Pages:
Author

Topic: My friend and I are thinking of mining Bitcoins.... - page 2. (Read 1970 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I'd like to point out that the ops Username is clearly misleading. lol
Haha!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
I'd like to point out that the ops Username is clearly misleading. lol

S9, maybe S7 as in Canada you can use the heat to supplement your heating, if you can put it away where it won't be heard.
But they are all loud, since the S3 Sad
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
If you really want to earn in mining bitcoin go to the hingest and new release of antminer hardware s9 it can recover your capital in few months and gets profit. but we do not know how long that the difficulty stay the same honestly the difficulty is keep rising so s7 is not enough and i think it will gradually turn into none profitable so if you really want to make profitable investment better to buy s9 or avalon 7..
The S5 is most likely useless unless you just want to buy it to learn (cheaply). The S7 will be small profits but an s9 or Avalon7 are the way to go right now. Of course that means more money upfront. At that rate it'll be ok most of the time to mine but that would depend on where the difficulty goes over the next months/years.

Check any calculator out. Here's one http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator
Thanks! We don't have a crazy budget.... thats the issue. With the S7 on the calculator we would be making $2.36 CAD a day in profit - Do I even bother? (Note: I am new to Bitcoins and to me, hey- thats not too bad)
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
The S5 is most likely useless unless you just want to buy it to learn (cheaply). The S7 will be small profits but an s9 or Avalon7 are the way to go right now. Of course that means more money upfront. At that rate it'll be ok most of the time to mine but that would depend on where the difficulty goes over the next months/years.

Check any calculator out. Here's one http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator
Hello,

My friend and I are thinking of mining Bitcoins. I am looking for advice, tips, or anything else that I can use. I have been looking on my local sales site and I found a AntMiner S5 (with PSU and cables) for $150 CAD (Prices are in Canadian Dollars, because.. well.. I live in Canada.) Our energy costs are $0.0571/kWh ($0.04 USD) - Which is quite cheap. Anyway. Can the S5 even make us any kind of profit? I also found a AntMiner S7 for $350 CAD - It doesn't say if there is a PSU and/or cables included. I have sent an email - ill keep you updated.

For now, is it even worth trying to mine?
Pages:
Jump to: