Pages:
Author

Topic: My list of 44(+1) reviewed Bitcoin forks - page 4. (Read 19158 times)

Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
January 19, 2018, 07:20:44 AM
Missing satoshi's true vision there: bitcoin clashic. http://bitcoinclashic.org/

The website states they actually use Bitcoin Cash node software so I don't really see how this Bitcoin Clashic could possibly differ from Bitcoin Cash.

I'm certainly very interesting situation with the people who actually collects these forks of bitcoin,

Your Bitcoin private keys give you access to your coins on any and all Bitcoin forks, you don't have to do anything to "collect" them, you either already own them or you don't.

The most promising Bitcoin fork( hybrid ) is Bitcore (BTX)

Thanks, I added BTX, XLM and GBYTE into a new "Honorable mentions" section.
Activity: 15
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 05:24:50 AM
These forks are hilarious,getting these forks is insane,i wonder what these BTC developers  will do to these forked coins?to gain profits?
Well for me,these forkes arent really needed,because these doesnt resolved bitcoin's shortcomings ,as well as improvements doesnt make sense to our community.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 05:19:54 AM
The most promising Bitcoin fork( hybrid ) is Bitcore (BTX)
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
January 19, 2018, 04:24:07 AM
Missing satoshi's true vision there: bitcoin clashic. http://bitcoinclashic.org/
ROFL. Great stuff Cheesy. Something for everybody included, no matter if you can read, write, both or none of it  Cheesy
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
January 19, 2018, 03:17:03 AM
I'm certainly very interesting situation with the people who actually collects these forks of bitcoin, I have one question, do you really think that they will be able to take their place among all this chaos of coins that is already present on the market today? Do you really think so?
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
January 19, 2018, 02:18:10 AM

OMG! What are all these forks? What good is that? Speculation on the exchanges or what?

What are they good for? Easy. Increasing the number of bitcoins people have. Make sure to wait for the inevitable pump first before selling.
Activity: 490
Merit: 123
January 18, 2018, 06:15:43 PM
holly cow, newer thought  that bitcoin has so many forks
January 18, 2018, 05:29:22 PM
Any item worth to pursue on that list? Bitcoin Diamond perhaps? I think I saw that somewhere, but all the rest? Not worth to risk your real BTC. Which they probably target.

Of all these forks I am only interested in those that have published the source code (which should be everyone but isn't). I briefly review it, look at the changes they have made to see whether they leak my private keys and it also gives me some idea about what level of invention to expect from those developers (some code is really written horribly), then I compile it, fully sync the blockchain and run it. If you see a mention "seems to be working, seeing xxx nodes" that means I am actually running the node.

As for the private keys leak issue, in my case it's actually impossible anyway because I don't import my private keys, I simply reuse my Bitcoin wallet.dat where all the private keys are encrypted so there is nothing to leak. Only if I actually tried to make a transaction then the given private key would get decrypted and in danger but I have no desire to do that in any foreseeable future.

Which fork is worth pursuing that's a million dollar question, literally. It all comes down to how many bitcoins you have. Most people here have only a marginal amount so these forks are worthless to them, the whole world of cryptocurrencies is just a game to them. But if you have at least hundreds of bitcoins - worth of millions of dollars - then even the stupidest fork that is at 1% value right now is worth tens of thousands dollars, more than most people make in a whole year. That is if you wanted to sell it right now, which would be very unwise in my opinion as it's much better to miss this small immediate profit and see the fork vanish in the future than to sell for small profit now and then in the future watch in horror how the fork goes up and possibly even at the expense of the original bitcoin. If I keep the same amount of each fork coins as I have bitcoins then it doesn't matter to me which fork goes up, which goes down, how much they suck money from the original bitcoin, my cumulative balance is worth the same. But of course anyone is free to think and do whatever they want.

Another question is what does "pursuing a fork" actually mean. The safest (and in my opinion the best) thing to do regarding any fork is to do absolutely nothing, just ignore it. That way if the fork proves itself in the future you can always get back to it and start using your fork coins in some way. The only reason why I am running all those fork nodes is that I want to have an instant access to my fork coins, but I am not actually using those nodes in any way, nor making any transactions.

It's also worth noting that a possible success of the fork doesn't entirely depend of its actual quality but also on the timing (first-mover advantage). Compared to all the other forks BCH brings the least amount of innovation and yet its market capitalization far exceeds all the other forks combined simply because it was the very first fork. Also there is a noticeable decadence in the culture, so to speak. Remember the original Jeff Garzik's segwit2x fork that the authors cancelled out of fear of fragmenting the Bitcoin community? Then BTG came and over 20 other new forks were announced (including the segwit2x fork that some different people simply copy&pasted) and nobody is showing any considerate thought ever since.

Here is a screenshot of 12 full nodes I am currently running on my little lappie. In a few days I expect to add BCA, LBTC and BCP. They have very negligible cpu requirements, consume some 200-500 MB of memory each and require nearly no additional disk space since all the pre-fork data is identical and thus can be deduplicated.

Activity: 199
January 18, 2018, 04:22:48 PM
This forks can only delay the price of bitcoin to rise but it will never replace the original bitcoin. This will eventually fail just like bitcoin cash and other previous fork that tried to replace bitcoin. My guess is that it is part of  Operation Dragonslayer that eventually after many attempt.
Activity: 481
Merit: 256
January 18, 2018, 03:29:37 PM
You have collected a full information of bitcoin folks. But I don't think there is any benefit of making these forks. All these forks are just shitcoins now as people don't feel any excitement about it and don't even bother of moving their bitcoin to the private key wallet to take advantage of these forks as they are free at the time of forking.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 02:42:56 PM
Wow I had only heard of three forks out of that whole list.
January 18, 2018, 02:23:14 PM
Any item worth to pursue on that list? Bitcoin Diamond perhaps? I think I saw that somewhere, but all the rest? Not worth to risk your real BTC. Which they probably target.
Activity: 420
Merit: 15
January 18, 2018, 02:19:00 PM
This forks looks like shitcoins - sell it if you can and buy GOA coin (see it in my signature)
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
January 18, 2018, 02:15:51 PM
Well Well it seems to be a huge list. These days people are more interested in forking bitcoin rather than creating their own ICO and blockchain. These no more aim at improving bitcoin they are just focused at creating an alternative blockchain. Most of them aren't even supported by exchanges so they never get listed. I have a rather different theory regarding these forks. Its that if these forks are really worth it my wallet and exchanges will pay me up these forks than to just let them go away. It saves me from a lot of headache of moving funds from the cold storage everytime.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
January 18, 2018, 02:06:43 PM
It's kind of insane how long this list is, and how few of these I've heard of... Seems like Bitcoin forks are being pumped out almost as fast as ERC20 tokens these days.
January 18, 2018, 02:02:06 PM
Good one, thanks mate!
Activity: 224
Merit: 17
January 18, 2018, 01:59:01 PM
OMG! What are all these forks? What good is that? Speculation on the exchanges or what?
January 18, 2018, 01:22:20 PM
Seriously? What the fudge I thought there was at most 10 forks but this list complied you got 30 here jesus  Huh. All I think now is that I hope most aren't important and I have a hard time taking anything like that seriously given that 30 times bitcoin has been forked, hilarious.

Yeah and there are probably more, I just don't know about them yet. Let's just hope that the fork craze won't last for long.

The thing about forks (un)importance is that each and every of them has a chance to become significant and valuable in the future, even to the point of replacing the original Bitcoin. The chance is very slim but nobody can know what will happen in the future. So any Bitcoin holder with a non-marginal amount of coins would be insane to ignore the forks. Many of these forks begin around 1% of Bitcoin value which is already a hell of a lot of money to be ignored.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 18, 2018, 01:07:09 PM
Seriously? What the fudge I thought there was at most 10 forks but this list complied you got 30 here jesus  Huh. All I think now is that I hope most aren't important and I have a hard time taking anything like that seriously given that 30 times bitcoin has been forked, hilarious.
Activity: 264
January 18, 2018, 12:58:49 PM
Thanks for the detailed report of the bitcoin plugs. I did not know that there is such a huge amount. Until now I thought that there were only 2 or 3 of them.
Pages:
Jump to: