Pages:
Author

Topic: my hold coins for the coming years - page 4. (Read 900 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Go Big or Go Home
February 05, 2018, 07:03:23 AM
Its kinda weird that NEO, ICX and Ether are not in your list.
Activity: 266
Merit: 60
February 05, 2018, 05:57:26 AM
Too many coins and too many shitcoins, half of that list will be worth less in 2 years than 6 months from now.

This idea of just holding and holding doesn't work, you need to sell at peaks with shitcoins, even top 10 over 2 years is way too hard to predict.
Activity: 238
Merit: 112
February 05, 2018, 04:30:15 AM
The question is how much did you put into each coin? Are all of them divided equally or some coins got more share than the others? Because in your portfolio, there are some just hyped coins and only few that has the great potential so I hope you did that. Among the rest are the verges and waves. You definitely will have enough for the first time.
Until right now, I only hold two cryptocurrencies in my pockets. I only hold Bitcoin and Ethereum because that is what I get paid for from Signature Campaign and Bounty in this forum. I cannot afford to buy any cryptocurrency, not because I do not have the money, but because I am to afraid to buy. I only use my side jobs to collect money for investments. But in that way, I think it is already a good thing for me. Even though I sometime get envy for those who are rich and can invest anytime and any amount they want. And actually, I want to invest in Litecoin too. I always have faith in Litecoin that this crypto will go high in some long period of investment. But that is just my opinion.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
February 05, 2018, 03:24:06 AM
The question is how much did you put into each coin? Are all of them divided equally or some coins got more share than the others? Because in your portfolio, there are some just hyped coins and only few that has the great potential so I hope you did that.
Activity: 315
Merit: 100
February 05, 2018, 02:42:10 AM
I can not say for the entire list, but many shitcoins, many dead coins. I will suggest my own better if from the leaders of ripple, ether, dash, monero and possibly laitcoin. Among the rest are the verges and waves. You definitely will have enough for the first time.
Activity: 669
Merit: 520
February 05, 2018, 02:29:32 AM
In your list $XRB is the one  I like :-) most are unknown to me, I would say get some in three categories [ masternodes, decentralized exchanges, interoperability ] my picks are [ zcoin, zrx, wan ]
Activity: 439
Merit: 1
February 05, 2018, 01:32:23 AM
this is actually a separate portfolio. i dont have much into them just asking for an opinion. as for research. i have not done any of the white paper stuff. about 5-10 coins have gain 10,000% that are penny coins since the last year. most are privacy coins. I wanted to hold for 5 years. i plan to add more money into them actually. but not like go crazy. i know about the pump and dump happen all the time will shitcoins thats why ill hold for 5 years . but not sure if it will gain because the amount of money is so small.
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
February 04, 2018, 05:53:52 PM
There are many useless coins in this list. You should consider your list and hold lot less risky small coins cause 1. those coins will stall unless something superb happens 2. you won't catch better investments in nice projects.

Totally agree on that one. I guess the guy does not know even what each project is even about, he just hodl some coins hoping for some crazy pump. That's def. not the best strategy..
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
February 04, 2018, 02:19:11 PM
You must not diversify so much, 10-15 altcoin is enough. And there is a lot of unnecessary coin in your list, you can look monetha, oax, bnb and rlc for long term.
In my personal , 10-15 altcoins are too much because it costs your time to research about one altcoin to invest right ? So 10-15 altcoins make will cost much more time of you. So why not just put all your effort on a smaller number like 4-6 altcoins?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
February 04, 2018, 12:19:33 PM
I agree that you should probably have a shorter HODL list.  That being said the coins that do make that list should be more stable than some I see there.  You are right to diversify, but scale it down and choose quality coins.
Activity: 182
February 04, 2018, 11:36:28 AM
For the time being, I purchased my first token SOCIALMEDIA.MARKET. Token value is going to be upheld not only by transaction means within platform services, but also supported with the ability to participate in the decentralized dispute solution system gaining additional earnings for token holders.
Activity: 248
February 04, 2018, 11:35:14 AM
too many coins. concentrate of maybe 10-15 coins and invest in them. i have shortlisted 25 and now reducing my list to 10 or max 15.
Yes too many coins in the list so the best on this is always observe the price if you can. I cant handle so many coins like this because of tight schedule to do trading. Better lessen your coinsnyou hold if you cant monitor this in the market and the status of this project.
Activity: 243
February 04, 2018, 11:24:46 AM
too many coins. concentrate of maybe 10-15 coins and invest in them. i have shortlisted 25 and now reducing my list to 10 or max 15.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
February 04, 2018, 11:21:23 AM
You must not diversify so much, 10-15 altcoin is enough. And there is a lot of unnecessary coin in your list, you can look monetha, oax, bnb and rlc for long term.
Activity: 112
February 04, 2018, 11:05:29 AM
I Think as well that you have to many coins (off course you don't tell how much of them you have). If you have small amounts of them it is still OK.

I would invest most as well in 5 to 8 coins, but off course with this spread you might capture more big return coins, but as well more loss coins. Time will tell if it was good to do.
Activity: 112
Merit: 7
February 04, 2018, 10:49:38 AM
i think its a good strategy. this way i made x50 on some of my investments in only the last 6 months when ETH investors were only crying in tears every day.

your strategy is not optimized well enough tho. you are in some projects which already had massive x50 gains (or even much more). these projects will have it much harder to get x50 again since so many people are already in them.

especially spectre and onion are bad as people got millions of coins for free spamming it to bitcointalk. why would you pay for these coins? thats not smart.

i also think pivx is bad just because its at such a high market cap. you may get x2 or x3 if you are lucky but this way you cant really grow your portfolio to really large amounts.

Activity: 504
February 04, 2018, 10:30:32 AM
im holding onto these coins for a few years. not just for 1 year. tell me if there anything wrong with them. i dont have much money into them so yeah.
pepe
zoi
onion
html
xrb
kin
etn
pac
nlc2
linda
rdd
dgb
saga
hsr
pura
aby
hush
nav
xspec
inn
pivx
xmy
bay
grs
xst
cloak
xvg
xp
phr
xsh
crave
safex

I think you should sort out some coins because there are so many coins  that will have no future in the next couple of years. Some of that could be hyped in short term but if you are here for the long game you should think about your picks.
Activity: 714
February 04, 2018, 10:13:43 AM
You diversify your investment is good but you have more coins in your list that not worth holding. So many coins only few are profitable. Might as well choose coins to invest that has the potential to grow the value and they have a good project.
Activity: 1624
February 04, 2018, 10:12:37 AM
im holding onto these coins for a few years. not just for 1 year. tell me if there anything wrong with them. i dont have much money into them so yeah.
pepe
zoi
onion
html
xrb
kin
etn
pac
nlc2
linda
rdd
dgb
saga
hsr
pura
aby
hush
nav
xspec
inn
pivx
xmy
bay
grs
xst
cloak
xvg
xp
phr
xsh
crave
safex

In my opinion serious traders are looking for potential coins withholding other ones. I already bought a few less known coin/tokens because pump dump is biggest enemy of coin holders. P/d causes big waves on my portfolio balance. So diversify your portfolio in order not to get affected this kind of trading activity. Xrp and other big market cap coins are serious threat for people who dont understand the theory of supply/demand philosophy.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
February 04, 2018, 10:07:25 AM
Some of them are shit coins, if i were you i will pick only the coins that has potential to grow up after years, project that updates about thier activities and the rest that you didnt pick sell them.
Pages:
Jump to: