Pages:
Author

Topic: Musk is doing the right thing. - page 2. (Read 292 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
August 10, 2018, 03:54:24 AM
If I remember correctly, Elon Musk said he was thinking about taking Tesla private. He claimed that he had already found someone who offered funding. Then the media overreacted to things a little, and the SEC launched an investigation. Things might have gotten crazy and blown out of proportion.

Then again, there are investors who are shorting TSLA who literally have bet billions of dollars that the value of TSLA will fall. Elon Musk's announcements of thinking about taking tesla private and claiming to have secured funding would be a nightmare to anyone shorting TSLA.

Elon Musk is like a comic book super hero or super villain with the way he comes out of left field with unpredictable crazy ideas no one else would attempt much less execute successfully, the way he does.

I don't know what Musk's motivation was but TSLA's stock price went up & that may be all that matters within the short term.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
August 10, 2018, 02:15:16 AM
What the hell does Musk have with futures trading,the tulip bubble and the samurai in Japan.
Futues trading didn't burst the tulip bubble.It bursted because the lack of new demand from greedy newbies.
Making his company private means that the Tesla stocks won't be traded on Wall Street.Futures contracts are traded mostly on CME and CBOE.
Anyway,I agree that bitcoin futures trading is bad for bitcoin.
Activity: 72
Merit: 1
August 10, 2018, 01:22:51 AM
Any way to buy Tesla stock with btc?  Before it goes private?

Not an option. However all automobile manufacturers should be bought with crypto except from Fiat.
Activity: 82
August 09, 2018, 11:24:02 PM
Any way to buy Tesla stock with btc?  Before it goes private?

Activity: 82
August 09, 2018, 12:48:14 PM
I agree entirely with Elon Musk taking Tesla private for the reason futures trading gets blocked.  I wish there was some way to ban bitcoin futures trading.

According the the wikipedia it seems clear that the tulip bubble was killed by the Dutch start of tulip futures trading.  Heck the tulip bubble might have been created for that purpose, busting it.

The wikipedia says that the Japanese then took the futures idea and used it to provide a guaranteed rice income to the Samurai.  The Samurai had an annual rice payment that sometime suffered from poor harvests and the elite Samurai were then protected. 

Futures trading seem to steadily pump wealth out of whatever it subjects.  If bitcoin futures trading guarantees a btc income then the pumping out of wealth since bitcoin futures start is explained while the rest of us see a guaranteed downward slope.  And the fantastic blurbs about how it can reach astounding heights are bogus to keep us from bailing and keep holdrs put.

What would the stock market be like without futures trading?  No betting against?  They'd have to struggle to find which will be the best above others.  Betting against what they can manipulate would not be an option.  When the whole stock market drops they'd see no profit in it.

I see the downward slope of bitcoin value is again steadily down as it mostly has been since 12/17/2017.  But there are up jumps!  Still, the wealth is getting pumped out or put back in at a lower rate for many more btc.  The transfer of wealth to the futures traders.

Pages:
Jump to: