Pages:
Author

Topic: My account got hacked - page 3. (Read 2247 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
November 28, 2016, 04:21:00 AM
Email address associated with my account was changed to "[email protected]" and bitcoin address on my profile was also changed to 1JmhzYRUNWqTDVLo1UejN7e1C87sitNMBP by hacker.

My Keybase address was not interfered with. He didn't change account password so I was directly logged into my forun account when I opened bitcointalk.
I started off by changing back my password, email and profile bitcoin address
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Invulner
November 28, 2016, 04:19:32 AM
I just logged into my account and found over a dozen of private messages that were sent/received from my account without my knowledge in last 24 hours. And some negative feedback on my account. It's possible that hacker made scam trades as well.
I have no idea what to do. Please advise.

You'll probably have to repay your debts, unfortunately to the scammed because it was your fault for not securing your account properly in my opinion and otherwise your neg trust will probably never be removed.

Harsh but it's the truth... Lots of scammers trying to use "hacked" as a cover since there is no way to prove that an account is hacked but not actually just the owner changing his password and resetting email etc. from a remote destination.

That said though, personally I believe you. But it's really bad luck, and 1.5 BTC is a lot.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
November 28, 2016, 04:13:52 AM
I just logged into my account and found over a dozen of private messages that were sent/received from my account without my knowledge in last 24 hours. And some negative feedback on my account. It's possible that hacker made scam trades as well.
I have no idea what to do. Please advise.
Pages:
Jump to: