Pages:
Author

Topic: Multi-coin wallets? - page 2. (Read 215 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
May 11, 2021, 04:30:38 AM
Go the safer route and purchase a Ledger[1] or Trezor[2] hardware wallet.
Hardware wallets aren't exactly suitable to receive multiple small transactions like mining rewards. Ledger discussed this a while back in their blog. It can lead to all kinds of problems with synchronization and negative affects while sending money from your Ledger Live addresses and LL. Some of these issues could probably be solved by using Electrum.

It might be better if OP used a multi-coin wallet like Coinomi or Trust Wallet, and consolidate all his inputs into one. That could then be sent to an address generated by his hardware wallet.   
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
May 11, 2021, 03:25:51 AM
do I need to create addresses separately for each of these, or will these apps do it for me?
You have gotten a lot of good advise already, but on this part, do not store funds in a wallet or software which generates your keys (addresses) for you. Always use open source services and be in control of your seed phrase or private keys, as without these, you do not truly hold the funds in the wallet.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
May 11, 2021, 03:20:59 AM
I'm in love with metamask application right now and also trust wallet, the fact is you can create any wallet on metamask and own the private keys separately for each coins, like separate Private key for ETH, separate Private key for BTC, same thing can be found in trust wallet too, unlike coinomi wallet you will have to use iancoleman to get your private keys
Activity: 1120
Merit: 272
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
May 11, 2021, 02:45:57 AM
It is safe to have hardware wallets so that you have different places to store your coins, so if ever you lose one, you can still have access to your other coins.

Ledge Nano, Trezor, and other hardware wallets are essential when you are a bitcoin holder or crypto investor.

Storing it in the internet is never save so it is much better to have multi-coin wallets that will help you to secure coins safely.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 727
May 11, 2021, 02:43:50 AM
https://www.coinspot.com.au/multicoinwallets
https://www.exodus.com/. It is a closed source wallet.
https://metamask.io/. You can use this wallet, Metamask extension and Binance Smart Chain to swap your fund from one coin to another coin or token with cheap swap and transaction fees.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
May 11, 2021, 02:29:17 AM
You can buy hardware wallet which is my first recommendation and we have good multi wallet apps too that are available on Android smartphone

Trust wallet
Atomic wallet
Coinomi wallet

Creating a wallet on these apps will give you a recovery seed for all coins addresses like BTC, ETH, LTC, DOGE, SIA and many others
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
May 10, 2021, 11:44:27 PM
I'm buying a bunch of miners this week for ETC, BTC, SIA and in the near future DOGE/LTC and KDA.
I would be more worried about this part, when you say "miners" do you actually mean buying the real equipment (ASIC, GPUs, mining rigs,...) delivered to you where you install at home and then run to mine these coins or do you mean some website you have signed up with (aka a cloud mining) where you pay them some money and they promise you they have actual hashrate and are mining these coins?
Since you are mentioning a bunch of different altcoins with different algorithms and bitcoin it seems like it is the later in which case you may be getting scammed since cloud mining services are Ponzi schemes.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
May 10, 2021, 10:06:51 PM
I looked up HyperPay, which seemed good, but then there were a ton of bad reviews for it.
Its really a ad wallet, upon reading their recent reviews and people are complaining their cryptos while using their wallet and I can't able to find whether its open or closed source wallet so don't take such risks.

As mentioned above just go for the safest options while are hardware wallets.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
May 10, 2021, 08:53:55 PM
Go the safer route and purchase a Ledger[1] or Trezor[2] hardware wallet. Not sure if it supports like every single coin you've mentioned, but it's highly likely.

Can anyone recommend the best one for this? Also, do I need to create addresses separately for each of these, or will these apps do it for me?
Each of the coins you've mentioned are in different chains so yea each address should be different. (not to confuse public addresses from 12-24 word backups)

[1] https://ledger.com/
[2] https://trezor.io/
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
May 10, 2021, 08:50:11 PM
I'm buying a bunch of miners this week for ETC, BTC, SIA and in the near future DOGE/LTC and KDA.

I want to have 1 wallet that can hold them all, versus a brokerage. Can anyone recommend the best one for this? Also, do I need to create addresses separately for each of these, or will these apps do it for me?

I looked up HyperPay, which seemed good, but then there were a ton of bad reviews for it.

I was considering the wallets in Crypto.com and BitMart, but I think it's not suitable for mining where a little bit hit the account each day or throughout the day.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: