Pages:
Author

Topic: MSNBC Video Edit - page 2. (Read 1502 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
February 02, 2013, 12:52:39 PM
Nice to see this in writing and not video anymore but it still makes me angry and I'm British lol Tongue Gun control doesn't prevent deaths, what's increased over here is knife crime.

UK still has ~5x fewer violent deaths per 100K than the US.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
February 02, 2013, 11:12:24 AM
We have a regulator in Britain called OFCOM and the BBC are supposed to be impartial about everything they report on, trust me, it doesn't work, the best thing that ever happened to media was the internet purely because anyone can post anything on it.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
February 02, 2013, 10:50:44 AM
This is why we need to bring back the fairness doctrine, so these news channels (btw, the word news is nowhere in the name MSNBC nor any of their programs) are required to have ethics.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ
February 02, 2013, 10:02:05 AM
Thanks for posting this link. I hadn't seen this one before.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
January 31, 2013, 05:18:51 AM
Nice to see this in writing and not video anymore but it still makes me angry and I'm British lol Tongue Gun control doesn't prevent deaths, what's increased over here is knife crime.

Yep, plenty of bias to go around, they give the people who are for gun control a voice but people who are against it have to yell it out and look crazy on camera to get noticed.
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
January 30, 2013, 06:19:22 PM
A father of one of the kids who was killed in the Newtown shooting gave testimony advocating gun control in Hartford, Conn.

Near the end of his testimony he said "Why anybody in this room needs to have an, one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips. ... Not one person can answer that question" and then stood silent and looked at the gallery behind him, as if waiting for a response. Several people shouted responses such as "the second amendment".

MSNBC cut and edited the video. So to the viewer it appeared as though audience members interrupted his speech about his son with shouts and jeers. One MSNBC headline of the event read "Mocked and Loaded: Sandy Hook Victim’s Father Heckled by Gun Rights Advocates".

Article:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/newtown-father-heckled-second-amendment-191804834.html

Unedited Video (15:00 - 16:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R_wKQaWUMGE#!

Edited Video (0:35 - 0:45)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GrgjaYQeiA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The audience members should have been much more polite, but this incident still highlights the easily-corrupted sensationalist media of today.
Pages:
Jump to: