Pages:
Author

Topic: Moving Averages - page 3. (Read 3280 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 3391
December 21, 2013, 08:53:50 PM
Technical analysis is astrology for speculators. It is all about confirmation bias. Moving averages tell you about what happened in the past, but they tell you nothing about the future. They can't even tell you about the present.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
December 21, 2013, 03:04:23 PM
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
December 21, 2013, 02:58:27 PM
You will find that you can use moving averages or any other indicator (macd, stocastic, atr, rsi, ... infinity) to predict the past extremely well, however, they fail predicting the future. Period. Been there done that many, many moons ago.

Hint: Price action at support and resistance is the key. It took many years to discover this little nugget.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
December 21, 2013, 02:13:32 PM
Hi!

I've read a little bit about moving averages and how by comparing two different moving averages you decipher a little bit of what's going on below the surface of the market, and when it's a good time to jump in and out.

For example, starting around 4:45 of this video here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAhSd400lag&list=WLA318858287F6F15E

However, with the volatility of the bitcoin market I'm not sure what time frames would be best to undertake this analysis. Are there any experts that have used this method and are willing to enlighten the rest of us?

For example I've found 5 day moving averages and 20 day moving averages give good results, but as a beginner I would like to hear a more official word on what might be better.

Thanks in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: