Pages:
Author

Topic: Most profitable GPU mining rig Domino G12 - page 2. (Read 557 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 272
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
No argue about worth it or not for buying mining rigs nowadays.

To be honest, with all of that spec, $3000 is a reasonable price (if it right), you've reduced rig building time that will take a long enough time if you were do it yourself. On this bundled, each GPU cost you under $300 (not bad), but we don't know are those cards brand new or used card.

Let's see what they are gonna tell me.
I am gonna ask them for further details through E-mail conversation

Waiting for the result!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Ok, i got your message.
But i wanted to buy these..
Let's see what they are gonna tell me.
I am gonna ask them for further details through E-mail conversation
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
I don't really think that it's the wisest thing to throw money at mining rigs anymore. You do make some profit but the initial investment recovery time is REALLY long. You could be better off buying some coins from the market instead and hope that the bought coins will moon.

Just my 2 cents.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
Can't speak to the price, as we use exclusively Nvidia these days but I've used a bunch of these Chinese cases - they're all much better than open frame rigs IMO, as you can control airflow, and most are using riser-less motherboards, which is a must have for me.  If you're home mining, then open frame rigs are great - not saying you can't industrial mine with them, they just are much more work in my experience.

Some cases are better designed than others, and for my purposes their G12 isn't the best - in particular how they have airflow setup.  I suspect they didn't spend any time modeling airflow, and just tossed vents and fans all over it - by this I mean they have vents on the front that are far too close to the intakes, so if there is any kind of positive pressure inside the case, it's going to short-circuit the airflow and suck in hot air from the case.  Then it has two kind of random fans stuck on the back top, which makes these cases unstackable and I have no idea what they thought they were doing with them, as it disrupts the straight flow of air you want from the front right out the back.  Venting on the back is a bit more of a mixed bag depending on what they're doing - the open area around the connectors I personally like, because it tends to help the airflow around the PSU, which has a tendency to trap air around it and get hotter than normal.  I also like the extra-wide card slots, as once again it helps keep the air flowing inbetween the cards, instead of just over them, like the slots across the back top do.  All in all not the best design - solid meh from me.

My preferred cases are these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Awesome-6-GPU-Altcoin-Mining-Rig-Case-just-add-cards-Fast-US-Shipping/253663963171?hash=item3b0f8ce823%3Ag%3ACsQAAOSwl5VbBcA0&_sop=16&_pgn=3&_sacat=0&_nkw=gpu+mining+rig&_from=R40&rt=nc

Although I've used these with success as well, although I prefer the PSU on the other one as it's a more tradition ATX:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-GPU-Mining-Server-Case-w-4-FANS-Motherboard-Power-Memory-Rsiers-Frame-Rig-ETH/401486164608?epid=27014163342&hash=item5d7a70b280%3Ag%3AhaIAAOSwcSxacuOV&_sop=16&_pgn=3&_sacat=0&_nkw=gpu+mining+rig&_from=R40&rt=nc

Generally on these cases you'll see vents on the sides or top, but they are more to normalize pressure in case (to extend fan life) than for anything else - although they do disrupt airflow a bit.

Also keep in mind that any of these machines PSU really isn't going to work well at 110v - I'm not saying they WON'T work, just that they won't work for long.  Wink

One more somewhat random comment - as I was searching on eBay for cases, I ran across this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINING-RIG-GPU-SYSTEM-MP1061009N-9xGPUs-6GB-225MH-s-ETH/142870841634?hash=item2143c40922%3Ag%3AJzcAAOSw2khbTTpZ&_sop=16&_pgn=3&_sacat=0&_nkw=gpu+mining+rig&_from=R40&rt=nc

Before you get excited it's a scam, in particular the fact it says 'PLEASE NOTE: Delivery ~ 30 days', so just be careful - I've run into that lately on eBay, they try to get outside of the 30 days easy return period the eBay normally provides.  It never works, but it can tie up your money and be a huge PIA.  I also wouldn't buy from random places you find on Google - unless it's a provider that's been around for a while, just stick to eBay or the forum (with escrow), and you'll probably have a good experience.

Either way, Good luck!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I have seen this advertisement on Google search "Domino Technology - Most Efficient mining rig". i searched for threads related to this website but did not found anything. So, i thought "I should create athread".
This is stated for their Domino G12 miner
Weight           11 kg
Dimensions   75 x 32 x 22 cm
Product model   G12
Graphics Chip (GPU)   RX580 8GB

Central Processing Unit (CPU)   
Intel Dual Core

Random Access Memory (RAM)   
4GB

Inbuilt Storage (ROM)   
32GB

Total quantity of Graphics chips