Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox website down. Watch them disappear! - page 2. (Read 6165 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 20, 2014, 04:16:07 AM
What happened to the announcement they were gonna make?

6p.m. Tokyo time
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 20, 2014, 04:15:24 AM
What happened to the announcement they were gonna make?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
February 20, 2014, 04:14:46 AM
Bitcoin wouldn't have reached $1000 as early as it did without Gox. Show some respect.

Blue ball on head. CHECK!
Big gut. CHECK!
Going up in flames. CHECK!
Kept the flames small to show respect. DOUBLE CHECK[MATE]!!!

legendary
February 20, 2014, 04:10:37 AM
I don't know why you all want Gox to die...we should be rooting for them to fix things.   A lot of people have a lot of money tied up on that website.   Obviously, the people just rooting for it to just implode, don't have any skin in the game over there.   

The best case scenario would be for another company to come in and buy out Gox, fix the problems, and slowly be able to pay everyone back the money that they are owed...

Ergo,...
legendary
legendary
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
February 20, 2014, 03:59:41 AM
Not sure I understand this fully.

Is it impossible to withdraw Bitcoins from MtGox to another exchange?

It seems weird that the price is dumping.

The basic gist is that most investors believe Gox is going to go bankrupt and it's better to have a claim against them in fiat than in btc -- so people are dumping all they can, and at this point, at whatever price they can get.

bankruptcy doesn't mean there are actual funds there to "distribute" out. so whoever actually thinks that is just extermely confused about what bankruptcy is

Totally right, but the general legal advice getting handed out is that if things go to court, it's probably going to be easier to get your pennies back than your bitcoins.

advice: "take a guranteed big loss on your position" so if mtgox goes bankrupt you have a 1% chance at recovering 1% of your funds. worst fucking advice. then again that's how lawyers make their money.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
February 20, 2014, 03:56:43 AM

The basic gist is that most investors believe Gox is going to go bankrupt and it's better to have a claim against them in fiat than in btc -- so people are dumping all they can, and at this point, at whatever price they can get.

bankruptcy doesn't mean there are actual funds there to "distribute" out. so whoever actually thinks that is just extermely confused about what bankruptcy is

Totally right, but the general legal advice getting handed out is that if things go to court, it's probably going to be easier to get your pennies back than your bitcoins.
Activity: 742
February 20, 2014, 03:55:59 AM
I'm hypnotized by the drama of the falling charts... 135 now...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
February 20, 2014, 03:42:21 AM

And that's correct -- can't withdraw in either fiat or BTC, thus further driving the panic.

Yes, that is the latest speculation in regards to holding either fiat or btc from there...  i cannot believe that it is under $150 now, and still dropping
Activity: 742
February 20, 2014, 03:42:04 AM
It is the end of gox. I think it is good for bitcoin.

But so sad a lot of people lost their btc/dollars Sad
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
February 20, 2014, 03:39:24 AM
receivers ala fire sale?
looking forward til their done so we can get on with bitcoin supremacy.
Activity: 28
February 20, 2014, 03:39:08 AM

I see...

But the reasoning behind this must be that there actually exists fiat at MtGox, either already in ppl accounts or somehow deposited.

They are as many buyers as sellers, so it seems a bit strange that one part wants to have fiat, while another want Bitcoins, if investors are going to claim against them?
February 20, 2014, 03:36:18 AM

February 20, 2014, 03:34:50 AM
"day traders" think they will get cash out before bitcoins  Shocked Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

fiat does not flow out of gox, and if there ever is a bankruptcy you'll get pennies on the dollar of whatever cash you do hold there.

so.........
February 20, 2014, 03:33:30 AM

And that's correct -- can't withdraw in either fiat or BTC, thus further driving the panic.
Activity: 28
February 20, 2014, 03:31:18 AM

February 20, 2014, 03:28:21 AM
ill buy goxbux with a 4:1 ratio Smiley

There are going to be some very happy campers if somehow withdrawals are restored and they just loaded up on coins for like $100

It's almost to the point of 'why not' just drop a Benjamin and see what happens.
legendary
February 20, 2014, 03:21:30 AM
ill buy goxbux with a 4:1 ratio Smiley

There are going to be some very happy campers if somehow withdrawals are restored and they just loaded up on coins for like $100
legendary
February 20, 2014, 03:20:23 AM
WTF?!!! there are 85,000 buy orders for under $1...can you believe that???
Pages:
Jump to: