Pages:
Author

Topic: My first crypto purchases, how bad am I doing? - page 2. (Read 174 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 2
Thanks for the feedback.

I have been making imaginary buys ( writing the buy in amount on a spreadsheet ) and then Imaginary sells when the price of that coin reaches what I feel is the peak for that day. So far no losses, and a few days with 500-1000 gains on BTC speculating.

I could safely deposit 10k on coinbase right now, and as much as I would like to I will start with 1k in 250$ increments.

I do agree that having one Neo is gonna suck when it goes up, I also know picking a few Alts is a solid bet... But there is that new investor part of me that wants to bet on every horse in the race... LOL!

Fortunately buying in low and HODL is looking like a pretty good strategy for the immediate future. I have been waiting on a "crash or correction" to get my feet wet. If I would have waited until yesterday I could have snagged BTC at 8005.31 instead of the initial $8,959.56 per BTC I entered the market at.

With a little patience and practice I hope to do well. The one thing I will never do is sell at a loss. I could loose every penny and it would not effect my daily finances.

I guess thats why they say never invest what you cant afford to loose.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Nice start man!

I wouldn't buy too many different coins when you start. Something like 1 NEO or 2 BNB is kinda hard to make a nice return on. Even when it rises 100%, you've only made a few dollars. Perhaps have a look at the top 40 coins on CoinMarketCap and the top 20 tokens. Pick 2 or 3 that you really like, research the project and team. Then invest some money in those and hold them for the long run.

The other side is trading. You can put some money aside and try to speculate a bit. Learn how to read the charts, open a free account on TradingView and watch a few YouTubes (there are a lot of cryptotraders out there with great tips). Don't put everything on one coin when you trade, try not to spend more than about 20% on one coin. I think Binance is a great exchange (see my signature).

Most important of all: don't use money that you are not willing to lose. Investing / trading in crypto is risky!
Activity: 9
Merit: 2
Hello!

Today was my first day on the Crypto Market. I am new to CoinBase so I had to wait for funds to transfer from my bank to BTC. Ideally I ant to get 2 BTC as the price drops, then hold onto one and have one to sell/buy as the market fluctuates.

I decided to jump on a few alt coins, here is my day one portfolio:

TRON 2,000
NCASHNucleus Vision 500
XRP Ripple 94
ICX ICON 25
BNB Binance Coin 2
NEO NEO 1

If the hype behind Tron is true and it does rise at the end of march I will sell most of it off, I feel like its more hype than actual tech.
NCASH, ICON and NEO I plan on holding and feel confident about the tech and partnerships.

I dont know much about ripple, and Binance coin is just for fees ( brilliant for an exchange to give an incentive to buy its coin though ).

I do want Litecoin and ETH, and I really like Oyster/PRL but I am not interested in using another exchange just yet.

I put around 300$ in today, My initial investment will be 700$ more and then 50-100$ a week. I am paying off my condo next month, both my cars are paid for and I have no bills besides a 300$ HOA fee, auto insurance, Prepaid cell and gas and groceries. My GF pays everything else.

Any suggestions? I have been lurking these forums forever.
Pages:
Jump to: