Pages:
Author

Topic: my Antminer s5 mining at 1554 HG/s unbelievable؟ - page 2. (Read 3751 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Thank you, your comment make me  optimism  Kiss
Activity: 6
Wow mate, u'll get the money you spent buying the antminer back in a few days, don't you?
Activity: 639
Merit: 500
what about the consumption of this setup? it's probably very high , above 590w, if your ratio is the same as before, i see no reason to overclock
but if you are getting something better like 1554 at 700-800, it would be a good move to overclock the S5
this OC should work with every 28nm board and not so much with the future 16nm or 14nm
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
It is not unusual for one Hashing Board to stop for some unknown reason. It will usually not show with xxxx, but the give a way is that the temperature of that board will drop. A reboot will get things going again.

Rich

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
@notlist3d

sounds right, each board would give about 500 GH/S so i guess he's working with just one board now !!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Do you mind if I ask a dumb quesiton or two.  I just picked up an Antminer S5 a few days ago.  I set up 1 pool at

https://mining.bitcoin.cz/dashboard/

The first day was great.  I saw regular throughputs at the expected 1.10 to 1.12 th/s.  But then it slowly started to go down to around 500 gh/s.  I rebooted it.  It didn't really do anything.  I upgraded the firmware, and that seemed to help .   .  but I"m seeing that the hashrates are falling, once again.

Here's what I'm curious about.
1) I have a 750W powersupply with 2 rails.  I've read that this is very adequadely powered, but can power cause slow performance?

2) I have the unit in a well-ventilated area.  I don't think heat is a problem, but is that something that typically causes performance problems.

3) I see your mIner Status page has multiple pools set up.  Is it simply that the pool isn't feeding my miner enough work?  Should I find multipe pools as well?  Is that a standard practice.

Thanks for any info and thanks for sharing your screen shots.

Well going down to 500 GH/s do you have a picture to show us of status screen?  It likely is starting with both hashing boards and sounds to be going down to one.

But it will be a little more work and info to know why (assuming that is right).
Activity: 1
Do you mind if I ask a dumb quesiton or two.  I just picked up an Antminer S5 a few days ago.  I set up 1 pool at

https://mining.bitcoin.cz/dashboard/

The first day was great.  I saw regular throughputs at the expected 1.10 to 1.12 th/s.  But then it slowly started to go down to around 500 gh/s.  I rebooted it.  It didn't really do anything.  I upgraded the firmware, and that seemed to help .   .  but I"m seeing that the hashrates are falling, once again.

Here's what I'm curious about.
1) I have a 750W powersupply with 2 rails.  I've read that this is very adequadely powered, but can power cause slow performance?

2) I have the unit in a well-ventilated area.  I don't think heat is a problem, but is that something that typically causes performance problems.

3) I see your mIner Status page has multiple pools set up.  Is it simply that the pool isn't feeding my miner enough work?  Should I find multipe pools as well?  Is that a standard practice.

Thanks for any info and thanks for sharing your screen shots.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
yeah the pool just showing higher rate, what is the actual rate on the antminer GUI page? that will tell you
Activity: 182
Hello there!
I am new at all I do not know how it happened, I did not Add anything
This happens in middle night only

Thank you a lot

Huh? Really? You might be submitting shares at a rate that the pool thinks you're going at 1.5k GH/s when you are actually mining at normal speed.
Heck, hell if I know!
I am new at all I do not know how it happened, I did not Add anything
This happens in middle night only

Thank you a lot
Activity: 182
Hello there!

Is it still going at 1500GH/s???
I'm interested. They might've added more chips than needed or in other words, you got lucky.
Are you overclocking it?? On purpose or not/is your miner automatically running it full speed?

Whoa

P.S. Add the image on the forum, people might think that's a bit shady.
Please

if possible  any one of you can explains    Roll Eyes How did this happen   Huh Huh

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=96428B92235E6B8E!689&authkey=!ACLhm-bjrFY-emo&v=3&ithint=photo%2cbmp

i am now bitcoin miner Grin Grin
Pages:
Jump to: