Pages:
Author

Topic: Mt. Gox - are you doing "fractional reserve"? - page 2. (Read 4577 times)

vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
My desired selection isn't available on the list:  MtGox should have an audit done, and a third party with credentials on the line independently assert they have our money.  (I don't necessarily care how much it is, I just want to know that they have it, or if they don't, how much is the shortfall in dollars and/or percent).
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
I assume they store 100% of funds and do exactly nothing with them, otherwise I would be outraged.

If they do lend them out, they should be giving interest like banks do, but I doubt they do.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross
Consider this post an appeal to Mt. Gox to reveal whether they are fractional reserve or not.

Given the current lending rates, it is likely that everyone holding a significant amount of BTC is lending some of it out. What are Mt. Gox (and other entities, but let's start with the biggest) doing with clients' money? (USD + BTC)

Do Mt. Gox invest a certain fraction of customer funds? What fraction? On what investments?

If you agree that at least the fraction of the invested vs liquid funds should be exposed, show your support by voting.

(If Mt. Gox ever commented about this issue, feel free to redirect this post to that comment)
Pages:
Jump to: