Pages:
Author

Topic: My first Crypto Meeting - page 2. (Read 454 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 24
Help the victim scammed by ColdKey
October 31, 2021, 08:06:58 AM
It's nice to have your first meeting, for sure you learned a lot. I was once invited into a meeting before about Forex trading but I use the strategy on crypto trading which really help me gain more profits and the crypto meeting I attended was online meeting.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701
October 31, 2021, 07:58:12 AM
I don't know if the picture is new or old <…>
Well the OP does mention that he recently attended the event. The following links provide further information (and similar pictures) on the event held in Port Harcourt (Nigeria), and the on-going tour itself around various African cities:

https://blockbuild.africa/ftx-ftxportharcourt-crypto-education-africa/
https://twitter.com/hashtag/FTXPortHarcourt
https://twitter.com/sesedey/status/1450145451957706757/photo/1

The latter image displays the main spokespersons during the event.

The pictures are recent precisely 23rd October 2021. I took them myself from where I was sitting. Frankly Nigerians aren't as concerned as other countries when it comes to Covid-19 IMO. The cases here have reduced significantly and many believe the virus is gone, and they just want to carry on with thier normal lives.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
October 31, 2021, 07:39:31 AM
It is very heartening to see that now people are being made aware of crypto from place to place. Its seminars are being held from place to place. More and more people are showing their interest. I have come across restaurants in my city that have named their special dishes with crypto coins. Such as bitcoin platter, ethereum lemonade, litecoin roll etc. It is very enjoyable to taste such food. There is also a sense of awareness when someone sitting at the front or your table orders that he want a bitcoin platter.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
October 31, 2021, 05:15:42 AM
I don't know if the picture is new or old <…>
Well the OP does mention that he recently attended the event. The following links provide further information (and similar pictures) on the event held in Port Harcourt (Nigeria), and the on-going tour itself around various African cities:

https://blockbuild.africa/ftx-ftxportharcourt-crypto-education-africa/
https://twitter.com/hashtag/FTXPortHarcourt
https://twitter.com/sesedey/status/1450145451957706757/photo/1

The latter image displays the main spokespersons during the event.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
October 30, 2021, 07:58:33 PM
I don't know if the picture is new or old since I don't see any signs of facemask that should represent as happening this year or so. Grin But whatever, the most important part of attending this kind of meeting is to learn to explore or expand your knowledge in crypto. Gaining knowledge from the people who knows a lot of crypto will help you in the future and what you have learned is indeed helpful especially the basic parts of learning before investing or making profit.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1268
Life's but a walking shadow!
October 30, 2021, 05:53:40 PM
This is a serious step forward towards mass adoption and recognition of crypto. People on the forum complain about why people don't get into crypto, but without educating, talking about it, and even mentoring new adopters, things will just not move anywhere. People might not like this, but those 4 points are really important for the future of crypto.
You have a point there, but tbh, talking to non-bitcoin people about Bitcoin can be actually very strenuous, there are quite a lot of erroneous ideas about Bitcoin all over the news, internet and media, thus many of this ideologies have been taken in by people hook, line and sinker, as such it becomes almost impossible to educate them on what Bitcoin actually is and how to safely use it, that's the reason why most times I actually don't blame people who try not to talk too much to people about Bitcoin. But having said that, it's always great to educate people about the network if you do have the time and zeal to do so, cause quite a lot of us came into the network cause someone took out time to explain Its benefits to us, thus repaying the favor to someone else isn't a bad idea at all.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
October 30, 2021, 03:58:37 PM
~
I don't really agree on some part in #3. Even mentorship alone ain't going to lead you really far, as well as what you previously mentioned (books and all those resources online). You need a real experience for that and mentorship itself won't really cut it, so I disagree about that.
I learned day trading just by watching Youtube videos, and I learned about Bollinger Bands and RSI without any mentorship. I just kind of screwed up as a newbie, but it was enough for me to get started.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 532
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
October 30, 2021, 10:40:10 AM

I still remember my first time go to crypto need to be captcha typer solve around 19,000 capcha everyday with around more than 12+ hour and at that's time I was 15-16 on highschool. I used the money earning from the internet to try investing and until now reached the point I got.

19,000 reCAPTCHAs a day? I'm surprised if Google didn't manage to blacklist your IP back then after so many solvings Grin
Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
October 30, 2021, 10:23:14 AM
The seminar was worth your time likewise me I belong to a crypto team outside the forum where we discuss lots of things ranging from learning, earning then mentorship which is the most paramount because the market analysis isn't meant to be done In complete isolation from my team
Activity: 672
Merit: 16
October 30, 2021, 04:28:43 AM
It's wonderful. This is a good atmosphere we ought to see ourselves in , giving our time to things like this we benefit in the cryptocurrency  race . This is very impressive , if you continue like  it will be of good.. when go out like this the good information  that was passed it also good to put it in practice so as to yield results so that time wasted in learning won't be in vain.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
October 30, 2021, 02:07:25 AM
That's great! You attend the crypto meets and have a word with like minded people's to know about their views point and share with them.Moreover some experts giving lecture about the latest crypto trends and exchange of knowledge through these types of seminars is amazing and want to be the part of them if ever get a chance to go there.They will also create some awareness among local that crypto is not what is being portrayed and will be very useful for them in coming time.A well sponsored event from the rising crypto exchange FTX and SBF is taking some really good initiatives to boost the market for his exchange as well market also.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 574
October 30, 2021, 12:20:23 AM
It is a good step to introduce crypto among people in your city and I hope many seminars like that will open in your city and attract people's attention to come and know about crypto.
People will have their enthusiasm to know more about crypto because they will see a new thing in the investment and making money from crypto and that can help them make money in a new way.
Maybe they can ask for another sponsorship from the others who are interested in crypto to invite more people to learn crypto together. If that succeeds, it will boost your city's crypto popularity and spread to the next city in your country.
Congratulations on $200, you deserve that and hopefully, you can use that $200 with the right.
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
October 29, 2021, 10:45:30 PM
Good to see is sponsorship from FTX, and you're not attending a Ponzi seminar with cryptocurrency method. Since most of them is targeting non-crypto user for the Ponzi scheme who doesn't understand anything about crypto and that's the reason why they targeting non-crypto user because is fish to be a victim. Any plan for your next step?

I still remember my first time go to crypto need to be captcha typer solve around 19,000 capcha everyday with around more than 12+ hour and at that's time I was 15-16 on highschool. I used the money earning from the internet to try investing and until now reached the point I got.

well yes you true  Grin there is multi level marketing also on seminar, the ads will say earn a hunder dollar in an hour or day.

and i also i do what u do back 2014 ago solving chapta and click on internet faucet everyday  Grin

and to be honest i want to see crypto seminar on high school or university  Cool would be great if everyone know about crypto right
Activity: 840
Merit: 23
October 29, 2021, 07:02:23 PM
Well, i have been hearing of diverse outreach all over the states and always hoping to get in touch with an opportunity to learn and know much about bitcoin but i never had a luck.!
In most cases like mine, i never had a chance to be mentored until now,i logged on to the web and got a handful of informations about bitcoin,block chains,nodes,mining processes,merkle trees etc.
It wasn't that easy though,i got a vivid understanding when i joined the forum   
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
October 29, 2021, 03:34:17 PM
This is a serious step forward towards mass adoption and recognition of crypto. People on the forum complain about why people don't get into crypto, but without educating, talking about it, and even mentoring new adopters, things will just not move anywhere. People might not like this, but those 4 points are really important for the future of crypto.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
October 29, 2021, 02:21:42 PM
Seems many people have joined in this seminar. Feeling good after seeing this seminar footage. I would love to join this kind of seminar to learn more about cryptocurrency. Whatever I learn it's just by myself over the Internet. But sadly my country strictly prevents the use of cryptocurrency.

This kind of seminar isn't just helping to learn about cryptocurrency but also helping cryptocurrency adaption directly. More and more people would be educated in this way about cryptocurrency. Hope you learn a few good things from there.

If there aren't any seminars at least in neighboring cities, maybe it's a sign that you should probably start one. Wink Assuming that you can afford taking the risk, of course. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of reputable people in the bitcoin space to speak in sort of lower-end conferences. Probably not the likes of Tone Vays, Andreas Antonopoulos, and the Blockstream peeps of course, as they'd probably be too expensive to hire.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Signature Space For Rent
October 29, 2021, 02:10:52 PM
Seems many people have joined in this seminar. Feeling good after seeing this seminar footage. I would love to join this kind of seminar to learn more about cryptocurrency. Whatever I learn it's just by myself over the Internet. But sadly my country strictly prevents the use of cryptocurrency.

This kind of seminar isn't just helping to learn about cryptocurrency but also helping cryptocurrency adaption directly. More and more people would be educated in this way about cryptocurrency. Hope you learn a few good things from there.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
October 29, 2021, 12:23:11 PM
Ahh, the seminars and crypto meetups. I've missed them and attended a few of them before the pandemic hits.

The First three letters of crypto are “CRY”...that was meant to be funny  Grin
That's actually funny and for the years that I've been with the crypto market, I've never thought of this joke anyway.  Cheesy

Good thing that in your city, gatherings like this is already allowed and it seems that there's no need for mask and things are likely back there.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
October 29, 2021, 11:25:38 AM
In my beloved country Philippines, we’re still not yet allowed mass gatherings of any kind even if it’s seminars, meetings, etc., about cryptocurrencies (even if it’s just a small crowd). Hopefully one day when we reach herd immunity and mass gatherings would resume, I would not hesitate to attend or host a crypto meeting here in my hometown.
Exactly, I remember before when the pandemic begin there was a conference here in my town and that was sponsored by Forex trading if I'm not mistaken and there are a lot more and I have heard Binance too but that was on the NCR which is far away on my location.  Hopefully, we're back to normal so that we can attend crypto meetings like this.

I wonder why on the image there are none of them wearing masks or any protective gear.  Is your place is covid free now?

2. Learning before earning:
This is a must when people embrace crypto, we should learn first before aiming for profit.  It's easy for you to understand and protect your asset once you're knowledgeable enough.  I hope every community will conduct a meeting like this and also in your place when the pandemic has totally vanished and back to a normal operations like mass gatherings.
Activity: 126
Merit: 128
October 29, 2021, 09:44:16 AM

Yesterday, I attended a crypto seminar in my city.  I knew I had to be there to increase my knowledge about cryptocurrency. There were popular crypto traders present as speakers, there was an interactive section where we were given the opportunity to ask questions. Afterwards we had dinner with the speakers. I got the opportunity to have a close look on what it means to be a crypto trader or investor. I won $200 for being the most interactive person in the room. These are some of the points I went home with
1.Identify with a community: I am glad I have bitcointalk forum.  I would not know this things I do now without the forum. We live in an age of Google, YouTube videos and tiktok where everyone is a professional. I guarantee you the quality of information dispensed here on a daily is incredible. When you come to a community such as this. You don’t have to ask stupid questions the first thing is to carefully read through the threads. Understand the subject being discussed before asking questions. Every community has its rules, try and be conversant with those rules so you don’t get kicked out. I'm happy to be here I would not have made that $200 if I wasn't a member of this community.
2. Learning before earning: This is one point that stuck. Making money has always been the goal. It is very convenient to forget that there is a process to achieving  that goal. You have to be aware of activities happening in the crypto industry.
3. Mentorship is important: There is a old saying where I am from "if you have a father you will fly farther" that means you will fly on their wings. Mentorship is essential for you to learn crypto trading. A mentor gives you experience. I know we are in a digital era where you can learn trading courses online and read books about cryptocurrency. That alone cannot gauarantee success. Mentorship is the shortest cut to success you need to differentiate the hype from the value. You have to aware of activities in the crypto space. Know the real from the fake. This is something you learn from experience. You must learn to differentiate the value from the hype. There are lots of so called successful traders online and offline. You will be shocked to find they have nothing to offer.
4. Consistency:There are days crypto will slap you in the face. The First three letters of crypto are “CRY”...that was meant to be funny  Grin There is so much in the crypto industry defi, Nft, blockchain technology, investments, blogging. You have to choose an area to focus on and be the best in that field. Consistency is very important you can’t be a crypto investor by day and pessimist by night. Believe in yourself and what you do

This is impressive and encouraging for your bold step taken in seeking more knowledge acquisition in Cryptocurrency, i will also advise you to hold on to it and also impact on others who are below you, you've soughted out for the best asset which could help your crypto career and am wishing you all the best and Congratulations on your winning of $200 its really a sign of good beggining and your presence was felt.
Pages:
Jump to: