Pages:
Author

Topic: Moved - page 2. (Read 2228 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 03, 2015, 04:46:18 PM
Just found this one out, turns out you can calculate a transaction hash as explained by the former lead dev Gavin Andresen, though I don't know whether it is applicable on your query. Link --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.649253
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
October 03, 2015, 04:43:45 PM
Hashes of the same data are always the same. However, the data inside a transaction is not always the same. A transaction includes a signature, which includes random numbers thus the data is not always known so the hash cannot be calculated without actually creating and signing a transaction.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 03, 2015, 04:41:09 PM
I'm asking if the Bitcoin's transaction hashes are random or can be calculated ?.

A transaction hash is the hash of the transaction. A "hash" is a computation that is done on data and results in a value that has useful properties, including relative uniqueness, the appearance of randomness, and an inability to recreate the original data.

In Bitcoin, transaction hash = SHA256(SHA256(transaction))

So ? can it be calculated OR NOT  Smiley  Like if you give me your btc address and i wanted to send you 5$ But i want to know AND CALCULATE the tx hash before sending the payment to you is it possible ?
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
October 03, 2015, 04:36:19 PM
I'm asking if the Bitcoin's transaction hashes are random or can be calculated ?.

A transaction hash is a hash of the transaction. A "hash" is a computation that is done on data and results in a value that has useful properties, including relative uniqueness, the appearance of randomness, and an inability to recreate the original data. A transaction hash is also known as a transaction ID, or txid.

In Bitcoin, transaction hash = SHA256(SHA256(transaction))
October 03, 2015, 04:34:02 PM
Not very much familiar with cryptography, as I'm just starting to get my grasp of it, but I think that it is not randomly generated and some algorithms are required to produce such a hash. See this page for more info. If hashes are randomly calculated in bitcoin, then algorithms would be pretty much useless in this case.

Thank brother & i'm waiting for a clear answer , i wonder if we really are able to calculate all the hash or just the first part of its ?
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 03, 2015, 04:27:09 PM
Not very much familiar with cryptography, as I'm just starting to get my grasp of it, but I think that it is not randomly generated and some algorithms are required to produce such a hash. See this page for more info. If hashes are randomly calculated in bitcoin, then algorithms would be pretty much useless in this case.
October 03, 2015, 04:21:03 PM
Moved!
Pages:
Jump to: