Pages:
Author

Topic: my ether wallet can be hacked??/ - page 4. (Read 416 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 13
February 18, 2018, 07:58:01 AM
It can be.
Etherdelta and Idex could be one of the culprit since you input your wallet address there (I doubt they will do that). Another will be those phishing sites.
That one is tricky, I suggest you bookmark MYETHERWALLET if you have check every letters already.

That is all the possibilities you can be hack. Be careful posting your wallet address at airdrops. There are also events that users have posted their private keys instead of wallet address.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 07:08:20 AM
Yes ! your ether wallet can be possible to be hacked or scammed if you give your private key to other people or you accidentally sign up your key to airdrop forms or application forms.
Activity: 462
January 12, 2018, 06:39:50 PM
Recently few days i am worried about cybar attack dec 25 i was lost my valuable token.Now i am confused and ask a question in my mind mew can be hack? please give me any suggestion i am afraid now.

of course if you ever login on a website that is not actually then your MyEtherWallet you can be hacked, you must be careful before entering the existing private key, many web phising similar to MyEtherWallet.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
January 12, 2018, 06:27:04 PM
With the massive number of people joining the crypto sphere, hackers and online criminals are really targeting us. MEW already put up a lot of advisory on their website on how not to get hack. However, they are still users complaining that they MEW wallet has been compromised. If they just followed every steps, I don't think that a hack can be possible.

The first thing to check before entering your private key is the website itself. Better bookmark it, so that it can prevent you from typing it directly, which 5 out of 10 you will get it wrong. And don't just click anything you see interesting in the Internet. Chances are, you are going to be phished. Its really up to us on how not to be hacked, its our own responsibility.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
January 12, 2018, 06:17:42 PM
Recently few days i am worried about cybar attack dec 25 i was lost my valuable token.Now i am confused and ask a question in my mind mew can be hack? please give me any suggestion i am afraid now.

Be careful in clicking links from your email and be aware of the right mew address. Their are lots of fake mew sites trying to phish your private keys from you. That is how most of MEW accounts have been hacked. Otherwise, if you keep your private keys and careful where you log in, MEW is very safe.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
January 12, 2018, 06:15:26 PM
MEW cannot be hacked unless someone can access your private keys.You don't have to store the private keys in your computer it is better to store it in a pen drive or write in a piece of paper.And keep good antivirus on yiur computer to stay away from phishing links which can copy yiur private keys.

MEW can be hacked, it's like those hacks that takeover all of the ETH addresses that you'd be sending your coins too. So if you were to want to send coins to x address the virus would change that to Y address, you would confirm the tx on the site and you'd be compromised as your computer is compromised.

This is why you should ALWAYS be using a HW wallet when dealing with a good amount of wallets, live wallets could be hacked at any point and you couldn't change a thing.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
January 12, 2018, 06:09:07 PM
MEW cannot be hacked unless someone can access your private keys.You don't have to store the private keys in your computer it is better to store it in a pen drive or write in a piece of paper.And keep good antivirus on yiur computer to stay away from phishing links which can copy yiur private keys.
Yesterday i was faced a big problem ,mew was not working properly and most of tx were fail.I lost my most coin for delta attack than i am afraid .do u use your mew wallet yesterday??
Activity: 149
January 12, 2018, 05:58:26 PM
If you do not provide keystore or privatekey to anyone, hacking your wallet is really difficult. Or sometimes you log your wallet at a fake website can also become a risk of your wallet being hacked. You can transfer your tokens to commercial sites for storage, where there are high security and links to your personal accounts, such as gmail or authy code, ...
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
January 12, 2018, 05:41:58 PM
if I have at least one bitcoin then I'll buy myself a ledger nano s and will only keep them there
Something in recent times, a lot of hacking
Activity: 211
Merit: 0
January 12, 2018, 05:15:44 AM
It can only be hacked if your private key has been unauthorizely accessed
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
January 12, 2018, 05:14:22 AM
Activity: 476
January 12, 2018, 05:11:40 AM
use wallet like ledger nano s, transfer you altcoins there, dont give anyone your private key, make sure the website you are logging in is not a phishing website, be always aware and vigilant. wallet like ledger nano s is a cold storage to make your tokens and btc safe for hackers.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 305
January 12, 2018, 05:05:08 AM
What kind of wallet?
If you are afraid, transfer the money to another one.
Check the operating system of your computer with different anti-virus software.

I do not see any problems at all.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
January 11, 2018, 04:29:34 PM
Pages:
Jump to: