Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox steals 3.46700611 BTC! - page 2. (Read 4504 times)

donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
June 08, 2013, 06:23:23 AM
Warning.

Given the opportunity, MtGox will steal your bitcoins.  Be careful when making a deposit to MtGox if you are going to do business with these thieves.

See thread here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/problem-with-a-transaction-at-mt-gox-213052

A user sent bitcoins to MtGox, but sent it to an address where MtGox had been previously been storing bitcoins that were sent to the user when they made an earlier withdrawl.

After multiple attempts to get these bitcoins that the user sent to MtGox credited to the proper account, MtGox has offered no useful assistance whatsoever.  Instead, MtGox continues to keep these bitcoins for themselves. Knowing who the bitcoins belong to, and keeping them for oneself would be a pretty good description of theft.

I apologize for the alarmist nature of this post, but clearly communicating with MtGox support is futile.  My hope is that this alarmist post will get the attention of someone who has direct access to a reasonably intelligent MtGox employee.  I'm open to other suggestions on how to communicate with MtGox.  If this post manages to provide access to a useful contact at MtGox I will remove the post.  If not I will bump it regularly until someone from MtGox can offer some assistance.
My experience is that MtGox support don't really understand how bitcoin (or much else for that matter) works, and are pretty dense to boot.

You just talk round in circles, and it feels just like someone is deliberately trying to misunderstand what you tell them.

Meanwhile Karpeles just laughs all the way to the bank.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
June 07, 2013, 12:01:16 PM
Warning.

Given the opportunity, MtGox will steal your bitcoins.  Be careful when making a deposit to MtGox if you are going to do business with these thieves.

See thread here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/problem-with-a-transaction-at-mt-gox-213052

A user sent bitcoins to MtGox, but sent it to an address where MtGox had been previously been storing bitcoins that were sent to the user when they made an earlier withdrawl.

After multiple attempts to get these bitcoins that the user sent to MtGox credited to the proper account, MtGox has offered no useful assistance whatsoever.  Instead, MtGox continues to keep these bitcoins for themselves. Knowing who the bitcoins belong to, and keeping them for oneself would be a pretty good description of theft.

I apologize for the alarmist nature of this post, but clearly communicating with MtGox support is futile.  My hope is that this alarmist post will get the attention of someone who has direct access to a reasonably intelligent MtGox employee.  I'm open to other suggestions on how to communicate with MtGox.  If this post manages to provide access to a useful contact at MtGox I will remove the post.  If not I will bump it regularly until someone from MtGox can offer some assistance.
Pages:
Jump to: