Pages:
Author

Topic: Multiple instance of bitcoin with the same wallet - page 2. (Read 15522 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 503
He wants multiply clones of wallet.dat and does not want any communications between the machines. So he could earn money on one machine and spend them on another, while these two machines have common wallet.dat and no direct line of communication. This is actually a quite nice model from security point of view.

In a way he wants faster than light speed data transfer. I want that too. I do not think this would work out of the box. Maybe if there is a large number of public/private pairs are created before cloning the wallet...

Ah, got it (I think. I pluralised "mining rig"...)

OK, I'm not sure I do get it. It still sounds to me like the solution would be to have a miner run on one machine, and bitcoind run on the workstation-from-which-payments-will-be-made. From a security perspective, the miner would be in the DMZ, and the wallet/workstation would be behind the firewall. What's the security benefit from having a common wallet?
Activity: 644
Merit: 503
Hi is it possible for multiple instance of bitcoin with the same wallet connected to the nextwork? The purpose is for the mining rig to run and once in a while spend the bitcoin on another workstation.
Why not have the wallet on one machine, using either "bitcoin -server" or "bitcoind", and use separate miners on the other machines (i.e. don't run bitcoin[d] at all on the other machines). Or have I misunderstood, and you need access to the wallet from multiple machines?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi is it possible for multiple instance of bitcoin with the same wallet connected to the nextwork? The purpose is for the mining rig to run and once in a while spend the bitcoin on another workstation.
Pages:
Jump to: