Pages:
Author

Topic: My bank account's got robbed by European Commission. Over 700k is lost. - page 13. (Read 408455 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
in the USA there is a 250K USD cap (insured by our ever trustworthy government) on the insured money in the bank. and guess what money in banks with a different bank (by name) may be under the same cap. ie 250k USD in what may be at 1st glance in different banks are under the same 250k policy. as they are owned by the same entity.

so depending on what you have where you might 50%, more or less.. the math is left as an exercise for the student.

someone please correct me if Im wrong.

https://www.fdic.gov/edie/fdic_info_calculator.html?height=400

The insurance is more of psychological support than real support, I remember that some statistics showing that the insurance only covers 1% of all the deposit in banks. Rich guys usually do not put money in banks because those big money are not covered by the insurance
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
How in the earth can someone take over 70 % of your money in order to pay the dept. I think that you have to be willing to help. I have no words. Sorry for your lose. Hope they will refund you.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
in the USA there is a 250K USD cap (insured by our ever trustworthy government) on the insured money in the bank. and guess what money in banks with a different bank (by name) may be under the same cap. ie 250k USD in what may be at 1st glance in different banks are under the same 250k policy. as they are owned by the same entity.

so depending on what you have where you might 50%, more or less.. the math is left as an exercise for the student.

someone please correct me if Im wrong.

https://www.fdic.gov/edie/fdic_info_calculator.html?height=400
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
Wow, this is crazy. Will this sort of thing also happen in Greece?
And it's scary that this is expected to be the same sort of restructuring that will affect EU banks. Is it safe to keep more than 100K EUR in any European banks at this point?

The EUR 100k limit is a temporary raise from EUR 20k and some countries have started lowering the limit back to EUR 20k

I think it is safe to assume that most of the money in most EU bank accounts does not really exist. AFAIK the last BIS Basel III 'accords' was for less than 8% Tier 1 capital backing. I.e. if more than 8% of the money in EU banks was to be withdrawn by the banks' customers they would be insolvent.
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
And it's scary that this is expected to be the same sort of restructuring that will affect EU banks. Is it safe to keep more than 100K EUR in any European banks at this point?

The EUR 100k limit is a temporary raise from EUR 20k and some countries have started lowering the limit back to EUR 20k
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
Damn man, this sucks! I just ran into this thread. I sure hope you managed to recover and that you have recovered your business. This should be bumped daily and thread like this should be findable easily all accross the web, just so everyone can see what bastards are governments and banks!

yeah man that's how things go down. The media never really covers news which matters to the people, such posts no matter how much highlighted, never make it to the mainstream media because it does not involve anything except people losing money. If there was any politician involved, they would be all over the place and over hype this situation. The problem with news is that, its most often not really news.

Well if they would show this news they would actually be showing their shame and disgrace. This is probably why they are keeping their mouth shut!
Activity: 994
Damn man, this sucks! I just ran into this thread. I sure hope you managed to recover and that you have recovered your business. This should be bumped daily and thread like this should be findable easily all accross the web, just so everyone can see what bastards are governments and banks!

yeah man that's how things go down. The media never really covers news which matters to the people, such posts no matter how much highlighted, never make it to the mainstream media because it does not involve anything except people losing money. If there was any politician involved, they would be all over the place and over hype this situation. The problem with news is that, its most often not really news.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
Damn... and they talk about Bitcoin being a ponzi or a scam...
Banks are the worst bloodsuckers there is, and that's why Bitcoin is important and a real menace to them.
with bitcoin you can be your own Bank. You don't need to pay large fees to banks with Bitcoin...
So, now Banks are trying to give attention to the Blockchain in order to use the technology for their own profit.
The problem is that within this process Banks will try to kill Bitcoin...
Activity: 1842
Merit: 389
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. 700k is not a small amount. Maybe you should've withdrawn the amount when your gut feeling went the other way. After hearing about this , i feel sorry for people who have invested their money in The Bank of Cyprus or Laiki Bank. I've also heard that it's a 100% loss for people with more than 100k in it.

It was a 100% loss for any amount ABOVE the 100k EUR.
So for this guy he had $850k USD in the account in total.
He was remained with 100k EUR which was approximately back then 128k USD.

The rest of the money was gone.
128k out of 850k is 15% - so he lost 85% of his total balance.

For someone else with a couple of million euros it could have been a 95% loss and for someone with money slightly above 100k EUR it could have been a minor loss.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
be your self
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. 700k is not a small amount. Maybe you should've withdrawn the amount when your gut feeling went the other way. After hearing about this , i feel sorry for people who have invested their money in The Bank of Cyprus or Laiki Bank. I've also heard that it's a 100% loss for people with more than 100k in it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Activity: 1842
Merit: 389
He got his money back.

He got it back? Where does he say that?

No where, because he never got it back.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
He got his money back.

He got it back? Where does he say that?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
wow, destroying businesses of potentially great entrepreneurs is the worst thing Greece could do, I sympathized to the country government but not anymore, I just think they are fucking stupid kids with power, making their citizens suffer for the damage they have done. If you can't run a country, why do you want to doom it so bad?

Your pointing finger at the wrong guys. The government isn't the entity screwing the people and the country: it's the bankers. The government is just a tool. They even put bankers there in 2011.

Here's an excellent short article that will open your eyes: http://www.cryptonews.biz/greece-the-one-biggest-lie-you-are-being-told-by-the-media/
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
He got his money back.

This is a lie, he hardly got shit back. People and many small businesses in Greece are now in exactly same situation.

The money doesn't exist, it never did. It's a big fiction made up in the databases of untrustworthy central banks. People want to believe the fiction of fiat make-believe money right up until the last 'disappearing act' ... this show is like all good magicians and illusionists, the object was never there to begin with, you just need to convince the audience that it is. There is no money, it's just a bunch of debts and promises stacked on top of each other to the sky. When enough people wake up and demand to see the real money, there is none.

It is not if, it is when. Illusions cannot last forever.

Italy is next.

Indeed it is, the last time this happened Zeroday got pwned hard but Bitcoin saved his butt or at least minimized some damage for him and his employees.
That said it goes to show how one can not rely on a banking system to protect a persons assets it is after all at the end of the day numbers on a screen that can be taken away at the whim of the banks in dire times.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
He got his money back.

This is a lie, he hardly got shit back. People and many small businesses in Greece are now in exactly same situation.

The money doesn't exist, it never did. It's a big fiction made up in the databases of untrustworthy central banks. People want to believe the fiction of fiat make-believe money right up until the last 'disappearing act' ... this show is like all good magicians and illusionists, the object was never there to begin with, you just need to convince the audience that it is. There is no money, it's just a bunch of debts and promises stacked on top of each other to the sky. When enough people wake up and demand to see the real money, there is none.

It is not if, it is when. Illusions cannot last forever.

Italy is next.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Man, I am genuinely angry about this, 700K IS A HELL LOT OF MONEY. This is something huge, something which has affected your business so much that people are being fired. Oh god, and the sad thing is that you cannot do anything about it as bank is backed up by the government and all these courts are in the government. How fucking sad is this, our own government betrays us and fucks us over. FUCKING BANK CUNTS.

Ehm ? You should read the full thread not just the headline. He got his money back. Nevertheless, that happens when a country starts to "haircut" their own citizen. But on the other hand, Greece had enough time to bankrun, and they did a pretty good job.

Whoever still has money in a greek bank account, i hope he will learn from his mistakes. As if the signals were not clear enough.

Its kinda hard to read 60 pages  Undecided
Very good to hear about the money back.
But anyway, how can it happen in our modern world?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Pages:
Jump to: