Pages:
Author

Topic: My #1 GPU Mining Rig - Let Me Know What You Think! - page 2. (Read 650 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
My Rig is online.

Now i'm mining zCash

Here are my stats so far:

CUDA: Device: 0 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 11264 MB i:64
CUDA: Device: 1 GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, 8192 MB i:64
CUDA: Device: 2 GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB i:64
CUDA: Device: 3 GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, 8192 MB i:64

Temp: GPU0: 73C GPU1: 63C GPU2: 71C GPU3: 70C
GPU0: 737 Sol/s GPU1: 516 Sol/s GPU2: 310 Sol/s GPU3: 492 Sol/s
Total speed: 2055 Sol/s
+-----+-------------+--------------+
| GPU | Power usage |  Efficiency  |
|  0  |    251W     |  2.94 Sol/W  |
|  1  |    178W     |  2.90 Sol/W  |
|  2  |    122W     |  2.54 Sol/W  |
|  3  |    168W     |  2.93 Sol/W  |
I guess you bought good premium hardware and rentability of it will about 8-13 month

Thanks.

It's best to upgrade my rig with 1070 TI or 1080 Ti in the next 2-4 weeks or maybe go with more 1060?
Activity: 154
Merit: 85
I guess you bought good premium hardware and rentability of it will about 8-13 month
Hardware ordered!

Thanks for all the tips.

I switched PSU to EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2, 1200W, 80 PLUS Platinum (220-P2-1200-X2)

And GPUs:

MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OCV1 6GB GDDR5
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8GB GDDR5
Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini 11GB GDDR5X

My goal is to learn as much as i can. That's why I decided to get different GPUs to see how each one performs and what to expect.

I will use SMOS on a USB stick.

Will keep You posted as soon as I finish my build.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
EVGA G2 line is the Superflower "Leadex" platform, IIRC.
Not sure on FSP, haven't had any experience with them.
Corsair - depends on who MADE it, some are Seasonic made and I think they might have one line that is SuperFlower made, the rest tend to be lower quality to junk.

When it gets right down to it, there are perhaps 10 companies that actually manufacture standard ATX type power supplies - and most of the "well known brands" are NOT on that list.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner
Cooling on the Zotac Mini 1070 ti is ok, but not great - the 1080 ti version is going to be VERY VERY iffy on cooling.
It's also a question on if Zotac uses ball bearing fans (they don't say they DO, so probably they DON'T) = early fan death for anything else in a mining environment.

i5 for the CPU is overkill, but you did state "gaming rig" as a backup plan so it makes some sense in context.
Set it up to do Monero mining or some such will help some on the cost difference.

IMO go with at least a Gold rated power supply - and IMO one of the EVGA G2 or Seasonic X-series over anything Corsair (some Corsair models are good, many are JUNK, and I've given up trying to keep track of which are which).

If you're looking at 6 1080ti cards, you need AT LEAST a pair of 850 watt PS unless you are going to run them a much lower than stock TDP *AND* can set the power limit RELIABLY.
 Otherwise, use at least 1000 on 3 cards + rest of system and at least an 850 on the other 3 cards - and at full TDP for 1080 ti cards more like a 1100+ and a 950+ to handle the power peaks mining generates reliably.
 Dual 750s should be OK for a 6 x 1070 ti build as long as you're not pushing the TDP above stock, though an 850 + 750 would be better if you ARE going to run the cards at full TDP.

I dunno about the mini version but all zotac's with 2 or 3 fans use good and reliable ball-bearing fans at least im sure for the AMP/AMP extreme version (dual-ball bearing EKO fans on those)

I also agree with your choice of PSU's, seasonic and EVGA are very good brands, i would also add FSP and superflower in the mix, very good too. Corsair's are ok, but the quality is variable.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Cooling on the Zotac Mini 1070 ti is ok, but not great - the 1080 ti version is going to be VERY VERY iffy on cooling.
It's also a question on if Zotac uses ball bearing fans (they don't say they DO, so probably they DON'T) = early fan death for anything else in a mining environment.

i5 for the CPU is overkill, but you did state "gaming rig" as a backup plan so it makes some sense in context.
Set it up to do Monero mining or some such will help some on the cost difference.

IMO go with at least a Gold rated power supply - and IMO one of the EVGA G2 or Seasonic X-series over anything Corsair (some Corsair models are good, many are JUNK, and I've given up trying to keep track of which are which).

If you're looking at 6 1080ti cards, you need AT LEAST a pair of 850 watt PS unless you are going to run them a much lower than stock TDP *AND* can set the power limit RELIABLY.
 Otherwise, use at least 1000 on 3 cards + rest of system and at least an 850 on the other 3 cards - and at full TDP for 1080 ti cards more like a 1100+ and a 950+ to handle the power peaks mining generates reliably.
 Dual 750s should be OK for a 6 x 1070 ti build as long as you're not pushing the TDP above stock, though an 850 + 750 would be better if you ARE going to run the cards at full TDP.

Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
Your i5-CPU is very strong, I usually use just intel celeron g3930, 250Gb SSD is expensive as well, if you want to use it for installing wallet, it'fine, but if it's not the case, just use 64Gb or 120Gb. I dont know how many GPUs you want to build in this rig, normally I buy PSU based on the total GPUS' TDP, for example: 6*1070 has total 6*150W = 900W, I will buy PSU could handle 1200W (just guarantee PSU runs at below 80% loading).
Activity: 405
Merit: 136
I’ve been doing some research for the past 2 weeks and i decided to build my #1 test mining rig or a gaming PC if i fail at mining Smiley.

My plan is to build simple mining PC with NVidia GPUs to learn how to mine. If successful i’d like to scale and add 4 more GPUs to the current build and add more rigs in the future.
#1 priority is to have fun with small and easy build and learn as much as I can in terms of mining, optimisation and overall strategy (hodl or trade mined coins)

I based my research on best YT channels:

@VoskCoin https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT44w6854K62cSiwA1aiXfw and BBT https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsBeTrippin

Here is my rig hardware (keep in mind it’s gonna be a gaming PC if i fail at mining):

GPU
Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 Ti MINI 8GB GDDR5
GPU
Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 Ti MINI 11GB GDDR5X
MOBO
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P
RAM
Crucial 8GB 3000MHz Ballistix Tactical Gray CL15
PSU
Corsair CX750M 750W Bronze BOX
CPU
Intel i5-7400 3.00GHz 6MB BOX
Paste
SilentiumPC Pactum PT-1 4g
SSD
Samsung 250GB 2,5'' SATA SSD Seria 850 EVO
CASE
Aluminium 2xPSU 6xGPU

Please let me know what You think.

Also you can use your CPU for CPU-only coins. That is good enough for lyra2z330 coins of scrypt^2 (like Verium). i5 7400 is quite power efficient CPU so you don't need to pay much more for the electricity. And of course as many already said here should upgrade the PSU
Activity: 392
Merit: 137
The power supply is really weak. He will not have so many lines to connect the GPU. You will need to connect a separate power supply. For guaranteed work 6 GPU I use a power supply 2225 watts. My first rig was working 2 GPU. This was the limit for my power supply is 750 watts. To the rest of the equipment I pritenzy not.
I see. Will look for 1000+. Thanks!
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
I’ve been doing some research for the past 2 weeks and i decided to build my #1 test mining rig or a gaming PC if i fail at mining Smiley.

My plan is to build simple mining PC with NVidia GPUs to learn how to mine. If successful i’d like to scale and add 4 more GPUs to the current build and add more rigs in the future.
#1 priority is to have fun with small and easy build and learn as much as I can in terms of mining, optimisation and overall strategy (hodl or trade mined coins)

@VoskCoin https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT44w6854K62cSiwA1aiXfw and BBT https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsBeTrippin

Here is my rig hardware (keep in mind it’s gonna be a gaming PC if i fail at mining):

GPU
GPU
MOBO
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P
RAM
PSU
CPU
Paste
SilentiumPC Pactum PT-1 4g
SSD
Samsung 250GB 2,5'' SATA SSD Seria 850 EVO
CASE
Aluminium 2xPSU 6xGPU

Please let me know what You think.

Go for at least 1000w PSU and gold rated, just in case you wanna expand your rig.

GPU
GPU
MOBO
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P
RAM
PSU
CPU