Pages:
Author

Topic: My first time using a Bitcoin ATM - page 5. (Read 567 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
CoinPoker.com
October 18, 2021, 09:01:11 PM
So first off, I was asked a phone number for a verification code and then, I had to scan my Bitcoin address QR code. I then inserted 100$ of liquid money into the machine and recieved a notification on my phone telling me that the transaction went through successfully.
Wow, it looks very easy and comfortable.

But I am curious why they still need a phone number verification? What is the use of it?
As we all know Bitcoin is decentralized, anyone can send Bitcoin to our address without any requirements?

And for OP, how many estimated minutes did you received your Bitcoin to your wallet?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
October 18, 2021, 08:54:41 PM
Haven't tried buying on ATM myself but does it mean your wallet is somehow linked to your phone number?  Which BTC wallet?
copper member
Activity: 69
Merit: 49
cloak.su
October 18, 2021, 08:35:08 PM
Hello everyone, I am writing this post, because yesterday, was the first time I ever used a Bitcoin ATM machine. I will be talking about my experience in this post.

So first off, I was asked a phone number for a verification code and then, I had to scan my Bitcoin address QR code. I then inserted 100$ of liquid money into the machine and recieved a notification on my phone telling me that the transaction went through successfully.

I was very surprised because I didn't think that the proccess would be that fast. To be honest, I will definitly buy from Bitcoin ATM's in the future as I clearly see this as the safest and most anonymous way to buy Bitcoin.

Regards, excro  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: