Pages:
Author

Topic: My BitCoins Being Hacked? - page 2. (Read 1582 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 28, 2013, 11:58:16 PM
Norton AntiVirus is "Blocking a hacking/malicious website intrusion attempt" whenever opening BitCoin-QT.

Info:
Network traffic from checkip.dyndns.org/ matches the signature of a known attack.  The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\PROGRAM FILES\BITCOIN\BITCOIN-QT.EXE.

I have moved my 1.766 BitCoins to another location....is this a virus something to worry about?

Please only reply with facts and not speculation of what this might be.

Update:
Scanned Computer [FULL SCAN] and it was clean.
Each time BitCoin-Qt is opened, the message pops up still!

get Microsoft security essentials, update scan then download malware bytes update and do a full scan
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
May 28, 2013, 11:50:40 PM
Also try scanning with multiple programs.  One malwarebytes, avg both free.   I would reboot and try again.  Some can be a pain to get rid of.
May 28, 2013, 11:41:22 PM
looks like you downloaded a virus?
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
May 28, 2013, 11:36:55 PM
Ok, I turned Norton AntiVirus off, but now something "Trojan.Zbot" has been 'detected' and 'not blocked'.

Is Trojan.Zbot part of BitCoin too? I found the file and opened it and let it run, don't wanna lose my BitCoins!!  Smiley

Not part of Bitcoin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus_(Trojan_horse)
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
May 28, 2013, 11:36:08 PM
Norton is good for one thing.... rebates lol.  But on a side note +1 for you being proactive and not trusting just any program.

Try another anti-virus.  Some can be real pains to get rid of on malware.  Is it first time you have gotten this warning, or is it happening with other programs?
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
May 28, 2013, 11:33:20 PM
Trojan.Zbot

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/trojan-spy_w32_zbot.shtml

If you have been infected with this then I would be very wary to access any banking/bitcoin related stuff on that machine until you reformat and reinstall.

What site did you download your copy of Bitcoin-QT from?
May 28, 2013, 11:29:16 PM
 First Step:Delete Norton Antivirus
Second Step: Be thankful you deleted Nortan Anti Virus!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
'That Guy'
May 28, 2013, 11:23:19 PM
Ok, I turned Norton AntiVirus off, but now something "Trojan.Zbot" has been 'detected' and 'not blocked'.

Is Trojan.Zbot part of BitCoin too? I found the file and opened it and let it run, don't wanna lose my BitCoins!!  Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
May 28, 2013, 11:01:40 PM
Oh dear, Norton Antivirus.

This is perfectly normal behaviour from the bitcoin client. See https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/net.cpp#L340 for where it is invoked.

Just Norton spreading FUD as usual. Do yourself a favour and nuke it :p
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
'That Guy'
May 28, 2013, 10:55:31 PM
Norton AntiVirus is "Blocking a hacking/malicious website intrusion attempt" whenever opening BitCoin-QT.

Info:
Network traffic from checkip.dyndns.org/ matches the signature of a known attack.  The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\PROGRAM FILES\BITCOIN\BITCOIN-QT.EXE.

I have moved my 1.766 BitCoins to another location....is this a virus something to worry about?

Please only reply with facts and not speculation of what this might be.

Update:
Scanned Computer [FULL SCAN] and it was clean.
Each time BitCoin-Qt is opened, the message pops up still!
Pages:
Jump to: