Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 113. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I just wanted to point out to you folks who are mining with the AMD R9 devices, version 3.10 of bfgminer (available soon) will have a proper fix for BSODs when GPU mining:

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/b888ed984511d867e04b63f92b75c39c9ba285d7

And that, folks, is why you use a modern miner that has official GPU supportGrin

Everyone say "thank you Luke!"  Wink

Luke has no interest in GPUs/Scrypt, so I think you might have played a part in that! Regardless, thank you both!
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I just wanted to point out to you folks who are mining with the AMD R9 devices, version 3.10 of bfgminer (available soon) will have a proper fix for BSODs when GPU mining:

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/b888ed984511d867e04b63f92b75c39c9ba285d7

And that, folks, is why you use a modern miner that has official GPU supportGrin

Everyone say "thank you Luke!"  Wink
Hi folks. Just a heads-up that I am launching separate forums for MultiMiner and MobileMiner users. This will remain a primary resource for now, but with the rise in new users and the inability for them to post in this thread, I had to come up with a better solution for support.

You can access the forums via either of the following URLs:

http://talk.multiminerapp.com/
http://talk.mobileminerapp.com/

Let me know if you run into any issues. If things look good I'll start updating documentation etc.

As always thanks for your feedback!
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Multiminer is not working automaticly when i login windows 8.1 (I set that desktop comes directly when i turn on pc)

How to fix it ?

Works great for me - how far do you get when Windows 8.1 starts? Does the desktop appear? Does MultiMiner open but not start mining? Or something else?

Desktop opens directly. I see desktop when it open but multiminer doesnt working doesnt open multiminer software Sad

And have you enabled the "Launch when you login to Windows" and "Automatically start mining" options in MultiMiner's settings?
Why does my rig crash (hard - very hard - like I have to run Windows repair to get it back!) when I use per-GPU arguments like this?

Code:
-I 20 -g 1 --expiry 20 --scan-time 20 --thread-concurrency 21712 --gpu-engine 1100,1100,1145,1145 --gpu-memclock 1250,1250,1750,1750 --gpu-vddc 1.106,1.106,1.113,1.113

I have two pairs of 7950s in my rig - 2x Twin Frozer in the first two slots and 2x VaporX in slots three and four. When I run the same settings across all the GPUs with over clocking and undervolting set in MSI Afterburner, like the following, everything works OK, but the VaporX GPUs hash slower than they should:

Code:
-I 20 -g 1 --expiry 20 --scan-time 20 --thread-concurrency 21712

I disconnected the Twin Frozers and tuned until I came up with the best clock speed and voltage for the VaporX'es, but I can't figure out how to have different GPUs run on different settings.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
On 2.3.3 ASIC's are throwing no errors and no rejects.  This is testing with 2 333 erupters which also run at 350 to 380 with no issues.
On 2.3.4 ASIC's are throwing errors at .5% and rejects at .3%.  It also takes down the 2 333 erupters to 333 to 335 with those errors.  
The Saphire R7 250 runs stable at 101 kh/s to 110 kh/s on both versions running scrypt.
On the main rig ASIC's across the board have this drop and error and rejects.
Reverting and staying on 2.3.3 is the only thing I can find that eliminates the problem.

Also with 2.3.4 even with Dynamic enabled the system barely responds when running scrypt.

Please compare the arguments shown on the Process Log screen with version 2.3.3 and 2.3.4. I can't think of any difference there would be. If there is no difference, anything you are seeing is unrelated to MultiMiner.

I will do so.
Thanks.  Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Feature Request: MM shouldn't suggest coins less that are less profitable than the coin configured in the "Don't mine coins less profitable than:" field.  It keeps recommending that I mine coins as bad as .4%.

Bug: I keep getting odd displays, such as this one, showing that I'm mining Tigercoins to the ghash.io pool (which only does bitcoins).  Based off the speed, it also looks like it's actually doing Tigercoins. 

Both of these are already on my to-do list, thanks.
Thanks.  Really appreciate the work you're doing.  Cheesy
On 2.3.3 ASIC's are throwing no errors and no rejects.  This is testing with 2 333 erupters which also run at 350 to 380 with no issues.
On 2.3.4 ASIC's are throwing errors at .5% and rejects at .3%.  It also takes down the 2 333 erupters to 333 to 335 with those errors.  
The Saphire R7 250 runs stable at 101 kh/s to 110 kh/s on both versions running scrypt.
Reverting and staying on 2.3.3 is the only thing I can find that eliminates the problem.

Also with 2.3.4 even with Dynamic enabled the system barely responds when running scrypt.

Please compare the arguments shown on the Process Log screen with version 2.3.3 and 2.3.4. I can't think of any difference there would be. If there is no difference, anything you are seeing is unrelated to MultiMiner.
Feature Request: MM shouldn't suggest coins less that are less profitable than the coin configured in the "Don't mine coins less profitable than:" field.  It keeps recommending that I mine coins as bad as .4%.

Bug: I keep getting odd displays, such as this one, showing that I'm mining Tigercoins to the ghash.io pool (which only does bitcoins).  Based off the speed, it also looks like it's actually doing Tigercoins. 

Both of these are already on my to-do list, thanks.
According to the manufacturer communicates this product only with the cgminer.

MultiMiner does not support cgminer so it does not support any hardware that is only supported by cgminer. I'm not familiar with Bitburner Fury but you may want to pop over to the bfgminer thread and see if there's a driver in the works. If someone wants to send me a sample device I'd be happy to look at writing a driver for it as well.

Edit: Talked to Luke, nobody has provided specs or a sample for Bitburner Fury.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Ok after a bit of research I have no idea the cause but here is the problem.

I'm still very new to this so I'm not sure if I am missing anything.

Activity: 210

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Hello.
I think my thread has gone down in the many threads.

again my problem and concern to you:

I use:
*) windows 7 (64 bit)
*) Multiminer 2.3.4
*) Bitburner Fury ver 1.1 (49 GH / s)

According to the manufacturer communicates this product only with the cgminer.

hence my question? bit there any possibility this Miner
(here's the link:https://www.asic-hardware.com/product/bitburner-fury-incl-chips/)
to run with multi-Miner to bring?

please ask for your help
thank you in advance and best regards
from the cold Austria
Activity: 136
Multiminer is not working automaticly when i login windows 8.1 (I set that desktop comes directly when i turn on pc)

How to fix it ?

Works great for me - how far do you get when Windows 8.1 starts? Does the desktop appear? Does MultiMiner open but not start mining? Or something else?

Desktop opens directly. I see desktop when it open but multiminer doesnt working doesnt open multiminer software Sad

How to fix it ?

From reading I thought I should be using the following BIOS, but with it my card isn't recognized by Windows and I have to reflash it:

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/131192/sapphire-hd7970-3072-120926-1.html
Reinstall driver (remove, clean, install again)

Did that. I do it after each flash. Windows fails to see it at all (not just as a VGA adapter). It also doesn't show any video whatsoever at POST.
Activity: 125

From reading I thought I should be using the following BIOS, but with it my card isn't recognized by Windows and I have to reflash it:

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/131192/sapphire-hd7970-3072-120926-1.html
Reinstall driver (remove, clean, install again)

How to fix it ?
I do not know what is the problem I got same errors and let me tell you how to fix it.

Uninstall multiminer and delete all files in your pc ( search "multiminer" keyword in your main hard disc and delete them all)
 After that reboot pc and setup 2.3.3 version. After setup right click multiminer. Property and choose administrator open and windows 7

I appreciate the input but none of that is necessary if you follow my steps from above (for this specific error):

You somehow have more than one coin configuration for the same coin symbol. Close out of MultiMiner and edit the CoinConfigurations.xml file found in %appdata%\MultiMiner and you should see more than one configuration with the same coin symbol (I am assuming DOG).

If you remove the offending coin configuration it should fix this issue. It's also not necessary to run the application as an administrator.
Jump to: