Pages:
Author

Topic: My BtC was stolen on Blockchain.com - page 2. (Read 286 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
June 08, 2024, 02:34:05 PM
The address which received OP's fund has received 5.65 BTC in total and has been reported here too.

I think the OP exchange account was what got hacked, not the wallet, where the hacker needs to gain access to the private key or phrase of the wallet.
No, OmegaStarScream was right.
according to the screenshot shared by OP, the fund was sent out from blockchain.com wallet, not their exchange.

BlockChain.com is a centralized exchange.
They have a web wallet too.

I remember the website does not provide seedphrase export, only a recovery key for password reset.
The recovery key provided by blockchain.com wallet is your seed phrase.
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 3094
BTC price road to $80k
June 08, 2024, 02:33:10 PM
Why would you hold BTC on an online wallet like blockchain.com? Since it's online hackers have so many chances to try to hack your account and steal your funds.

I'm sorry for your loss since Bitcoin transactions are reversible you can't do anything.

I hope next time don't use online or web wallets like blockchain.com I heard many users hacked using web wallets like blockchain.com next time use a better wallet like Electrum or hardware wallet.
Activity: 9
Merit: 3
June 08, 2024, 02:31:12 PM
A hacker does not necessarily need that in order for him to access your wallet.

Your seedphrase or private keys (if it's an imported address) are all a hacker needs to access your funds. The 2FA code won't really help with that.

So the question is... where is your seed stored? is it online? did you share it with someone before? is it well hidden?
BlockChain.com is a centralized exchange. I remember the website does not provide seedphrase export, only a recovery key for password reset. This happened in 2020 when BTC prices were very low. What has always puzzled me is how they managed to get my SMS code.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
June 08, 2024, 02:27:37 PM

If this is an imported wallet, then he might have accessed the private key of that address...

If it's completly generated by Blockchain, then he might have found your seed.
I think the op exchange account was what got hacked and not the wallet where the hacker needs to gain access to the private key or phrase of the wallet.

I could be wrong, but the screenshot he's showing looks more like the "wallet" than the exchange which seems to have an overall different UI, theme as you can see here:

[1] https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/4417087554068-How-to-withdraw-crypto
[2] https://exchange.blockchain.com/trade
Activity: 1638
Merit: 817
June 08, 2024, 02:23:15 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, did you receive anything suspicious in an SMS or in your email prior to the transaction, such as unsuccessful logins or receiving verification codes to login? Have you downloaded any pirated software in the past, or where your passwords compromised at some point?

P.S Sim swapping has also growing increasingly common as NotATether already mentioned.
Activity: 189
Merit: 120
June 08, 2024, 02:23:04 PM

If this is an imported wallet, then he might have accessed the private key of that address...

If it's completly generated by Blockchain, then he might have found your seed.
I think the OP exchange account was what got hacked, not the wallet, where the hacker needs to gain access to the private key or phrase of the wallet. 

I think all they use is a password and email to login, and the 2FA and SMS verification are just added security, which hackers might be able to bypass. The Op should try checking out his logging history; maybe this has been planned out for a long time, and just having access to the account email and other things might be a bit easier to bypass.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
June 08, 2024, 02:21:19 PM
Were you SIM swapped by any chance? (You mentioned that but call your phone provider just to be sure). That's a very common way of taking over accounts.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
June 08, 2024, 02:20:24 PM

Your seedphrase or private keys (if it's an imported address) are all a hacker needs to access your funds. The 2FA code won't really help with that.

So the question is... where is your seed stored? is it online? did you share it with someone before? is it well hidden?
Activity: 9
Merit: 3
June 08, 2024, 02:19:22 PM
site: blockchain.com
screenshot of the transaction history:https://ibb.co/wM9kP1L

I had activated Email and SMS as the authentication, it was still stoled, don't know how the hacker get my sms code.
Pages:
Jump to: