Pages:
Author

Topic: My innosilicon T3 arrived today, the pool settings will not update, solutions? - page 2. (Read 405 times)

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Glad to hear that and thanks for letting us know that Inno resolved the issue  Smiley
Activity: 55
Merit: 4
Final update

Received firmware from innosilicon. Working correctly

Smiley
Hello Brother,

I saw your post about Innosilicon, I just bought a new Innosilicon T2T 26Th.

It is my first time to try Innosilicon.

I feel a high temperature in my hand when I touch the device from the outside. I want to ask you, is your device also very hot from the outside? I am afraid of this heat, if it is normal or not. The temperature on miner state is normal around 70 C, but the cover is vey hot.

Because I were using Bitmain Antiminer T9 and it was not hot when I touch the cover from outside.

I look forward to hearing your kind reply.

Thank you.

Yes they are hot.. careful
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hello Brother,

I saw your post about Innosilicon, I just bought a new Innosilicon T2T 26Th.

It is my first time to try Innosilicon.

I feel a high temperature in my hand when I touch the device from the outside. I want to ask you, is your device also very hot from the outside? I am afraid of this heat, if it is normal or not. The temperature on miner state is normal around 70 C, but the cover is vey hot.

Because I were using Bitmain Antiminer T9 and it was not hot when I touch the cover from outside.

I look forward to hearing your kind reply.

Thank you.
Update:

They sent me some software to extract some data to send back to them. Them being Innosilicon.

I've extracted the data and sent it back to them.

They said they are giving the data to their engineer and will return to me a firmware that will fix the issue.

They also issued a mass email to all buyers of this batch, saying contact them if you recieved a miner with fixed settings.

I will report back once it is working correctly. Which I suspect will be any day now.

Ad frustrating as this issue has been they have very professional after sales and tech support.

As long as they get this machine running I would buy from them again

The 2 T2s I have running are great machines
I have docs link before for a complete set of firmware for innosilicon but I couldn't find it now.

I search a bit but it seems if your miner is in SOC version then it is a secured firmware that can't able to flash through SD/TF card.

So there's nothing we can do now other than sending it to someone who can repair hacked miners.

You can try to contact https://www.zeusbtc.com/

I really appreciate your time. Hopefully the manufacturer will give me a solution this evening.

I once bought a T2 and it came and ran for about 15 minutes and then quit working. They mailed me the parts to repair it and walked me through the repair.

I'm confident they will give me a solution based off my prior experience with them.

If not, that's about $3500 down the drain (including shipping and tariff)
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
I have docs link before for a complete set of firmware for innosilicon but I couldn't find it now.

I search a bit but it seems if your miner is in SOC version then it is a secured firmware that can't able to flash through SD/TF card.

So there's nothing we can do now other than sending it to someone who can repair hacked miners.

You can try to contact https://www.zeusbtc.com/

The controller says. "Soc"

That's all it says is soc, no numbers. I'm not in a place where I can post a screenshot.

I spoke to miner support about it being a hacked firmware. They said it isn't hacked but it is fixed.

Idk if that is semantics

They requested order info. Hopefully find a resolution here soon.

I also posted this info on Twitter and a very kind poolin executive reached out to me. Great team at that pool, will probably move my little bit of hashrate there.

Can you share the pool that you are trying to paste into your miner?
If it's only domain and port it will revert back to fixed settings you must paste a pool that started with stratum+tcp:// not only a domain and port.

Says the controller version is soc

Platform t3+_soc_20200710_054504
Could you make a overview screenshot?

I recently check their manual and it seems it's g19 controller look at this

If that's g19 the sd card firmware is still available on their download page.
legendary
Block halving is coming.
Can you share the pool that you are trying to paste into your miner?
If it's only domain and port it will revert back to fixed settings you must paste a pool that started with stratum+tcp:// not only a domain and port.

Could you make a overview screenshot?

I recently check their manual and it seems it's g19 controller look at this

If that's g19 the sd card firmware is still available on their download page.
Can you try to use the innosilicon management tool(InnoMonitor) you can download it from here https://www.innosilicon.com/html/support_en/tool.html

Then change your pool settings using that tool and let see if it will fix your issue.

If it doesn't work your last hope is to flash it through TF Card but I don't what exactly the hardware or controller version is. Can you check it on the dashboard if it is an a9 or g19 controller?

I downloaded that software and was having a hard time finding the option to switch it English.

And yes I'll report back with the data you asked for. I won't be back to my shop for another hour.

Ty so much for your time
legendary
Block halving is coming.
Can you try to use the innosilicon management tool(InnoMonitor) you can download it from here https://www.innosilicon.com/html/support_en/tool.html

Then change your pool settings using that tool and let see if it will fix your issue.

If it doesn't work your last hope is to flash it through TF Card but I don't what exactly the hardware or controller version is. Can you check it on the dashboard if it is an a9 or g19 controller?

Okay

I won't do it next time

I've only used this website a handful times

My fault
legendary
Ouch! Shocked
Oh btw, expect your posts about this in the other areas to be deleted by mods. Duplicate posts in multiple threads are not permitted.
No, it goes back to settings that are "fixed"

I have a picture of it

I found another thread on here from 2020 where someone was having the same problem.

It has to be hacked firmware. I've tried everything I could think of. Even updating the firmware.

I'll post the results when innosilicon gives me a solution.

I could understand if I bought from a 3rd party. But this is that refurbished batch they are selling on their website.

I've had another issue with a miner I bought from them. It cam broken and they fixed on their own dollar. So I'm assuming they will handle this in a similar fashion.

If it is hacked firmware I'm sure I'm not the only one who is going to deal with it.

Hopefully it is something I'm doing incorrectly. But I don't think so.

legendary
Even if it is locked on using poolin, can you at least change the worker name so you are earning the coin (after setting up a poolin act)? No matter what it is highly suspicious.
It's saying the it's using "fixed settings"

Has there been anyone that found a solution to this?

This is how it came from the manufacturer. There are no extra spaces or anything like that. I'm assuming it has hacked firmware.

Frustrating enough this is how it came.
The reason I came onto this board I am having a problem with the T3 and was hoping someone could help me find a solution.

The pool settings will not update. No matter what I try they won't update to my data. It goes back to the default settings which is directed at a poolin account. I did a master reset, nothing. I downloaded the newest firmware from their site, installed it. Same result.

I don't understand, it's like someone wrote their own program and it won't change. Has anyone experienced this or know what to do?

This batch is refurbished, so maybe someone messed with it. I have experience with asics. I've never had this happen.

Any suggestions?
Pages:
Jump to: