Pages:
Author

Topic: Multipool - the pool mining pool (with source code) - page 2. (Read 48246 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 14
Is the server down? I just tried using it as everywhere seems to be getting dos'd at the moment and had very little joy.

Should be up, and seems to be working better now than it was earlier / over night.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Is the server down? I just tried using it as everywhere seems to be getting dos'd at the moment and had very little joy.
Received payment too, for which I thank you, Nick.
Multiclone is a bit shaky today, miner idle frequently.

I'll restart the server.  I just hopped on the logs and noticed that there's only 3 active users. Figured something was flaky =/
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Received payment too, for which I thank you, Nick.
Multiclone is a bit shaky today, miner idle frequently.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Got a payment. 60% of my shares are pending. It's ok as long as I eventually get it.
Activity: 15
I just want to confirm that I got a payment of 1BTC from nick.

Do we at least know that some of the ones that aren't reporting did pay the pool address and just need to be split once you figure out how to allocate them?  bitcoins-lc  and btcmine...
I received a payment also. Half of the shares I put in there are still pending though Sad
gno
Activity: 28

Sorry, apologies, head on a plate, etc.etc.

Thank you so much for your help with this.  We need a repository to keep up with working stanzas now.  Smiley
gno
I just want to confirm that I got a payment of 1BTC from nick.

Do we at least know that some of the ones that aren't reporting did pay the pool address and just need to be split once you figure out how to allocate them?  bitcoins-lc  and btcmine...
mf
Activity: 24
Mea culpa. The culprit is the following:

Code:
        if (!($time=~/^\d+$/ and $rate=~/^\d+$/ and $shares=~/^\d+$/ and $rate>0 and $shares>0 and $time>0)){

Unfortunately it wants an _integer_, rather than a number with a dot, for the rate.

As such, the code should be (split it for readability):

Code:
$time=~s/^.*"duration":(\d+).*$/$1/;
$shares=~s/^.*"shares_this_round":(\d+).*/$1/;
$rate=~s/^.*"hashrate":(\d+).*/$1/;
$rate = int($rate/10**9);  # this was: $rate /= 10**9, which caused the floating point "error"

Sorry, apologies, head on a plate, etc.etc.
gno
my multipool tells me that minecoin is offline.

I am currently getting some disconnections from them, too; and several spurious rejections.
The way Multipool seems to deal with that is it pushes "down" the pool, until it considers it offline.
Could be either offline per se, or the script giving up.

I can't get the example for mineco.in to work either.  Running it through perl on the commandline puts out the expected results but within multicoin, I get:

Code:
bad parse on pool minecoin (rate=142.572632437 shares=83662 time=2877):
{"hashrate":142572632437,"users":603,"blocks_found":22,"shares_this_round":83662,"last_block":{"found":1309984570,"user":"Zadet","shares":88249,"duration":2877}}

I've copied and recopied the example, made sure there are no extra newlines.  Any ideas?

Does
Code:
bash-4.1$  bitcoind sendmany "main" '{"17x6iXEGfE94VnDwUMS1E5fii3FEqXLrEf":Decimal("0.323")}' "payout"
work?

I think I saw that somewhere, but I'm not sure if this could be the reason/fault.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work either Sad

I just applied a little regex magic to turn my sendmany command into 40-something individual sends.  Cost me more in transaction fees, but oh well.  I tried to turn down the transaction fee in my client ("bitcoind settxfee 0.00001", which returned 'true'), but it stayed at 0.0005 for all the sends. *shrug*

That means the first round of payments for multiclone is out!  Everyone with a balance over ~0.03 should have received their payout.  Sent out ~20BTC in total.

I'm hoping to have some time this coming weekend to write the needed code for the two pools that aren't scraping/converting right.
gno
Would it be possible to 7zip up the virtual machine and upload using a Torrent?
I am pretty sure people would send you a coin for the download, I would for sure...

If you already have a distro setup, you can create a new user and follow the instructions I gave above for installing JSON::RPC::API in a local lib, and simply install the other prerequisite modules via it: Finance::Bitcoin::API and Math::Integral::Romberg being the other two ones I think.

In order to do that, the linux distro -does- need to have a working compiler, though.

Creating a virtual machine for this multipool looks a bit overkill to me.. Smiley

Thanks for your suggestions-  I've almost got it working (pending database download I think).

The requirement to have a working compiler is pretty key.  Smiley
Activity: 126
Multiclone was down for a bit, back up now.

How's that mass payout thing going, Nick?
mf
Do we have an expectation that the bitcoins-lc shares in multiclone will turn into actual shares? 

It is my understanding that the code that deals with the shares for bitcoins-lc needs to be rewritten for those to be distributed, as it is not current / does not scrape things correctly.

The pool owner could always pull out a spreadsheet and calculate those manually, though.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
And I also think we need a real OpenSource implementation...

Multipool seems to not posting any more. Embarrassed

Anyone else up to re-code Multipool (I've started in Python but I'm not too experienced, so it's getting along far too slowly) in a really open manner to allow for a bit more collaboration/plugins?

post what you have on github as a fork, and let folks see if they can help. Only not me, because I'm a crappy coder and I forget to remark anything.
Activity: 129
@mf

Thanks for the tips. I will give it a try and show you that I did it correctly.
gno
Do we have an expectation that the bitcoins-lc shares in multiclone will turn into actual shares? 
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
And I also think we need a real OpenSource implementation...

Multipool seems to not posting any more. Embarrassed

Anyone else up to re-code Multipool (I've started in Python but I'm not too experienced, so it's getting along far too slowly) in a really open manner to allow for a bit more collaboration/plugins?
mf
Also, even though I removed the ser vers from the list, they still appear in the multipool terminal as trying to connect. How would I go about removing them so I can speed things up with servers that connect?

Multipool will only read the accounts and pools at startup, so you need to kill it and start it again, if you want it to pick up new pools or remove old pools.

I think I should put more time into my replacement.. assuming there's enough interest and people aren't just using this to solo mine different pools.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I'm thinking we need some thread cleanup. One thread for multipool, the software, another for the pool, and yet another for multiclone.
Pages:
Jump to: