Pages:
Author

Topic: My friend passed away and he have Bitcoin in his wallet - page 5. (Read 700 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
I feel sorry about your friend who passed away. You should be really telling your friend's parents about his funds in his bitcoin wallet because they could use it as their savings. So I think the best way to say to your friend's parents about his funds and teach them how to access it, while you are away is by showing them where your friend possibly hid his private keys if it is in his computer or email accounts, and you can explain to them how to open his wallet by making a video call which you will set an example on how you can open your bitcoin wallet.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
You must share that, I'm sure his parent will be able to recover the asset. But I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to share with another of your friends as you know whoever have the private key, seed key, are the owner of the funds. Hence, it has risk sharing with some other people than his parent.
If you share with his parent, ask them not to do some silly mistake which may have to pay off later.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
So do you guys think it's a good idea to tell his parents about it ? To search of they find some twelve words it's a key to some hisen coins ? Or what do you guys think?
Certainly you need to give this news that he might have some crypto and suggest them the clues you can think of if you are really sure that he has bitcoins. Sorry to hear the news of your friend's passed away. RIP.
Activity: 105
Merit: 6
Hi
It's a bit strange topic and situation so a friend of mine passed away in a traffic accident and I'm sure he have big amount of saved bitcoins in his wallet or wallets.
His parents a bit old school and they know nothing about technology or Bitcoin
So I want to tell his parents about it as probably his private keys is saved in his personal PC or email or his phone or some paper
And no I cannot go to meet them as I'm in another country now but I have his father's phone and another friend of mine living close to them

So do you guys think it's a good idea to tell his parents about it ? To search of they find some twelve words it's a key to some hisen coins ? Or what do you guys think?
Pages:
Jump to: