Pages:
Author

Topic: Most trustworthy exchange site? - page 2. (Read 1150 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 11, 2014, 02:30:49 AM
Otherwise mtgox and btc-e seem like relatively reputable sites.

You realize that once you get your fiat into mtgox it's incredibly difficult to get it out, right? Basically you can buy bitcoin on mtgox easily, but selling is a pain in the ass.

That's what I thought... and why I didn't mention it as one I was taking a look at.

Is there no site that isn't a pain in the ass?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 11, 2014, 01:41:23 AM

You realize that once you get your fiat into mtgox it's incredibly difficult to get it out, right? Basically you can buy bitcoin on mtgox easily, but selling is a pain in the ass.
January 11, 2014, 01:38:54 AM
If you are just looking to purchase Bitcoin, I'd probably go with Coinbase.  They are based out of SF and are very transparent about their operations.
They do charge a fee for transactions, but if security is what you want, I'd probably go with them.

I'm looking to exchange altcoin into BTC.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
January 11, 2014, 01:31:59 AM
If you are just looking to purchase Bitcoin, I'd probably go with Coinbase.  They are based out of SF and are very transparent about their operations.
They do charge a fee for transactions, but if security is what you want, I'd probably go with them.

January 11, 2014, 01:21:18 AM
 Every site seems to have 5-10 nightmare stories accompanying it.

Which do you think is the safest, best site to use as an American?

I think I like BTC-E and Cryptsy (for all the currency it deals in) but I'm afraid to trust them.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: