Pages:
Author

Topic: My latest adventures with GTX 1080 mining - page 2. (Read 606 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 6509
be constructive or S.T.F.U
December 23, 2018, 05:33:26 PM
So I have stayed with using CryptoDredge for my mining software. Software is very stable and easy to use. Spent a week trying different coins/wallets/pools. I really love the idea of zpool and wanted to make that work for my situation, but I find it just does not give me anyway to break even or get ahead. For coin selection - Bitcoin Diamond was the clear leader when it came to income. For pools I ended up choosing Minerscore (small but reasonable). If my current calculations are accurate I can mine roughly $1.40 of this coin each week. Hopefully the coin will appreciate over time as I expect, so that it is worth the time and effort. I hope this is helpful to someone getting started.

I was never a supporter of mining a coin that might MIGHT  increase value in the future.  the wise approach for mining would be to mine the coin that will give you the most reward in BTC or FIAT and then use the profit to buy the coin you like. doing so, you will get more of the coin rather than directly mining it. unless you want to support the the coin's network which does not make sense to me either  Grin.

Good luck and thanks for sharing the info.

Activity: 31
Merit: 2
December 23, 2018, 04:42:37 PM
So I have stayed with using CryptoDredge for my mining software. Software is very stable and easy to use. Spent a week trying different coins/wallets/pools. I really love the idea of zpool and wanted to make that work for my situation, but I find it just does not give me anyway to break even or get ahead. For coin selection - Bitcoin Diamond was the clear leader when it came to income. For pools I ended up choosing Minerscore (small but reasonable). If my current calculations are accurate I can mine roughly $1.40 of this coin each week. Hopefully the coin will appreciate over time as I expect, so that it is worth the time and effort. I hope this is helpful to someone getting started.
Pages:
Jump to: