Pages:
Author

Topic: Most important aspect in Bitcoin mining - page 2. (Read 939 times)

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
August 02, 2021, 10:47:23 AM
Read this 1st It pretty much covers everything. One big key point many folks forget is,
This is something that is often overlooked to the headache and frustration of many would be miners. These machines are loud and hot. You essentially have an electric heater that also uses an industrial fan to keep it from melting itself. This space will need to have the electrical requirements as discussed previously.

So make sure you have a space that is well ventilated with a plan to exhaust heat, and bring in fresh dust free air. I say this as using AC to cool the room will eat into your profits and may even make mining unprofitable. The noise issue is a consideration you can sort out depending on whats available. (garage, basement, remote building)
Since you said you are getting a pre-owned miner you need to do a few things to make sure it has not been infected with malware:
  Download a fresh copy of the miner firmware from the manufacturer's website
  Load it into the miner

How to do that all depends on who makes the miner and what model it is. There are lots of posts in the Forum about how to do it, just look at posts dealing with your miner.
Activity: 336
Merit: 16
August 02, 2021, 10:44:44 AM
Lately l picked interest in bitcoin mining and i have purchase my pre-own Asic mining equipment that will be shipped in the next few days, am curious know, aside from electricity which other factors should i consider before setting up my mining farm.
Pages:
Jump to: