Pages:
Author

Topic: my 2011 bitcointalk Hero account hacked - page 3. (Read 1260 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 12:55:27 AM
28 February 2018 still no news from admin Sad
January 10, 2018, 10:34:31 AM
Jan 2018 , still no reply from bitcointalk admin

losing hope Sad
When did the last time you PM'ed either Theymos or Cyrus?
Try to PM them again, your PM might get skipped by them accidentaly
I recovered my account within 5 months, you might recover your account at around my time or longer if you're not lucky enough.

27 December 2017, PM'ed both of them, no reply Sad
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
January 02, 2018, 07:51:27 PM

losing hope Sad
When did the last time you PM'ed either Theymos or Cyrus?
Try to PM them again, your PM might get skipped by them accidentaly
I recovered my account within 5 months, you might recover your account at around my time or longer if you're not lucky enough.
January 02, 2018, 12:37:53 AM

losing hope Sad
December 08, 2017, 10:12:41 PM
same situation,

i suppose you are use your birthday date for password, there are a lot of hacked account with this method.

Pindol

No I did not use my birthday as my password, I used quite complex password , the database must be leaked to get my password.
Did you change your password after 2012 Bitcointalk Database breach?
If not, we know how they figured out your password and its being sold at Darknet Marketplace.

Try to send Theymos or Cyrus PM every few months, Chances are your PM got skipped by them accidentally.
I just recovered my accounts too, it took me around 4 months for Cyrus to reply to my PM Smiley

I did not changed it Sad

Glad to hear that you got your account back, so there is still a little hope for me and Yeah I will keep doing it hopefully I got my account back, thanks.
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
December 08, 2017, 12:11:58 PM
same situation,

i suppose you are use your birthday date for password, there are a lot of hacked account with this method.

Pindol

No I did not use my birthday as my password, I used quite complex password , the database must be leaked to get my password.
Did you change your password after 2012 Bitcointalk Database breach?
If not, we know how they figured out your password and its being sold at Darknet Marketplace.

Try to send Theymos or Cyrus PM every few months, Chances are your PM got skipped by them accidentally.
I just recovered my accounts too, it took me around 4 months for Cyrus to reply to my PM Smiley
December 08, 2017, 09:09:33 AM
same situation,

Pindol

Activity: 25
Merit: 9
December 08, 2017, 08:05:06 AM
same situation,

Pindol
December 08, 2017, 07:48:41 AM
Sadly have the same problem on a Senior member account. Thing is that I never posted my BTC address anywhere so now someone is just using my account to collect bounties..
Activity: 1
December 08, 2017, 06:57:35 AM
Sadly have the same problem on a Senior member account. Thing is that I never posted my BTC address anywhere so now someone is just using my account to collect bounties..
December 08, 2017, 05:34:54 AM
They are the only ones which are able to help you, and  you just need to remain patient as there's a current backlog on recovering accounts as it's not the highest priority. Send a reminder every week or two without spamming them. As long as you've provided them with sufficient evidence and it's formatted quickly, they will eventually get around to you.

Thanks for your respond, yeah it sad that a hacker broke bitcointalk database but I dont understand why bitcointalk forum did not enforced a new security like SMS Auth or 2FA for login, it did not even remind me to change the password ?
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
December 08, 2017, 02:34:27 AM
They are the only ones which are able to help you, and  you just need to remain patient as there's a current backlog on recovering accounts as it's not the highest priority. Send a reminder every week or two without spamming them. As long as you've provided them with sufficient evidence and it's formatted quickly, they will eventually get around to you.
December 08, 2017, 02:12:02 AM
My original 2011 bitcointalk hero account suddenly got hacked

I already sent a signed PGP message to Cyrus & theymoss but they did not reply

please help.
Pages:
Jump to: