Pages:
Author

Topic: MTGOX really is affecting me being able to feed my family - page 3. (Read 4449 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
+1 I guess people will only realize this once they actually get in trouble.

Remember: Stupid people learn from their mistakes. Smart people learn from other people's mistakes.

Oh and regardless of whether Mt.Gox is trustworthy or not (I think they are), you should simply NOT put large amounts of money (either in USD or BTC) on a website. This is probably not related to TS's problem but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Put money in, buy bitcoins, transfer bitcoins to your wallet. Now it's safe.

You are right that smart people learn from others mistakes, but stupid people do NOT learn from their own mistakes and keep repeating them.  Making a mistake once then actually learning from it is not so bad...  Smiley

TL;DR, as always, NEVER INVEST MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Why do I have to keep repeating that every so often.

I also agree with what you are saying, but now as the bitcoin economy advances not all gox users are 'investors'.  While I use gox a whole lot less now (not at all since the Dwolla TOS change), people are even having problems simply depositing BTC, selling right away, then moving to Dwolla then back to their bank account. 

There are now plenty of users who sell items for BTC and need to change some of them back to USD for more goods (leaving the profit in BTC like me).  And they need a site like gox to be reliable and fast for business to work.  For me gox used to be fast, but the last cycle the BTC > GOXUSD > Dwolla > Bank account process took two weeks.  While I do not rely on this income to feed my family I can certainly see it being a problem.  I do not leave a balance with gox. 

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
I'm sorry if I'm repeating. I trust MTGOX as I have done plenty of business with them before. I just made a bad decision and I guess need to own up too it for taking so long.

FYI, Mt. Gox has offered to cancel Dwolla withdrawal requests if it hasn't gone through.

The places where Dwolla cash out / withdrawals are possible:

Mt. Gox
Intersango
Camp BX
#Bitcoin-OTC marketplace - http://bitcoin-otc.com/vieworderbook.php
and now
Tangible Cryptography - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fastcash4bitcoins-update-fastcash4bitcoinscom-is-now-live-85395

of those, only Mt. Gox has the problem with 6+ day delays.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Tangible Cryptography LLC
Hey thanks for the offer! That would be awesome! I would give you up to 5% if you would trade for $200 worth of MTGOXUSD. Thank you soooooo much for the offer!

5%?  that's highway robbery.  2% for Dwolla, 3% for Paypal.  Just PM me.  You can have your funds within minutes.

More info here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fastcash4bitcoins-update-fastcash4bitcoinscom-is-now-live-85395
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Dirty Diego I would hate for your family to not be able to eat.

I am willing to trade up to $200 Dwolla and/or $700 Paypal for MtGoxUSD or BTC so you can get funds quickly.

2% fee on Dwolla: (To Me: $102 MtGox , To You: $100 Dwolla)
3% fee on Paypal: (To Me: $103 MtGox , To You: $100 Paypal)

Tangible Cryptography "because you can't eat a Bitcoin"

Hey thanks for the offer! That would be awesome! I would give you up to 5% if you would trade for $200 worth of MTGOXUSD. Thank you soooooo much for the offer!
Their withdraw problems from wire transfers to Dwolla delays is just too much now. Why is it that I have to complain here bout them for them to do anything about my delays? As soon as I do it's like they do me a small favor and clear a little of the lot of money I have withdrawn but still has not shown up in my accounts. I'm fully verified with them and was thinking about becoming a trusted member but it just seems like it's not worth it. I used to have a great relationship with them as they used to be the best at Customer support and quickness of withdrawing but it's gone down hill the last two months and now I find myself with investments in BTC with MTGOX that I'm not getting my paid and not being able to support my family because of the amount of money they have held up of mine. Something needs to be done about this. Please magicaltux or anyone from MTGOX tell us the truth of what's going on.

Hi Dirtydiego.

I am sorry to hear about your problem, do you have any open tickets?

Yes I do but I haven't heard back from you guys yet. My MTGOX name is the same as this one. Thank you for posting and trying to help  Smiley
I'm sorry if I'm repeating. I trust MTGOX as I have done plenty of business with them before. I just made a bad decision and I guess need to own up too it for taking so long.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

+1 I guess people will only realize this once they actually get in trouble.

Remember: Stupid people learn from their mistakes. Smart people learn from other people's mistakes.

Oh and regardless of whether Mt.Gox is trustworthy or not (I think they are), you should simply NOT put large amounts of money (either in USD or BTC) on a website. This is probably not related to TS's problem but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Put money in, buy bitcoins, transfer bitcoins to your wallet. Now it's safe.

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

I partly agree with you but if he is running a business that is solely turning profit for him via bitcoins being exchanged back to his local currency then surely you cant judge the man for having to use an exchange. Also perhaps he tried other exchanges but they were even worse with withdrawals and so he remained at mtgox.

Whatever the problem may be there is good chance he lives month to month from his bitcoins related business or mining thus having to exchange it and withdraw in a timely manner doesnt seem unrealistic to me, even if it is his living funds.

Activity: 476
Tangible Cryptography LLC
Dirty Diego I would hate for your family to not be able to eat.

I am willing to trade up to $200 Dwolla and/or $700 Paypal for MtGoxUSD or BTC so you can get funds quickly.

2% fee on Dwolla: (To Me: $102 MtGox , To You: $100 Dwolla)
3% fee on Paypal: (To Me: $103 MtGox , To You: $100 Paypal)

Tangible Cryptography "because you can't eat a Bitcoin"
Activity: 574

+1, seriously.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh

vip
Activity: 308
Their withdraw problems from wire transfers to Dwolla delays is just too much now. Why is it that I have to complain here bout them for them to do anything about my delays? As soon as I do it's like they do me a small favor and clear a little of the lot of money I have withdrawn but still has not shown up in my accounts. I'm fully verified with them and was thinking about becoming a trusted member but it just seems like it's not worth it. I used to have a great relationship with them as they used to be the best at Customer support and quickness of withdrawing but it's gone down hill the last two months and now I find myself with investments in BTC with MTGOX that I'm not getting my paid and not being able to support my family because of the amount of money they have held up of mine. Something needs to be done about this. Please magicaltux or anyone from MTGOX tell us the truth of what's going on.

Hi Dirtydiego.

I am sorry to hear about your problem, do you have any open tickets?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Why on earth would anyone put money needed for living expenses in an exchange?  They can be hacked, their bank and other accounts can be frozen without notice, their databases can be lost, the owners night run off with everyone's money.  It's been said many times before -don't invest money you can't afford to lose or to which you need immediate access in the exchanges.
Pages:
Jump to: