That's ridiculous. Dwolla interacted with the party that supplied the money and the party that claimed the transaction was fraudulent, they are in the best position to figure out pusue the claims. The merchant had no contact whatsoever with the money source except through Dwolla. The merchant didn't necessarily ever interact with anyone.

The fraud claim must be that the person who initiated the transfer (who interacted only with Dwolla) wasn't authorized to perform the transfer by the person who owned the funds (who interacted only with Dwolla). Who does the merchant follow up with? Two people he interacted with only through Dwolla?

I don't see anything in their user agreement that says that can reverse transactions. Dwolla has gone, in my opinion, from useful to useless. I'll raise my opinion of them a bit if I see what information they provided when they reversed a transaction. If the released literally all information they had from both contacts, I'll revise my opinion a bit.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
Dwolla suspended my account that had over $400 in it and now my money is gone.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Can someone make the issue clear please   Grin I still don't get fully what happened and I didn't see Anything on tradehills website.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1257
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
+1 for the title

I guess a new term is in order: dwollad!

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
So from a bank's perspective - if they have what appears to be a valid legal claim (affidavit?) that a transaction was fraudulent, I guess they work on the basis that the merchant will have the relevant information as to who actually initiated the transaction and so is best positioned to follow it up.

Now I know most people like the idea of collecting minimal information about customers - but given the way the banking system works, isn't it in the best interest of the exchanges  to collect enough personal/business information that they could follow up with a debt collection agency/credit reporting agency if necessary?

Ultimately there may be ways to get your BTC more anonymously (face to face etc) - but I don't see that it's necessary for exchanges to treat incoming fiat transactions as if they only need an email address as identification.

It's a slight privacy concern that an exchange has more personal data - but if you're using bank accounts etc to transfer funds in/out you're not exactly anonymous from a law-enforcement agency anyway - and really.. do most of us need to be anonymous  for  bitcoin acquisition/offloading purposes?

+1

right now it looks like anonymity works in favor for scammers knowing they can pull this shit without any consequences
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Now I know most people like the idea of collecting minimal information about customers - but given the way the banking system works, isn't it in the best interest of the exchanges  to collect enough personal/business information that they could follow up with a debt collection agency/credit reporting agency if necessary?

Ultimately there may be ways to get your BTC more anonymously (face to face etc) - but I don't see that it's necessary for exchanges to treat incoming fiat transactions as if they only need an email address as identification.

It's a slight privacy concern that an exchange has more personal data - but if you're using bank accounts etc to transfer funds in/out you're not exactly anonymous from a law-enforcement agency anyway - and really.. do most of us need to be anonymous  for  bitcoin acquisition/offloading purposes?

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
So I understand that Dwolla deposits are disabled, but what about withdrawals? If I request a Dwolla withdrawal right now, will that be processed?

Yes.

Jered
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
+1 for the title

I guess a new term is in order: dwollad!

eck
Activity: 18
So I understand that Dwolla deposits are disabled, but what about withdrawals? If I request a Dwolla withdrawal right now, will that be processed?
Intersango.us hasn't been affected by this as we have just opened. We are a free service and treading carefully. We are run by the same guys that have been running Britcoin.co.uk

Donald,

You've got my contact info. You're a good guy and we would be happy to speak with you and pass on all the information we have regarding fraud and Dwolla.
If we can help prevent them from taking advantage we will.

Jered
We're open to discuss this with everyone. It's unfortunate and we want to fix the situation.

The name we used as an example in the onlyonetv.com video was identified to us as a person who's account had been closed by Dwolla and had scammed us.

We have spoken with Dwolla multiple times and they assured us that if we receive a CSV or email showing credited that it will not change.

This is clearly not the case and we are asking Dwolla to make this right.

Jered
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Intersango.us hasn't been affected by this as we have just opened. We are a free service and treading carefully. We are run by the same guys that have been running Britcoin.co.uk
legendary
Activity: 1330
Bitcoin
"Contact Us" on dwolla's site is a 404

Yep, just noticed that!
legendary
Activity: 294
"Contact Us" on dwolla's site is a 404
legendary
Activity: 1330
Bitcoin
I thought Dwolla can't be reversed? (I've never used it and don't know much about it)

More like Dwolla is playing games saying something has cleared but it hasn't in order to cover their ass's!
Activity: 294
Dwolla is still in the list for withdrawals at TH
legendary
I thought Dwolla can't be reversed? (I've never used it and don't know much about it)

that's what everyone thought, apparently dwolla changed their ToS without any notice
Activity: 17
Activity: 299
Dwolla scandal update: Camp BX is not affected by this, and every dollar is accounted for.

Hoping the same for other Bitcoin sites!

Thank you,
     Keyur
     www.CampBX.com
Pages:
Jump to: