Pages:
Author

Topic: Mt. Gox needs to give more time between reopening and starting trading. - page 2. (Read 2973 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 11
I agree. I was among the first to go through the claim process, and I still have no idea what the status of my account or claim is right now.

Somewhat frustrating...

+1
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Mt Gox is doomed. Everyone will bail and the market will crash. Of course they can always "roll it back" again :-)
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I don't care when they allow trading.  I just want access to my account to get my BTC out.  I want that ASAP!
Activity: 56
Absolutely, positively agree. This has the potential to be a real disaster.

Hey, MtGox guys, you absolutely cannot afford to get this wrong. I can't speak for anyone else, but I would MUCH rather prefer to wait for a positive outcome than you rush into something that has trouble written all over it.

Please reconsider your timeline.

A month from now, no one will care about an extra few days, or a week even, IF YOU GET IT RIGHT . . . but if you rush into this and there are problems, kiss your exchange good-bye. Seriously.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I agree. I was among the first to go through the claim process, and I still have no idea what the status of my account or claim is right now.

Somewhat frustrating...
Activity: 56
I thought they said it would 24 hours between opening their site back up and allowing trades?  Now it is one hour.

They need to allow more time so that people that didn't get their accounts activated through some glitch in their system can resolve that before market opening.  As of right now, no one that went through the claims process has any indication that the process was successful.  They won't know until 3:00 GMT on Friday with the email sent out.  So if they don't get the activation email, that gives them one hour to get it fixed before market opening.  Given Mt. Gox's response time, it essentially means it ain't gonna happen.

Some speculators believe that the price will drop quite a bit for a while, and if their accounts aren't available during that time, they could miss on a buying opportunity.
Pages:
Jump to: