Pages:
Author

Topic: My Dream Bitcointalk Forum - page 3. (Read 735 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1024
Goodnight, o_e_l_e_o 🌹
August 26, 2021, 04:25:52 PM
Introduction:
Forums are great places to teach, learn and interact. I have been in some other forums, but this is the best and the most vast I have seen. I have not been here for long and as such I cannot actually tell how the forum was before now; if there are notable changes(which I believe)from status quo. On this note, I beg to be forgiven if I misrepresent the past. As suggested by the subject, I am interested in the future.

Article Tools:
1. Other forum experiences
2. My brief knowledge of the forum.
3. My natural desire for improvement.

Article Motivators:
1. Is Bitcointalk.org losing user base?
2. What will be your reason to leave bitcointalk?
3. My natural desire for improvement and/or greatness.

Below are the features of the Bitcointalk of my dream;

1. Scam Moderation:
Bitcoin had been grossly accused of being a scam currency and this accusation has sinked in the minds of many. Let us assume a scenario where a newbie who already had conceived that bitcoin is all about scam, having being convinced and persuaded to join a forum created by Satoshi himself. Believing that here is the source and true definition of bitcoin, but on arrival, in less than a week he/she is scammed. What an irony and/or coincidence?
Even if the forum insists that she cannot moderate scam due to its complexity of detecting a real scammer, but there are some obvious scams. I understand that the forum has a trust system to check scam. But the day I toured the trust system, I discovered that almost everyone here who I assumed is reputable in the forum, including Theymos himself has some negative feedbacks. No matter from whom, it is actually passing a message. I was forced to ponder if the trust system is - A scam buster being busted by the busted? Or a scammer being trusted to bust other scammers?
I am strongly dreaming a bitcointalk forum where scam is moderated, atleast to an extent.

2. Forum Publicity:
Most of the times I have blamed myself for not discovering this forum since 2010 I joined Facebook. But I have stopped blaming myself, I now blame the forum for making me not to know her even when I made efforts to. I remember making a google search in 2016 with these key words "What is bitcoin all about?" I read the search results but nothing led me here. When you visit B/H board, there are questions such as the above and they have all been answered here. In my dream I saw bitcointalk optimized B/H, Bitcoin Discussion, Technical Board some other boards in search engines. Such that newbies random questions will lead to this forum.

3. Thread/Topic summerizer:
I dreamt of a bitcointalk forum, where there is a thread summerizer, be it the topic creator or whoever that would be appointed for the purpose. I held this dream within me, not until I saw @fillippone do it in his thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57517379
When you visit some threads, you will discover they are in 20+ pages. This can be serious discussion or debate threads. Will a user(who didn't follow the conversation from the beginning) have to read from pages 1 to 20+ to get everyone's opinions? Or will he need to check the usernames to determine whose comment to read or skip?
I dream of a bitcointalk forum which summerizes thread at every 5th page, such that if I meet a 27pages discussion, I would have to visit pages 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 to gather the needed information in the form of summary.

4. Newbie Safe Haven:
No one births a child and start teaching the baby how not to steal, even when the baby has not yet known what stealing is.
Relating this to this forum, I knew some common crimes in bitcointalk within my few days of being here.
How did I know, because of the statements as this; "KingsDen is an alt", "maybe he wants to join bounty with this account ", "he is evading ban" perhaps want to cheat signature campaigns. Etc.
I dream of a bitcointalk forum where newbies will not be exposed to some ill information about the forum till they get to a certain ranks(maybe Jr member) This will sustain the sanity of the forum, to especially the real newbies.

5. Mobile Version or App:
I can stay few months without seeing my PC, but I hardly stay 30mins without seeing my mobile phone. It is not an addiction, it is a necessity. I dream of a bitcointalk I can navigate even when driving. Even if a new forum software is not going to be released, I dreamt of a mobile friendly bitcointalk with an enhanced notification features and also information sorting, not only according to date and time, but according to the importance of the topic(this feature will filter shit posts from quality posts). The criterion to determine sorting by information could be number of merits earned by such a post.

6. Enhanced Visual:
I understood that bitcointalk is a privacy oriented forum. Could it be the reason most of its members are hiding behind the curtain? The creator of this forum is the Father of it, also bitcoin is widely known for its anonymity. Are we all to maintain the legacy?
However, I have a dream where bitcointalk forum breaknews, display market prices, hosts interviews from members and project developers etc. This will resurface salient and latent  information in the forum and make them fit for reference purposes. I am happy this dream is about coming through as I read this thread Bitcointalk youtube channel - What would you want to see?

7. Evil Fee Modification:
I cannot imagine a newbie with zero crypto knowledge, who has not created a wallet before, being asked to atone for an evil he/she didn't commit. Who will guide the newbie? He/she might be scammed in the process of making the payment or pay higher fees.
Though many users have complained about the evil fee, if it cannot be eliminated entirely because of its ability to wage war against spamming, account farming, ban evation etc.
Can the evil fee come later? When the user must have signed in, start learning and building the account, maybe before the user joins a signature campaign, bounty campaign or do business, he would have to pay the evil fee.
By this time, he will be knowledgeable on how to make the payments, even if he applies for whitelisting, his purpose in the system must have been seen to an extent. Then the work of the whitelisters will be eased.

As long as my dream is trying to become, I was obliged to wake and share my dream.
Long live bitcointalk users.
I crave for a forum I will look back at in 5yrs time and see positive differences.
Thank you all!
Pages:
Jump to: