Pages:
Author

Topic: Multiple BitCoin clients on same public IP (same household) questions - page 2. (Read 19049 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
As per subject, I'm wondering if the generation of bitcoins would be affected if I had multiple computers, each running their own BC client, all in one household and therefore sharing the same public IP address?  Would the BitCoin 'system' treat these clients almost as if they were a single node, thus distributing new bitcoin generation amongst the various computers in my household, or will each one be treated quite the same in this regard, regardless of the fact that they are all displaying the same public IP to the rest of the worldwide nodes?

Edit: So to be more specific, what I'm wondering is - if hypothetically it takes me one week with one computer to generate 100 bitcoins, would having 10 computers in my household (sharing the same public IP) generate a combined total of roughly 10 x 100 = 1000 bitcoins, or would the result be 100 bitcoins divided roughly equally amongst the 10 computers?
Pages:
Jump to: