Pages:
Author

Topic: More than 80% of ICO's launched in 2017/8 Were Scams, STO's are the next step. - page 3. (Read 406 times)

Activity: 594
Merit: 250
STO is not a good solution, investors still want anonymous investments. I think instead of switching to STO it's better to make regulations to tighten the ICO project launch

I agree with you that ICO regulations is one of the solutions to at least filter and tighten the list of ICOs in the market. With rules and regulations layed out on the floor, somehow weak developer team and nonsense projects will not be allowed to do crowdfunding. The regulations is focus on the team and project, not on the investors.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
Cryptomarket is very volatile, easy to manipulate & easy to make scams by fake ICOs because of lack of proper regulation. Security Token offering will help surely to tackle the scam problems as they will have to go through the security laws & the market manipulation will also be reduced significantly as there will be separate exchange platform to trade specially security tokens.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
Yes 2017/18 isn't a very good year for ICO's  as many scam ICO occupied the world crypto market. But we see that STI is just coming by to relegate ICO, but to me, I don't think it's STO's that can stop this scamming thing but plainly that crypto needs regulations.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
The method of gathering funds seems irrelevant to me, I do not care how new projects get their funding the great problem are the scammers and the developers that have no idea what they are doing and since I do not see that changing at all the same that is happening to icos now will happen to this new model, but many people like me have learned their lesson and I will never invest in an ico or any project that is asking for free money just to develop something that in the long run may not work.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256
I am skeptical.

Im sure there will be proper viable projects funded by STO's but I think
there will be plenty of scammers out there who will use it as another
weapon to relieve people of their funds.

I got a bit burned with some ICO's but i feel relieved and privileged that
bitcoin and some established alts have remained strong for me so I
wi continue to believe in those.
Activity: 139
Merit: 20
Don't think that there will not be scams in the STO space, too. There will be, and there will be a lot. Not blatant scams, though, because more regulation is forced upon. Think of more sophisticated and veiled scams. ICO examples - EOS, Steemit.
I never say it, but you must admit that is indeed an improvement of the current system
Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
if indeed STO is a better method than ICO.
and if the STO method is the best way to prevent some fraud from happening, I strongly agree with this step.
In this case, I am interested in the question of how the role of bounty hunters will change with STO. If it does not change, then you can try with STO.
However, I believe that the ICO is still early to bury. They also have a right to exist, especially after states regulate it and frauds in these ICO projects are also significantly reduced.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 12
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
Yeah i agree with you on that i think fully registered and licensed stos are the need of the hour that not only will provide you real ownership to investors in the comoany but also share the profits and last but not the least due to regulations chances of scam are also very low.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
Don't think that there will not be scams in the STO space, too. There will be, and there will be a lot. Not blatant scams, though, because more regulation is forced upon. Think of more sophisticated and veiled scams. ICO examples - EOS, Steemit.
Activity: 784
Merit: 256
Binance #Smart World Global Token
The idea is good, but can small companies, with the help of STO, raise funds for development?? Steve jobs built his first computer in the garage and nobody sponsored it. ICO is good because anyone can turn their idea into a successful project, without any outside interference and raise money with the help of people who believe in it. I think that the ICO will not die, but simply change.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
STO is not a good solution, investors still want anonymous investments. I think instead of switching to STO it's better to make regulations to tighten the ICO project launch
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
STO is definitely the next logical step but will it be enough to stop the scams are a question. First of all like I always say not all "scams" are actually scams, ICO is a thing that requires a lot of luck and expertise and some of the people who started coins actually bankrupted the funds and failed to create a good coin but because they failed and went away people called them "scams" where as they were just incompetent people. STO will at least have a higher entry barrier where scammers and incompetent people will be eliminated a bit, not all of them but a lot of them.

Right now, ANYONE can start a new coin and create a new ICO with the STO thankfully that number will decrease and if a person wants to scam people it will take a big more time and effort, and if you are incompetent and a failure it will take a while to be even a STO which still elaminates the "everyone can start a new coin" level to "some can start a new coin" levels.
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
if indeed STO is a better method than ICO.
and if the STO method is the best way to prevent some fraud from happening, I strongly agree with this step.
Activity: 139
Merit: 20
In the last two years more then half of ICO's was shut down or tagged at scams

There is currently an intense debate raging within the crypto community. This debate is centered around the emergence of a new method of raising money for blockchain projects, this method is called a Security Token Offering (STO).

Some people believe that STOs, will eventually completely replace the original Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs). Others believe that STOs in their current form actually take away from a lot of the original positives that crowdfunding through an ICO provided.

Here in thisSTO guide, I explained everything about STO's the differences and regulations regarding it and why it so good to the crypto world

What would you think will happen in the next few years, STO is just another faze or it will be the final form? 
Pages:
Jump to: