Pages:
Author

Topic: MUST WATCH: Account Holder Flies To Japan And Confronts MtGox CEO - page 4. (Read 15364 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
The other possibility is that he is an almost perfect sociopath, unable to have an emotional grasp of what's happening around him.

He is not a sociopath. He is fatty - growing fat is a protective (psychologically / emotionally grounded) response to stress. A sociopath wouldn't care / wouldn't grow fat.

I do not think being a sociopath has anything to do with being fat.
Good to see the bitcoin community engaging in such intelligent debate.

Are psychos fat?

Are fat people psychos?

Only Satoshi knows the truth!
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Good guy, why aren't more Japaneese people protesting this? They must be as outraged as this guy? Fucking asshole CEO.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012
Would you really invite a guy with a camera that would later show that your business treats the customers in an unfair way (those loud ones with camera get money first)?

Like I said, I would hope I was competent enough to avoid getting into this situation to begin with.

I don't really feel any pity for Gox at this point. No matter what they do in that situation they lose, but they put themselves in that situation to begin with!
Good guy, why aren't more Japaneese people protesting this? They must be as outraged as this guy? Fucking asshole CEO.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
Uhh... that dude is a customer.

If I were the customer I would make my points differently, e.g.
- why you impose a limit of $5k per one international transfer thus creating lags in your bottle neck manual withdrawal?
- here is my login and ID, you owe me $... k - these are the facts you can easily verify - please make a transfer in my favour
- etc.

If I found myself in that position, I would invite the guy inside and manually process his withdraw.

I would do the same for a guy that I felt was really interested to solve a problem.

It was my impression that the guy on YT video was there for the lulz to say the least. Would you really invite a guy with a camera that would later show that your business treats the customers in an unfair way (those loud ones with camera get money first)?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Mark's response is all I needed to see to know MTGOX has lost bitcoins of customers and has refused to comment on it: (HURRIES AWAY TO GET INSIDE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE).

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
mtgox 1btc = $360
coinbase 1btc = $650

Spread is now ~45%. Those assholes at mtgox have a license to print money: buy their own cheap btc from panic sellers, don't allow anyone else to transfer out but themselves, sell on another exchange like coinbase for an instant 100% gain, rinse, and repeat. Maybe that's the plan all along, criminals...
If this is true. They deserve to get penalized for it.
wow. if true, they should be penalized!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012
- he was not handling a customer, but he handled a stalker / jocker - he did it nicely and politely.

Uhh... that dude is a customer. If I found myself in that position, I would invite the guy inside and manually process his withdraw. I would hope I was not incompetent enough to be in such a position to begin with!

Some businesses operate on the premise that without the customer there is no business.
This is true, but every level of gox has had issues in as long as I can remember. Withdrawals taking months, setting dates for implementing new features / trade engine and missing them over and over again. Generally unable to communicate with there customers. Money seized. Taking 3 times longer than every other exchange to fix the same issue. It seems there is problems at all parts of gox surely the CEO has to have some say in all these issues and he can't even handle one customer outside his office that wants to have a conversation about his money in a decent way instead just tries to ignore him.

I agree with you on lot of the above (withdrawals, shitty engine, poor communication, etc.) with two exceptions:

- money was not seized, but stolen (by mafia called US gov) - an individual (Mark) can do very little when attacked by bureaucrats; it is my understanding that he is repaying the damage out of his personal / business pocket to those who were affected
- he was not handling a customer, but he handled a stalker / jocker - he did it nicely and politely.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
mtgox 1btc = $360
coinbase 1btc = $650

Spread is now ~45%. Those assholes at mtgox have a license to print money: buy their own cheap btc from panic sellers, don't allow anyone else to transfer out but themselves, sell on another exchange like coinbase for an instant 100% gain, rinse, and repeat. Maybe that's the plan all along, criminals...
If this is true. They deserve to get penalized for it.
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
Why did the camera guy call it Mount Gox? Isn't it M.T.G.O.X.? lol
I call it Mount Gox. Never heard it said any other way.
I always liked "eM Tee Gox", it's got this "Empty Gox" catch to it Wink
Activity: 56
Whatever is wrong with him I think its pretty clear he shouldn't be a CEO.

Criricizing is cheap and easy.

This is true, but every level of gox has had issues in as long as I can remember. Withdrawals taking months, setting dates for implementing new features / trade engine and missing them over and over again. Generally unable to communicate with there customers. Money seized. Taking 3 times longer than every other exchange to fix the same issue. It seems there is problems at all parts of gox surely the CEO has to have some say in all these issues and he can't even handle one customer outside his office that wants to have a conversation about his money in a decent way instead just tries to ignore him.
The other possibility is that he is an almost perfect sociopath, unable to have an emotional grasp of what's happening around him.

He is not a sociopath. He is fatty - growing fat is a protective (psychologically / emotionally grounded) response to stress. A sociopath wouldn't care / wouldn't grow fat.

Neither do I. You missed the point.
Activity: 13

Criricizing is cheap and easy.

What about him not being a sociopath, but more like socially inept. Something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_personality_disorder

What about him not being a sociopath, but more like socially inept. Something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_personality_disorder

They have had enough practice over the last few months of pissing people off. You would of thought they would learn but they just keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Hopefully people will have learnt this time and will stop using gox because if people blindly carry on using them after everything then we can't really complain when shit hits the fan again.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
The real Karpeles has not been shown in ANY interview he has given or video clip. He always wears the same gesture of contented smug satis-fat-shion. What does that tell us?
Imho he is a sock puppet for somebody else that truly controls the strings...

In both instances, Karpeles remaining as CEO of Mt.Gox. is a guarantee at this stage that there is no beneficial outcome for the enterprise. He has isolated himself in order to protect himself instead of reaching out and searching allies.  Anybody else in that position would have recruited an able spokesperson to confront the situation. "Oh the hugemanatee!"
Pages:
Jump to: