Pages:
Author

Topic: MTGOX took $1000USD out of my account, said 'accidently sent a withdrawal 2x' - page 2. (Read 2907 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I would gather up all your evidence of transfers in and out of your MtGox account, and take it to them.
Yes, I would get everything from the Mt.Gox end, and the Dwolla end.

MagicalTux here is on their team.

(sigh. considering they've still not found my last withdrawal, I'm pretty much done there. This is getting to be toooooo frequent for them to not know where the money went)
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
I.. don't think.. I like the way that sounds....
Wow that really sounds like some bull.

Sounds like they accidently debited the wrong account and are trying to save there butt.

What i am trying to figure out is, MTGox is a bitcoin exchange basically, The type of funding used to buy and sell coin is kinda second.

Another-wards why would they be debiting accounts USD anyway? They deal in BTC not USD or Pounds or w/e. Why would they be dealing with peoples money.

maybe i am just confused.

Hope you figure it out man. thats really crappy!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I got this from MtGox Support on March 19th:
Adam, Mar 19 15:12 (JST):
It appears that we have sent you a double withdrawal of USD $1,000.00 on [removed].

Please kindly send this amount back to your Mt.Gox account so that your balance on the Mt.Gox account can be adjusted accordingly. The end of March is the end of the financial year here in Japan and therefore, we need to get our balances correct for auditing. Thank you once again and our apologies for the urgency.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

The removed is a hex string xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx - what does this refer to? can I use this to track what they are talking about??

My MtGox account has $-9xx.00 now after their bullshit (I had like $25 in the account before).

After providing them multiple screenshots of my Dwolla Account showing that all of the deposits matched and there were no duplicates, it has been more than a week and still nothing. I got a response today saying they are still "finding out a couple information on our end."

I have a couple hundred BTC in the account, and tried to transfer them out so they couldn't sell them to zero out the balance, but BTC withdrawals are blocked when an account has a negative balance. So they are holding my couple hundred BTC hostage until they correct this.

They try this on anyone else? What should I do? Can Dwolla help with this?
Pages:
Jump to: