Pages:
Author

Topic: My Avalon 6's are in undervolt + down clock results. - page 2. (Read 2893 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I had freq at 500 and fans at 20%

I dropped  fans at 15% kept freq at 500  and  gear  settled well.

It is running with 1x seasonic 1200 watt plat

and 1x seasonic 1000 watt plat

and 1 x evga 1000 watt plat.

I am doing 120 volt power  and using about 2000 watts for about 6930gh  that comes to .288 watts a gh

sound levels are around 56db   I will photo the temp setup.

legendary
yeah ive got one in the living room at stock settings and its tolerable forsure

S7 in the same spot however would have my wife and kids going haywire

I kinda plan doing the same thing. Thanks for the heads up guys. Looking forward to philip's noise level review.

okay sitting in my den 7 ft from the tv screen and 4 ft from 2 miners.

sound level is 57 to 59 db with no effort to make them quiet. if this was 2 s-7's i would be around 75db

the fans ramp up and down a bit.

I am running them with 2 seasonics and an evga so the psu's are not adding volume .

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom

I kinda plan doing the same thing. Thanks for the heads up guys. Looking forward to philip's noise level review.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Please don't ruin ur marriage and your children's hearing over a few btc  Cheesy

JK Wink
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Glad you recieved your miners philip. Notlist3d's video was silent, I mean the miner seem to be silent, but still he reported over 60 dB at 3 foot, its close to S7. What are your recordings?

Keep in mine mine were done with a smart phone, so like I said accuracy is not guaranteed.    My video I showed it running at 20 percent (default speed on fan).   You could make it even quieter if you went to 10 percent and your ambient allowed it.

It is not silent but still not bad I have used it for free heat last few day's in my room.
legendary
Glad you recieved your miners philip. Notlist3d's video was silent, I mean the miner seem to be silent, but still he reported over 60 dB at 3 foot, its close to S7. What are your recordings?

well I will do that in a few minutes.

I can tell I will not be able to do a good undervolt until I can figure out how to turn off smartspeed.

that will be in ssh.

It does allow for lower volts it can run at 10.2 but I think the smartspeed fucks up tweaking.

I will need a good look at  ssh to disable it.

after a few minutes I will pull the meanwell psu and instead of it put in a quiet psu for sound measurements

as for real undervolt measurements  anyone that is good with ssh please let me know how to ssh and kill off smart speed

i have it red high lighted the 4.1 avalon's let you do it in gui  the 6 looks to have it buried in ssh
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Kind of disappointing, not much of an increase from the stock .284w/gh.  Maybe more tweaking will show better numbers.

yeah I need to disable smartspeed.

oh silent miner it is.

Is it silent at full speed? With the fan rpm listed by the dev, i was pretty sure these were loud.
legendary
Kind of disappointing, not much of an increase from the stock .284w/gh.  Maybe more tweaking will show better numbers.

yeah I need to disable smartspeed.

oh silent miner it is.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Kind of disappointing, not much of an increase from the stock .284w/gh.  Maybe more tweaking will show better numbers.

I was hoping for a super quiet miner that can down volt greatly for higher efficiency. Sound like sadly the S7 might be the better option for both Area.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Where am I?
Kind of disappointing, not much of an increase from the stock .284w/gh.  Maybe more tweaking will show better numbers.
legendary
Fedex was 1 day early.

I have some down clock numbers

freq 400

volts 10.6

watts 596

gh 2209

watts per gh .269

will try 9.5 volts next