Pages:
Author

Topic: Mt.Gox scares people into selling - page 2. (Read 3490 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2011, 04:05:22 AM
you're looking too much into it and missing decimal point
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
July 17, 2011, 03:24:16 AM
Sounds like a case of Arithmophobia
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 17, 2011, 03:22:01 AM
Read the sig
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
July 17, 2011, 03:20:30 AM
The way that Mt. Gox is set up makes people buy and sell faster. If you keep a constant eye on it, wanting to see when you should sell or buy, you will.

They have made it so that they get much more traffic than needed. They have digits down to the fifth decimal point. When prices change, it looks like a big change (like 13.52470 to 13.34410). I'm not talking about the big transactions, but most of the ones I see are less than a dozen. And when you are trading a small amount of coins, it's hardly any difference in price. But the numbers look bigger because of so many decimal places and people panic or get really excited and buy or sell right away.

Is this true? I know that's what happens in my mind as I watch Mt.Gox Live

Dude, you need to take a chill pill.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
July 17, 2011, 03:19:56 AM
It's not their fault and there's nothing wrong with it, but I just think that has an affect on things. It looks like a big change when really, it's very small.

And yes, it's good to set a price and forget it, but I read posts from many people on this forum about how they are always watching prices and panicing
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin
July 17, 2011, 03:18:37 AM
The way that Mt. Gox is set up makes people buy and sell faster. If you keep a constant eye on it, wanting to see when you should sell or buy, you will.

They have made it so that they get much more traffic than needed. They have digits down to the fifth decimal point. When prices change, it looks like a big change (like 13.52470 to 13.34410). I'm not talking about the big transactions, but most of the ones I see are less than a dozen. And when you are trading a small amount of coins, it's hardly any difference in price. But the numbers look bigger because of so many decimal places and people panic or get really excited and buy or sell right away.

I set my bitcoins to sell at the price I choose, set and forget.
I don't think it scares people, because anyone like me who doesn't want the stress of slaving over market charts 24/7 will just set the price they want and walk away.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 17, 2011, 03:13:43 AM

You honestly think this scares people? It isn't even mtgox's fault in the first place that they have 8 decimals, what are they gonna do, cut them out? That is senseless.

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
July 17, 2011, 03:12:14 AM

Pages:
Jump to: