Pages:
Author

Topic: My best investment strategy - page 5. (Read 1035 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
October 16, 2020, 04:06:31 AM
Yes, diversify.
IMHO, that works even before or should I say just before.
I don't quite do it now.
Too much risk is out there. I have a small list in my portfolio now. Also, I am getting lazy to keep tracking each project.
I guess that's what happens when you get older in the industry.
You just want a few, the special ones, and focus on them.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 256
October 16, 2020, 03:52:53 AM
My strategy, i have two different exchanges where i trade. one is long term, while the other is short term. i hold btc and eth on the long term exchange while i hold loads of altcoins tokens in the exchange where i trade short term. i also use the uniswap frequently because of its swift and sharp business rate. I also avoid tokens with high volatility.

Yeah. Uniswap is a personal favorite of mine especially since they gave me some airdropped tokens. But I have a problem  with the Dex. That's the high fees that comes with using it either for trading or for adding or taking out rewards from liquidity pools.  I hope ETH 2.0 addresses the high gas fees on ethereum. If it does and gas prices return to normalcy or lesser, Uniswap will be able to compete with the big boys.
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
October 16, 2020, 02:47:57 AM
The best technique for building a strong crypto portfolio is to mix things up.
Survival in this market landscape is reliant on adaptability.
you choose what to do depending on how we see the market.
Sometimes you buy and hold for the long term, other times, you take short time trades to get big profit.
I Also take some calculated risks on new projects BTC

Absolutely right. If you wanna make good amount of money and large returns we must take some calculated risk on some new and promising projects. Right now I am throwing some money new Defi projects .
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
October 16, 2020, 02:31:04 AM
The first rule in investment is that, don't put money into something that you don't understand so first you have to learn about the market and start creating your own strategy. Going all in into an investment is very risky, so its also advisable to have a diversified portfolio. My strategy is so simple, I always buy good projects during the bear market and will sell it once they go up again, and this has been very effective in the past months.

I have a sound advise (not my own, I read so much that I have forgotten if I even have any original thoughts lol), if you want to grow your money invest in new promising projects, if you want to keep your wealth, put it in BTC.

Though there's no guarantee for this, investing on new promising and legit project is one of the best way to earn profit in just a short period of time, you just need to increase your risk tolerance and expect nothing.
Activity: 439
Merit: 3
October 16, 2020, 02:28:28 AM
Everyone has known for a long time that investing in a new project is very profitable but it involves a lot of risk.  For that we need to do regular market research and gain a good knowledge of cryptocurrency.  However, reviewing the current situation, it can be seen that the maximum of the new projects are fake projects.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
October 16, 2020, 02:17:18 AM
Before, I used to be a day trader but it seems not suits me because of the stress and headaches I have been going through due to my daily work and as a trader.

Then I decided to just hold for long period, this strategy is best for me because I dont have lots of time to spend monitoring the market and there's no need to be stress if you missed selling because I have set target price.

It depends how you handle your investment and what strategy works best.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 16, 2020, 02:09:54 AM
I wouldn't call that a strategy. It is more like a diversified investment where you will invest on different crypto currencies to minimize your loss and maximize your profit. But that doesn't always happen in case of crypto currencies since since the values of other altcoins are somewhat related to that of bitcoin. If we see the price of bitcoin dropping, we will see that the price of other altcoins also going down.
Diversification is good, but make sure you are investing in the right altcoins. There are lots of shitty coins out there! Best thing to do is invest maximum of your funds in bitcoin while using rest of your funds to invest in other "well known" altcoins.
'
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
MYID
October 16, 2020, 01:42:07 AM
In the crypto market due to the high volatility it is not predicted or guesses the actual risk available for particular crypto. S, whenever I trade crypto just buy and sell immediately with minimum profit. Again, if I want to invest for a long time then choose a good coin like; Ethereum, Ripple, BNT, IOTA, etc. here I trade for short with minimum profit and if the price goes adverse then I remain there until gain.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
October 16, 2020, 01:34:30 AM
I believe Top coins are the best option for the long term, but sometimes the profit we make is not that much. So I also need to take advantage of fluctuating price movements and the coin is trending, I usually buy for the mid term. I also invest in (ICO / crowdfunding), a promising altcoin. because here I can get a lot of profit, but what needs to be considered is the risk of losing is also high.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
October 16, 2020, 01:06:53 AM
When it comes to long term investment I would go with BTC,ETH and other top list crypto,
But if I want to have short trades I would look for some crypto that is listed among the top 100 and have a good community to make sure it wouldn't easily go down.
I don't invest in new project since they are too risky I would rather wait till they have a good support on trading sites.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
October 16, 2020, 12:49:27 AM
I have a sound advise (not my own, I read so much that I have forgotten if I even have any original thoughts lol), if you want to grow your money invest in new promising projects, if you want to keep your wealth, put it in BTC.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
October 16, 2020, 12:20:32 AM
Sometimes you buy and hold for the long term, other times, you take short time trades to get big profit.

I have had as much as 200 different tokens in my wallet before and have decided to get rid of some of them since theyre not looking any promising. However keeping a diverse portfolio is a good strategy if youre not a passive investor.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 775
October 15, 2020, 11:10:35 PM
You say you are mixing up your portfolio but how did you do this?

From my perspective, portfolio diversification is good and it helps you to minimize risks of lose all your capital if you invest into only one coin and that coin lost 50% or 80% of its value in one day. My thought is you need to give about 50% of your portfolio for bitcoin, for the rest 50% you can split it into 2 parts. Part one for old altcoins/ tokens and their projects, developers are still actively. Part two for new coins or tokens that are risky and you can lose all capital for them. Part 1 and part 2 can be at 80% and 20%.

You can also increase the bitcoin in your portfolio to more than 50%.
Activity: 868
Merit: 15
October 15, 2020, 10:52:12 PM
My best investment strategy is it will usually depend on your skills you have to learn the techniques by applying your knowledge and doing market analysis long term investment is good but you have to plan ahead improvement is not possible without planning. You have to update yourself with the market movement and long term investment is more profitable than short term investment the risk is much less here also extremely important for any investment decision.
Activity: 500
Merit: 250
BountyMarketcap
October 15, 2020, 10:46:04 PM
I don't have a trading strategy, because I don't understand price movements.

I only use the usual strategy, buy cheap sell expensive.

Just like a long investment. hold the token and wait for the up price.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1049
Smart is not enough, there must be skills
October 15, 2020, 10:25:50 PM
There are several steps that we must apply to ourselves for investment strategies that we will face, of course the portfolio really needs which coins to invest in the long and short term, but I still see how the market moves and it is preferred with a short trading time. daily is more fun and we can play with the strategies that we get and for small amounts but that we often find, therefore investing in bitcoin doesn't have to worry big, you just need to hold it longer it's better.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
October 15, 2020, 10:15:37 PM
How much percentage from our portfolio value can be risked on the new crypto projects should be the biggest question to ask when someone say they take calculated risks?

How about you?
Activity: 1303
Merit: 128
October 15, 2020, 10:02:44 PM
I don't have any strategy before and I do follow some trading advice, the result is very bad for me so I also advice to have you best strategy every time you invest money. I spend more time learning how to trade, its not easy but its worth it so I advice to be more strategic when it comes to diversifying your money because not all projects are worth investing for, even if you hold more coins/tokens if you don't know how to buy and sell you wont succeed.
Activity: 235
Merit: 62
October 15, 2020, 09:02:05 PM

This is true and how most people would play. You can't put all eggs in one  basket, simple as that.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
October 15, 2020, 08:38:23 PM
We have to look for more options, invest wisely and yes diversify our investment so we wont lose that much. I also have some strategy every time I invest, though you should not over diversify your assets, trade and hold at least top 5 tokens/coins for you.

Your investment strategy might not work with the others, so newbies have to develop your investment strategy and never depend to anyone. The hype also in this market is too much, don’t get distracted.
Yes. Our investment strategies really vary depending on what we think is more profitable. But as much as possible, we need to diversify our investments so that if one loses, the other one has still chances to make profits. We need to monitor the market price movement of the market so that if things goes wrong unexpectedly like the sudden price decline, we can still backed those things up.
Pages:
Jump to: