Pages:
Author

Topic: My honest two questions to Royse777. - page 2. (Read 710 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 888
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
February 04, 2023, 04:05:59 PM
So what's the controvery here, exactly?  Is it that Royse777 isn't accepting people into his campaign based on neutral feedbacks from DT members?  I just want to make sure I'm following correctly. 

<...>

If this is about something different and I'm reading things wrong (always possible), somebody please school me on what the problem is here.

I believe it went something like this: Royse777 decided to accept members for the campaign even though they had neutral tags on their profiles. Later, he had an issue with selecting participants who had a neutral trust, so he informs the members that they had to clear certain neutral tags from their trust page if they wanted to remain in the campaign. As far as I know, it started with joker_josue and another member, as discussed in this thread. They were both accepted into the Sinbad mixer campaign, and after a week or two asked JollyGood to revise the neutrals on their profiles. JG wrote about it here.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The BSFL Sherrif 📛
February 04, 2023, 03:46:26 PM
So what's the controvery here, exactly?  Is it that Royse777 isn't accepting people into his campaign based on neutral feedbacks from DT members?  I just want to make sure I'm following correctly.  

In fact, he's doing the exact opposite, accepting members who have neutral feedbacks (which show that they're shitposters) and asking them to have it removed. If he cared so much about their neutral feedback, why did he hire them in the first place?

The neutral trust thing is a pretty bad thing to worry about IMO. Either don't hire those users or ask them to get it removed before hiring them. Don't add them and then request they get it removed.

that's key point. Don't hire someone if you are concerned about their reputation. He is defying his own rules.

My dear fellow IgeBotz, I think it's the decision of the Bounty manager as I don't know what are the basic criteria of the selection but obviously, it's based on the Merits earned and activity in my view also Reputation matters a lot. Still, I don't know why you are asking this question. In the rules, it's clearly mentioned by the manager

If reputation counts so much, he shouldn't have allowed shitposters with a legit neutral tags to join. like I said before its just an honest question my friend, no hard feelings.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1028
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
February 04, 2023, 03:45:15 PM
My dear fellow IgeBotz, I think it's the decision of the Bounty manager as I don't know what are the basic criteria of the selection but obviously, it's based on the Merits earned and activity in my view also Reputation matters a lot. Still, I don't know why you are asking this question. In the rules, it's clearly mentioned by the manager

For the rest of the questions or queries, I think Only the bounty manager can set up proper answers. 
legendary
Activity: 3556
Merit: 4191
February 04, 2023, 03:07:56 PM
In 2018 and years prior, the forum had a plethora of available campaign participants. It was nothing for me to fill 500 spots in a week with active forum posters. Now when filling campaigns, the number of decent active forum users is a lot smaller than it used to be. Now managers have to look at accepting less than average participants to fill a campaign IMO.

Should managers accept these poor posters and spammers? Probably not, but sometimes a person wants to look like they are competent. If you cannot fill a simple 20 person campaign with decent posters what good are you? I'm not saying royse is not doing their job, i'm just saying this is likely what goes through some managers minds.

The neutral trust thing is a pretty bad thing to worry about IMO. Either don't hire those users or ask them to get it removed before hiring them. Don't add them and then request they get it removed. These days it's very hard to get someone to change their trust. We all get stubborn with our opinions. Regardless, they're his/her rules so they have the right to use them, I just wouldn't.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
February 04, 2023, 03:04:47 PM
So what's the controvery here, exactly?  Is it that Royse777 isn't accepting people into his campaign based on neutral feedbacks from DT members?  I just want to make sure I'm following correctly. 

If that is indeed the case, I don't see anything wrong with what he's doing, and in fact I think it's a good thing that he's checking applicants' trust pages and noticing neutrals instead of just looking for red trust.  Actmyname and I tagged an enormous number of shitposters back in 2017-18, and we had to change all of them to neutral based on the community standards in the wake of the merit system being created.  That's one thing.  The spammers blacklist that he's got going shouldn't be dismissed so lightly, because he's a good judge of who's a shitposter and who's not.

If this is about something different and I'm reading things wrong (always possible), somebody please school me on what the problem is here.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1353
February 04, 2023, 02:09:42 PM
Recently, there was a similar discussion: "Members Asking For Neutral Trust To Be Removed". JollyGood responded to my query, stating that it was related to the sinbad.io campaign run by Royse777. It was claimed that he recruited members who had a neutral tag from certain DT members and later asked them to remove neutral ratings from their feedback pages.

As I previously commented in that thread, I have never witnessed such requirements from a bounty manager and I am not sure of its moral correctness. Every manager has the right to select participants in their campaigns, but they should not abuse their managerial position to sway the DT system.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The BSFL Sherrif 📛
February 04, 2023, 01:19:11 PM
It seems like a habit now that you always employ and ask shit posters who have the neutral tag to get rid of it, even though those individuals are high-level bounty spammers and shit posters, and there is only a 0.1% chance that they will get those tags removed by looking at their post history.

My questions;

1. Royse777 If you care about (DT), why do you always add tagged (shit posters) to your campaigns? Are you implying that these spammers cannot be replaced by any other individuals who are competent?

And

2. Why not just go ahead and work with them instead of asking them to get the tags removed if you think they are inappropriate? I'm curious.

If we're being honest, these users don't deserve even $1 from the crap they post on the Altcoin discussion, Bitcoin discussion and bounty board., but at the end of the day you are the manager and your decision is final.

Username: MFahad

Username: Sayeds56

Pages:
Jump to: