Pages:
Author

Topic: More than 50,000 unconfirmed transactions - page 4. (Read 16739 times)

vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
February 03, 2017, 02:35:05 PM

FYI:
BTC better learn from what happened to ixcoin, when their large PoW miners dropped off it was only finding a block every few days.

You cannot really think that do you? Bitcoin has already reached critical mass where it already has passed the ponzi scheme stage and it is already entering a stage where it is already has a circular economy. If the big miners drop off that will be a welcome opportunity for the other miners waiting in line to make up for the gap. So it is not really comparable with Ixcoin.

It is a security Vulnerability nothing more nothing less,
Since BTC only updates their difficulty every 2 weeks,

Any of these scenarios could activate the issue that could cause blocks to be found intermittently.

1.  Large ASICS manufacturer drives up the Difficulty and then disconnects to cause a crash in BTC price (Shorting the Price of BTC to make money.)
2.  Someone physically damages the internet connection of a few of the largest mining Pools at the same time.
3.  Natural disasters such as tsunami take out a few large mining pools
4.  Hackers or a rogue governments DDOS the largest mining pools for a few days to prevent them from staying in sync with the network

The Solution so this is not an issue, is simple and the majority of alts have already implemented it ,
change the code so the difficulty is recalculated per every block instead of every 2 weeks.
But BTC core devs are too busy trying to get the altcoin know as LN to take over BTC to fix any onchain security threats.

Cool

After this post it is hard for me to take you seriously. You are only trolling and spreading FUD especially with you telling everyone to abandon Bitcoin and hold Litecoin instead in a post right after this. You have exposed your hidden and real motivation for doing so.

FYI:
If you need to transfer fast , either pay an insanely High BTC Fee or just use LTC instead.
LTC is faster & cheaper with none of these headaches.

You are funny. Litecoin will never be as big as Bitcoin. You are getting desperate.  Roll Eyes

Wait till Vlad gets here and starts advancing his pet alt. First, let him finish eating his Romanian apple cooped up in some four-star hotel overlooking the protesters outside.

After over eight hours my third transaction just got confirmed but not the second one. Odd!

Breaking news: Second transfer still not confirmed. On top of that, the third-party provider no longer has it listed as a pending transaction. Does this mean that some other can now purchase that Lamborghini I had my heart set on?  Cry (latter = humor)

I'm still amazed as to how the lesser of the three transactions went through first (it being the first), when the other two of higher values didn't, all processed on my end prior to the creation of the very next block (at the time) which immediately confirmed the first lesser transaction as soon as that next block was created. To boot, the second highest amount was confirmed ~10 hours later (thought it was only 8+ as penned above), while the highest amount including appropriate fees is still awaiting its first confirmation.

Personally, I'm not too concerned given that the amounts in question weren't that large, but we're talking here thousands of others, some with substantial expenditures, waiting for hours (or over a day now) for confirmations when such shouldn't be the case. I'd say that such could give Bitcoin a bigger black eye than any infamous nefarious act known in this space.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
February 03, 2017, 02:28:09 PM

LTC fixed the spam issue in 2015.
There is nothing stopping BTC from using the same type of fix.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/litecoin-shows-there-is-a-simple-fix-for-spam-attacks-on-bitcoin

CT: Can you explain why Litecoin is ‘immune’ to the spam attack?

CL: The fix implemented in Litecoin is just to charge the sender a fee for each tiny output he creates. For example, in this specific attack, the sender is charged one fee for sending to 34 tiny outputs of 0.00001 BTC. With the fix, that fee would be 34 times as much. So it would cost the attacker a lot more to perform the spam attack. The concept is fairly simple: the sender should pay for each tiny output he/she creates.

Cool

This begs a more fundamental question: What percentage of the spam transactions on the Bitcoin network actually get mined?
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
February 03, 2017, 01:19:32 PM
So I've finally got the in-laws on board with bitcoin.  I've set them up a Coinbase account and given them an Electrum wallet.

To demonstrate how to use the Electrum wallet, I send them a small amount with the default 0.0005btc/btc as the fee from mine.

That was 18 hours ago, and now they think I am an idiot.

This is EPIC FAIL of marketing 101.

Still unconfirmed and I am on the ropes trying to make excuses.

This technology is obviously just not ready for prime time.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
February 03, 2017, 12:41:34 PM
that cant suggest somthing good, im a little bit worried
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Veni, Vidi, Vici
February 03, 2017, 12:36:09 PM
The same story like as was one week ago. Many unconfirmed transactions, many people waiting more than 10 hours when their fees are about 65s/b and they cannot understand the reason. Some people yelling that is only a spam attack, and other quarrel in favor of one or the other solution (blocksize, segwit) without any solution in the end. On the other side people are speaking about mass worldwide adoption or what they will do if the government of 'x' country will ban or regulate bitcoin. At last, the only happy are miners they easily see good profits when fees are high and bitcoin price more than $1000.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
February 03, 2017, 12:16:33 PM
this really is a terrible figure
this too inconvenient, I think it should be addressed immediately
market stalled
I have recently sent some bitcoin with around 70 satoshi per byte fee and it get confirmed within next 2 blocks. So whenever there will be attack on bitcoin network or whenever there will be lots of unconfirmed transactions in mempool just include high fee per byte than it will went through smoothly.

you got lucky because 70 satoshi per byte was too low today almost half what is supposed to be according to that 21.co fee site. i had a transaction with low fees (about the same 70-80 satoshi per bytes) today at it took me about 5 hours to see a confirmation.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 03, 2017, 12:12:51 PM

bitcoin & bitcoin classic Smiley
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
February 03, 2017, 12:03:06 PM
market stalled
I have recently sent some bitcoin with around 70 satoshi per byte fee and it get confirmed within next 2 blocks. So whenever there will be attack on bitcoin network or whenever there will be lots of unconfirmed transactions in mempool just include high fee per byte than it will went through smoothly.
Activity: 588
Merit: 541
February 03, 2017, 11:14:16 AM
I didn't think it would happen to me but it is now. I'm still waiting for 1 confirmation for a very small transaction I made 12 hours ago. Maybe it's time to activate segwit or hard fork to Bitcoin Unlimited. Something. Anything! This cannot happen on a regular basis for a payment platform if it is to move forward.
Do whatever you want, it is what it is. sorry but just use a good fee for miners to have an incentive.
Hard fork in your dreams.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Transact Safer / Chase Better
February 03, 2017, 07:30:21 AM
market stalled

Now slowly i am getting confirmation from the network don't worry, every body will get their money some times network will be very busy to mature the block. So we have to give it a time this is not first happend, many time happen like this.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
February 03, 2017, 07:24:17 AM
market stalled
legendary
Activity: 1092
February 03, 2017, 07:10:56 AM
BTC transactions are backlogged again.   Tongue

67468 Unconfirmed Transactions
https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Cool

FYI:
If you need to transfer fast , either pay an insanely High BTC Fee or just use LTC instead.

FYI2:
The backlog this time is not being caused by blocks not being found like the last time.
Blocks are being found every few minutes this time, the network just can't keep up with the Transactions Volume.  Tongue
with the number of confirmation of 50.000 are still think bitcoin will replace fiat money or currency futures? I don't like to confirm to the tens of thousands, are not useful and visible only throw the time.

there is a spam attack going on and the attackers have millions of dollars at their disposal to attack the network only spending a small portion of that amount on fees.

with 10% of that amount you can cripple any bank, fiat system and easily any online payment processor such as PayPal. the difference is that if you get caught you will be prosecuted but with bitcoin it seems like they are getting away with it so far.

LTC fixed the spam issue in 2015.
There is nothing stopping BTC from using the same type of fix.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/litecoin-shows-there-is-a-simple-fix-for-spam-attacks-on-bitcoin

CT: Can you explain why Litecoin is ‘immune’ to the spam attack?

CL: The fix implemented in Litecoin is just to charge the sender a fee for each tiny output he creates. For example, in this specific attack, the sender is charged one fee for sending to 34 tiny outputs of 0.00001 BTC. With the fix, that fee would be 34 times as much. So it would cost the attacker a lot more to perform the spam attack. The concept is fairly simple: the sender should pay for each tiny output he/she creates.

Cool
vip
February 03, 2017, 06:59:16 AM

Wait till Vlad gets here and starts advancing his pet alt. First, let him finish eating his Romanian apple cooped up in some four-star hotel overlooking the protesters outside.

Haha.  It's true, but I might start throwing apples soon. 

IXcoin is gonna rule the world.  Litecoin is just a copy of Tenebrix and is far from the ideal solution. 
Not to mention iXcoin was launched by the Satoshi Team and was the first Bitcoin clone.  But that's just a bonus.  Smiley

Dude, are you stalking me? And don't claim that I PM'ed you so that you'll reply, for that dog won't hunt.  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
February 03, 2017, 05:08:59 AM

Haha.  It's true, but I might start throwing apples soon. 

IXcoin is gonna rule the world.  Litecoin is just a copy of Tenebrix and is far from the ideal solution. 
Not to mention iXcoin was launched by the Satoshi Team and was the first Bitcoin clone.  But that's just a bonus.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
February 03, 2017, 03:45:09 AM
BTC transactions are backlogged again.   Tongue

Cool

FYI:

FYI2:
The backlog this time is not being caused by blocks not being found like the last time.
Blocks are being found every few minutes this time, the network just can't keep up with the Transactions Volume.  Tongue
with the number of confirmation of 50.000 are still think bitcoin will replace fiat money or currency futures? I don't like to confirm to the tens of thousands, are not useful and visible only throw the time.

there is a spam attack going on and the attackers have millions of dollars at their disposal to attack the network only spending a small portion of that amount on fees.

with 10% of that amount you can cripple any bank, fiat system and easily any online payment processor such as PayPal. the difference is that if you get caught you will be prosecuted but with bitcoin it seems like they are getting away with it so far.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 03, 2017, 03:15:47 AM
BTC transactions are backlogged again.   Tongue

Cool

FYI:

FYI2:
legendary
Activity: 1045
February 03, 2017, 02:51:25 AM
Sh*t! It's happening again! We really need to increase that damned block size!

I've been waiting for more than 6 hours for a transaction to be confirmed, and I'm shocked to see there are more than 50,000 in the queue.

We need SegWit, or an urgent block size increase. For the sake of BTC, something needs to be done, fast!

Spam attack. Its proven.

What we need is a new brain for you. Welcome on my ignorelist.

Segwit is a great tech, because of smart contract abilities.

vip
February 03, 2017, 02:06:55 AM

FYI:
BTC better learn from what happened to ixcoin, when their large PoW miners dropped off it was only finding a block every few days.

You cannot really think that do you? Bitcoin has already reached critical mass where it already has passed the ponzi scheme stage and it is already entering a stage where it is already has a circular economy. If the big miners drop off that will be a welcome opportunity for the other miners waiting in line to make up for the gap. So it is not really comparable with Ixcoin.

It is a security Vulnerability nothing more nothing less,
Since BTC only updates their difficulty every 2 weeks,

Any of these scenarios could activate the issue that could cause blocks to be found intermittently.

1.  Large ASICS manufacturer drives up the Difficulty and then disconnects to cause a crash in BTC price (Shorting the Price of BTC to make money.)
2.  Someone physically damages the internet connection of a few of the largest mining Pools at the same time.
3.  Natural disasters such as tsunami take out a few large mining pools
4.  Hackers or a rogue governments DDOS the largest mining pools for a few days to prevent them from staying in sync with the network

The Solution so this is not an issue, is simple and the majority of alts have already implemented it ,
change the code so the difficulty is recalculated per every block instead of every 2 weeks.
But BTC core devs are too busy trying to get the altcoin know as LN to take over BTC to fix any onchain security threats.

Cool

After this post it is hard for me to take you seriously. You are only trolling and spreading FUD especially with you telling everyone to abandon Bitcoin and hold Litecoin instead in a post right after this. You have exposed your hidden and real motivation for doing so.

FYI:

You are funny. Litecoin will never be as big as Bitcoin. You are getting desperate.  Roll Eyes

After over eight hours my third transaction just got confirmed but not the second one. Odd!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 03, 2017, 02:01:40 AM
Sh*t! It's happening again! We really need to increase that damned block size!

I've been waiting for more than 6 hours for a transaction to be confirmed, and I'm shocked to see there are more than 50,000 in the queue.

We need SegWit, or an urgent block size increase. For the sake of BTC, something needs to be done, fast!

Yes, im also waiting for past 4 hours.I have sent btc from my wallet to localbitcoins to cashout.I need money urgently, but just sitting infront of my laptop to see its confirmation.A critical stage has come to bitcoin community and block size issue has to be solved.
legendary
Activity: 1092
February 03, 2017, 12:26:31 AM
I don't really know where else to go from that..   1MB will seem like 1KB soon enough.  What do..

1 MB was perfectly fine for Bitcoin at the beginning. But like all technology, after some time it becomes obsolete and will require an update.
The problem of bitcoin is not that it cannot be better, is is the community that can't seem to find a way how to achieve that progress, arguing and forcing different scaling solutions.

If that will continue then Bitcoin might be stuck forever with 1MB and it won't be long before users frustrated with the bitcoin network will ditch it in favor of other cryptos.

@ Mr. ignore list
Others see it too.  Smiley

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: