Pages:
Author

Topic: My experience day trading - no moon shots - page 4. (Read 2088 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 8
September 13, 2018, 10:00:56 AM
Believe me - it took a while to get control. January to June I was looking for moonshots and wanting huge gains. I think I just about ended up with the same amount of BTC after lots of ups and downs.

But since then and discovering the team at Voodoo I've got a system I stick to, don't get greedy and it works for me. It's an exciting time. Come and check us out for the full set of charts this Friday - see what's happening. Link in the above post.
It's good to hear that the strategy is working fine for you.looking for different strategies is one of the things that we need to be succesful in the trading world.I've been joining different channels like the one in the link,trying to seek knowledge and ideas that other traders do.I'll check it out ony my free time.
it really helps a lot being open to suggestions and ideas from many different traders,this is a good way to gain knowledge and enhance your skills in your future trades.

by the way,i hope you didn't take your 1% tp today.this is the situation i was talking about when greediness sometimes pays off.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 03:19:56 AM
This is very similar to the way I trade..

I daytrade and rely almost completely off of the orderbooks. Longterm trends don't matter, just volume and volatility..

Just buy right infront of big walls and sell right infront of big walls..

If you buy right infront of a big wall, and they are tearing down that wall like you didn't expect, try to be one of the last guys to sell into it, taking a small loss but living to trade on..
Same with the sell side..

I figured out how to do this on darkcoin before its first ever pump..

This guy gets it. If you've not checked out Voodoo yet then it would be great for you to stop by and say hello.
September 13, 2018, 03:16:36 AM
Your target is risky. The market is up and down everyday. No one can predict it. If the market's down many days, you'll lose and lose. Try to find another way. There are many way to be successful.
I'm seeing a very minimal risk on what he is doing,if you think SL/TP set to 1% is risky then it's better not do any trades at all..i don't beleive consistency in trading so lose and lose or win and win won't happen all the time..

Any suggestions/improvements on this strategy always welcome.

your doing a good job controlling your greed,1% compounding daily could make you 300% profits in 4 to 6 months.but sometimes, try to take advantage of the market situation ,being greedy sometimes works.BTC was down from $6,400 to $6,160 the other day many alts crashed 15-20% and i think this is a good time to make an easy 5-7%.be greedy sometimes but not too much.

Believe me - it took a while to get control. January to June I was looking for moonshots and wanting huge gains. I think I just about ended up with the same amount of BTC after lots of ups and downs.

But since then and discovering the team at Voodoo I've got a system I stick to, don't get greedy and it works for me. It's an exciting time. Come and check us out for the full set of charts this Friday - see what's happening. Link in the above post.
September 13, 2018, 03:10:04 AM
Your target is risky. The market is up and down every day. No one can predict it. If the market's down many days, you'll lose and lose. Try to find another way. There are many ways to be successful.

You bring up a good point but I want to be clear that I measure my profit in BTC. My aim is to make more BTC - I don't care about fiat value. So, by only being in the market for short periods of time and sitting in BTC otherwise, I can minimise the losses that come from big volatilities (#BART).

I do not wish to predict the market - just take a view where it is headed over the next 15/20 mins and trade on that - keep SL tight just in case I get unlucky with timings.

This Friday there the paid tier is free for all so you'll see multiple charts per hour for 24hrs. (Fire Pit Friday Cheesy) - so if you want to see what this is about come and hang around on Friday: https://discord.gg/BN9P2tk
September 13, 2018, 03:06:06 AM
You've got great stuffs going on here. I like the idea and it looks really good. Instead of focusing on big profits and getting rekt, take a lil bit of risk and make 1% daily? Sounds like a good plan. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see your progress. I might join in along the way. Keep it up man. Kudos.

indeed, for novice players, they should not be carried away by emotion to get big profits, I like safe trading even though the smallest business profits can continue, because cryptocurrency prices are currently unpredictable, to get a high price increase for now is still difficult, so it is true that we only sell from day to day always monitoring prices so that we avoid many losses.

This is exactly right. I don't profess to be an amazing trader - just got great support from the team.

This system is working for me so I wanted to let people know.
September 13, 2018, 03:03:54 AM
It's easier to predict a moon shot with social signals than TA.

Making 1% is great for people who have tons of funds. It's not so great for people with less capital.

I hear what you say but 1% compounded every day soon does add up. I started with a lot less than I have now. It isn't a glamorous way of doing things but I enjoy it - keeps the blood pressure down Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
September 12, 2018, 10:24:47 PM
This is very similar to the way I trade..

I daytrade and rely almost completely off of the orderbooks. Longterm trends don't matter, just volume and volatility..

Just buy right infront of big walls and sell right infront of big walls..

If you buy right infront of a big wall, and they are tearing down that wall like you didn't expect, try to be one of the last guys to sell into it, taking a small loss but living to trade on..
Same with the sell side..

I figured out how to do this on darkcoin before its first ever pump..
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
September 12, 2018, 10:06:29 PM
Your target is risky. The market is up and down everyday. No one can predict it. If the market's down many days, you'll lose and lose. Try to find another way. There are many way to be successful.
I'm seeing a very minimal risk on what he is doing,if you think SL/TP set to 1% is risky then it's better not do any trades at all..i don't beleive consistency in trading so lose and lose or win and win won't happen all the time..

Any suggestions/improvements on this strategy always welcome.

your doing a good job controlling your greed,1% compounding daily could make you 300% profits in 4 to 6 months.but sometimes, try to take advantage of the market situation ,being greedy sometimes works.BTC was down from $6,400 to $6,160 the other day many alts crashed 15-20% and i think this is a good time to make an easy 5-7%.be greedy sometimes but not too much.
Activity: 196
September 12, 2018, 08:48:25 PM
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
September 12, 2018, 08:26:27 PM
You've got great stuffs going on here. I like the idea and it looks really good. Instead of focusing on big profits and getting rekt, take a lil bit of risk and make 1% daily? Sounds like a good plan. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see your progress. I might join in along the way. Keep it up man. Kudos.

indeed, for novice players, they should not be carried away by emotion to get big profits, I like safe trading even though the smallest business profits can continue, because cryptocurrency prices are currently unpredictable, to get a high price increase for now is still difficult, so it is true that we only sell from day to day always monitoring prices so that we avoid many losses.
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
September 12, 2018, 08:13:35 PM
It's easier to predict a moon shot with social signals than TA.

Making 1% is great for people who have tons of funds. It's not so great for people with less capital.
Activity: 182
September 12, 2018, 04:57:22 PM
I would say that you have had a good and nice experience you had with day trading but it is best not to trade in a constant bear market as you can lose your money day trading in this season
September 12, 2018, 02:39:52 PM
In a bear market it takes a lot to moon.

But yeah 1% a day when compounded is huge.

Patience and perseverance is the key.

Exactly - and if I don't trade on a particular day I don't stress about it.

Today's TRX trade went well. 275 to 280 sats. 1.67% after fees. Happy man!
September 12, 2018, 02:38:09 PM
oh, you are an altcoin day trader? 1% profit for me is just small profit, considering the fees for every transactions. Anyhow, nice learning about depth chart. I have seen you have a great result on your trading. I may follow your step but I guess I am still suffering from restraining myself and self-confidence.

You should come and say hello - would be great to talk you through.

I should have been clear - the 1% is after fees (that is my aim). So 1.3% is really the goal on Binance to allow for the buy and sell.
Activity: 952
Merit: 166
September 12, 2018, 11:43:26 AM
In a bear market it takes a lot to moon.

But yeah 1% a day when compounded is huge.

Patience and perseverance is the key.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 10:21:13 AM
Hi

I wanted to write a small piece about my experience day-trading since I switched my focus from moon shots and started listening to the folks at Voodoo Crypto: https://discord.gg/BN9P2tk

Moon shots are great - who doesn't love making 10, 20, 50%+ on a single trade. But over time this just isn't going to work unless you have the best TA or insider info.

Instead, I've more recently been learning about day trading based on depth chart analysis. Picking coins with huge order books (+100 BTC buy/sell) and huge volume (+1,000 BTC in 24hrs) to avoid the manipulation from whales - getting the charts assessed by the team and trading off the fluctuations.

My aim is to make 1% in a day - that's super easy, especially with indicators suggesting which way the price will ebb and flow. An example chart is in the image below (it's ADA so don't hurt me if it isn't your favourite Cheesy but it is the first one I grabbed, coins vary depending on what satisfies the criteria):

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/457359982346633227/488851698664734721/unknown.png

I would put an order in for the easy buy range and sell when it hits yellow. Keep stop losses tight (1%) to avoid getting burned.

I now aim for 1% in a day and once I achieve that I'm done - come back tomorrow and do it all again. Compounded it adds up quickly, hopefully this time next year I'll have made a good decision.

Come and see the free charts in the discord above and say hello. Any suggestions/improvements on this strategy always welcome.

1% daily is a good way to earn but with the help of other people or other people doing the trade, I would prefer not to do it. It's better to trade based on what I personally observed in the market than letting other people trade for me. Also it is a helpful tips you you shared in the community.

the greatest decision, not to let other people trade for you and take decisions on your side only.
1% a day is good profit though many of us came here to make 1% per minute, right?
that's really pity thing
Activity: 82
September 12, 2018, 10:16:34 AM
oh, you are an altcoin day trader? 1% profit for me is just small profit, considering the fees for every transactions. Anyhow, nice learning about depth chart. I have seen you have a great result on your trading. I may follow your step but I guess I am still suffering from restraining myself and self-confidence.

I'll give you Compound interest example:
Let's say you start with 1000$
You're making 2% daily
you reinvest 70% and withdraw 30%
for a course of 365 days

Now visit http://compoundaily.com/ and enter those numbers and see the results:
Summary:
    You started with an investment of: $1,000.00 on Tue, Sep 4, 2018
    Your principal amount grew to: $159,904.22 by Wed, Sep 4, 2019
    Your total cash withdrawals were: $68,102.01 over the course of 365 days
    Your total NET profit for the 365-day period was $227,006.23 (22,700.62%)
Activity: 1820
Merit: 418
Telegram: @worldofcoinss
September 12, 2018, 08:22:27 AM
In my opinion there are many people who are currently thinking if Bitcoin will ever reach near 10k. The future asbit looks at the moment seems bleak and this may just be a passing trend Huh
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
September 12, 2018, 07:58:58 AM
Activity: 280
September 12, 2018, 02:57:11 AM
1% per day is a fairly high figure for those with large investments
Despite the volatility of the market I am not this number can stabilize or not profit by risk
Pages:
Jump to: