Pages:
Author

Topic: multi-currency wallet - page 2. (Read 245 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 0
May 21, 2018, 09:34:20 AM
Best combination is to use Blockchain for Bitcoin and Myetherwallet for ERC20 coins. These two will carry almost every coin in your portfolio if they are based on Ethereum. (I am not considering tokens based on NEM or Steller etc)

I dont think there is any wallet supporting each and every coin existing in crypto world. You have to use mutiple wallets for better security.

And what about EOS, DASH, STEEM, WAVES - Which wallets can hold them?
May 21, 2018, 09:30:46 AM
I can’t recommend using multi-currency wallets.
As a rule, they do not support tokens and you have not the opportunity to know your private key.  So your crypto is not owned by you, but owned by third parties.

Why no one has yet done decentralized multi-currency wallet. Could it decide this problem?
Activity: 216
Merit: 3
FORK FROM ENTHUSIASTS, FOR THE COMMUNITY
May 21, 2018, 08:32:24 AM
I can’t recommend using multi-currency wallets.
As a rule, they do not support tokens and you have not the opportunity to know your private key.  So your crypto is not owned by you, but owned by third parties.
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
May 21, 2018, 08:07:49 AM
www.myetherwallet.com 
Myetherwallet is the most popular web purse for the etherium. He must get access to your ETH addresses and ether-based tokens. At the moment it is a recognized standard for convenience, security, the size of the list of supported currencies and tokens.
Activity: 364
Merit: 117
May 21, 2018, 07:51:01 AM
Best combination is to use Blockchain for Bitcoin and Myetherwallet for ERC20 coins. These two will carry almost every coin in your portfolio if they are based on Ethereum. (I am not considering tokens based on NEM or Steller etc)

I dont think there is any wallet supporting each and every coin existing in crypto world. You have to use mutiple wallets for better security.
Activity: 27
May 21, 2018, 06:55:52 AM
Why not try the most popular wallets like MetaMask or MyEtherWallet. They support almost every other coin that comes out as ERC20 token. You should be fine with these two wallets as they does not carry your Private keys at all. You can either download the keystone file to open up your wallet or you can just have the private key to access it.

These wallet do not hold private keys so the developers can not access your funds. Put as much as you want and any supported coin that you want. All under single roof.

but i guess he's not talking about erc20 token,  given the wallets that he mentioned clearly he's not on erc20 tokens.
May 21, 2018, 06:54:37 AM
Why not try the most popular wallets like MetaMask or MyEtherWallet. They support almost every other coin that comes out as ERC20 token. You should be fine with these two wallets as they does not carry your Private keys at all. You can either download the keystone file to open up your wallet or you can just have the private key to access it.

These wallet do not hold private keys so the developers can not access your funds. Put as much as you want and any supported coin that you want. All under single roof.

Thanks, MetaMask did not test. I'll study.
May 21, 2018, 06:51:09 AM
Hi! Have you tried Coinomi? It supports over 200 different tokens and coins.

coinomi have only mobile version Sad
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
May 21, 2018, 06:50:45 AM

Activity: 27
May 21, 2018, 06:49:49 AM
im using coinomi too, smooth transactions and supports all of my hodl tokens.
Activity: 98
May 21, 2018, 06:47:22 AM
Hi! Have you tried Coinomi? It supports over 200 different tokens and coins.
May 21, 2018, 06:41:36 AM
Hello, I'm looking for a trustworthy multi-currency wallet. Can you suggest me any? I've tried Exodus, Jaxx, HolyTransaction, Blockchain info. But none of them were able to hold my selection of coins. So by now my only option is to keep some funds on my crypto-exchange accounts.  Sad

Do you know of a wallet that is compatible with a maximum quantity of various coins?

And one more question, if you don't mind. As for as I understand, all these wallets are centralized, wich means that the developers can get access to my funds, cannot they? If so, do you know of a decentralized multi-currency wallet?

Thanks in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: