Pages:
Author

Topic: My Experince | Managers Are The Major Reasons Why Bounties Are Mis-Managed - page 2. (Read 705 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 7
-snip

There are thousands of participants of Bounty not on BT.
The platform for which the ICO is being carried out is not the issue, if people claim that BM does not do research before promoting the project, why are those ones that promoted the project still getting scammed. BM are not Gods to know the heart of the developers, they only base their support on research too which many of us does.

I won't reveal anymore. Are you a Bounty Manager? How come you claim to know so much about things you aren't sure of. Even a dump Manager knows a project that will fail or not. As a Manager, we know everything!
I only intend to see the performance of your team and will see if the bounty that you handle is a bounty that is truly real and will provide a lot of income to the bounty hunter who joins

That's a valid point. If you visit their website, you'll immediately notice this "Get Paid In BTC, ETH, TBY Or The Project Token" so I guess it's not a bad thing to try and see it for yourself. Expect to get paid but don't expect to get a lot of income, that still depends on the open market.

Yes! the major goal is for people to be paid no matter how little, they must be paid!
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
Very interesting fact. Based on your experience, i think we should choose bounty with only trustful manager.
if TeamBounty have a strict standard like that, the communities will join TeamBounty to participate on the campaigns.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
So, If a bounty manager be like an honest man then scam ICO bounty never will come in this forum!

Wrong assumption.  You think bounty managers are owner of the project.  All the decision come from the person who will pay not the one who will get paid.  I have seen several good bounty manager that have at least got issue with the bounty reward.  Remember bounty managers are hired just like us, anyway, the title is misleading to the content to the point that OP point the scam are made by the bounty manager themselves.  I would agree about the mis-management of the bounty including calculation,  on time updates and the choice of participants, but payments?  I think they do not have any power on that.  And take note, bounty managers are the Main reason why bounties are Mis-managed since they are the one managing it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
I only intend to see the performance of your team and will see if the bounty that you handle is a bounty that is truly real and will provide a lot of income to the bounty hunter who joins

That's a valid point. If you visit their website, you'll immediately notice this "Get Paid In BTC, ETH, TBY Or The Project Token" so I guess it's not a bad thing to try and see it for yourself. Expect to get paid but don't expect to get a lot of income, that still depends on the open market.
Activity: 994
Merit: 100
Activity: 406
Merit: 5
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
This post has highlighted some deep opinions I share.. Some bounty managers have failed lately e.g the bounty manager of the vanta bounty.. The fact that most of such bounty managers no longer fight the cause of bounty hunters but rather stand alongside this developers is a shame. I hope your platform bring a more reliable and refreshing approach to hosting bounties.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
-snip

Are we talking about the platform here or the project itself, does the platform you are referring them too guarantees that they will not be scammed too, BT is not the issue here, this is a personal issue by some BM and not even all, we have lots of BM that are strictly known for very quality projects and even with that, those projects still end up getting dump and crashing.

The platform for which the ICO is being carried out is not the issue, if people claim that BM does not do research before promoting the project, why are those ones that promoted the project still getting scammed. BM are not Gods to know the heart of the developers, they only base their support on research too which many of us does.
Unfortunately you have stated the truth about what is going on with campaigns this day's, some bounty managers are only interested in what they will get and not the rest of the participants in their bounty, most times participants do the work of bm by digging deep about that project to see if there are really genuine or not,
If bm refuses to do a proper research on a project before accepting to work with them, it is very likely the participants will be at the receiving end. I hope some bm will take advantage of this right up and actually do their job and represent hunters better.

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Very well said! I agree with you, Managers should take proper research and study before accepting any project to promote. However, I cannot blame other managers too, as they accept the project for their own financial needs.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
I quite agree with this post. Most time the bounty campaign managers have a very poor communication with the real team. They hardly even know them, and as such the terms of the campaigns are never adhered to.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Bounty managers play an important role but in many cases nothing depends on them. Very often, the BMs are not paid either and they are helpless if the project team want to scam the hunters and their investors.

I do agree that bounty managers are significant in ensuring the payment for their bounty hunters. If a particular manager is also doing his job, investigating the background of the project and researching about it, and not only about the money that he will be receiving, then less fraudulent activities will happen. I know a particular BM that if in case something goes wrong with his campaign, he will extend his services by paying those hunters from his own pocket. But of course, that's very rare. I just hope that BMs are more careful in accepting projects.
Activity: 485
Merit: 12
$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/
Bounty managers play an important role but in many cases nothing depends on them. Very often, the BMs are not paid either and they are helpless if the project team want to scam the hunters and their investors.
Activity: 812
Merit: 114
You are almost 100% right on this topic! Bounty managers are doesn't care about the hunters, I have seen many big rank bounty manager who never cared about the hunter's work and brought lots of shit, scam ICO! For a good example, I can mention the tokensuite team, though they have already vanished from this forum!
So, If a bounty manager be like an honest man then scam ICO bounty never will come in this forum!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
we can confidently tell you that Bounty Managers are the major reason for the scam ICOs out there and even the failed campaigns.
Bounty managers are not reason for the scam but they are promoting scam project. That means project scam from beginning but bounty managers don't know about it. But its true most of bounty manager are not enough hunter friendly. They just think about themselves and about their payment. I believe even they are not bothering to read whitepaper and they aren't searching the team is real of fake. So obviously we can say bounty manager is responsible to promote scam project instead of called them reason.
The problem with them is that they promote some of these scam project without having any bad intention, the industry is just one that many people come in to grasp one or two things that will quickly give them money and take advantage of making use of the opportunity right in front of them without considering if it will hurt people or not.

But, one thing I know is that we still have lots of bounty managers that will strictly verify a project before accepting to promote it, so what I usually do too is to stick with a particular manager that I am sure promotes very reliable ICOs irrespective of the mouthwatering offers from other ones.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
very good thinking and I will see you in the future and if it is proven successful bounty then I will be faithful to be your follower, now back to proof not just bullshit
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
Well, I applaud your clever advertisement.
Essentially, you are advertising your platform and trying to make yourselves look legitimate.

But, you do point out some really good things that a lot of people aren't aware about.
One of the major problems with crypto investors is they don't bother to network.
It's a lot of people individually doing "research" and investing on their own.
This is crazy.
Networking is at the core to any successful financial venture.

If you networked you would get in touch with bounty managers and ICO devs.
You would be able to get real information as to how these things are run.
This will help you steer clear from what is obviously greedy, scammy business practices.

and yeah, I guess a platform like yours could help ; )
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
The OP raised valid and veritable facts in their first post but I doubt if many here will believe it seeing that the rank is Junior. I have observed this a long time ago and that is why I stick to only reputable managers with high Trust score whenever I engage in any bounty campaign (this is where we have this problem). I think everyone should do this to dry up the baits of these unscrupulous and coniving managers who are only interested in what share of existing coins for payment they get out of the negotiations and not about unsuspecting bounty hunters.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 640
I am glad you guys came up with the idea to sanitize the ICO projects of bad ones but we can’t completely put the blame on bounty managers, they are just doing their work and what they are being paid for, the only thing I would implore them to always do is to make sure every project they accept to manage must be a verified ones, since they have accept to manage such project, they should be able to stand as guarantee for the project to investors by scrutinizing the project before promoting it.

We bounty hunters too do same as them, we promote them despite the fact that we know that some of them are in for the money and they don’t have any good product to show for their projects.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
Unfortunately you have stated the truth about what is going on with campaigns this day's, some bounty managers are only interested in what they will get and not the rest of the participants in their bounty, most times participants do the work of bm by digging deep about that project to see if there are really genuine or not,
If bm refuses to do a proper research on a project before accepting to work with them, it is very likely the participants will be at the receiving end. I hope some bm will take advantage of this right up and actually do their job and represent hunters better.
You are right, and then what assurance do we have that he is not also trying to twist the brain of forum users to believe in his project which might equally be a very good strategy to scam people because the main blame for failed project should really be on the project team which fails to manage their project well or investors who end up dumping the coin and not bounty manager who has no idea of changes that might occur in the future of the project, as at the point the bounty manager shows interest in the project, it might have looked promising to him without having any idea of what future holds for it.
Pages:
Jump to: